Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rudolph Guliani

New Year's Eve marked the 2-year anniversary of my first club expeirience. That night at the Tunnel was definitly an eye-opening expeirience for me, as it turned me into a lover of NYC nightlife.

Now that was the end of 1998 and the beginning of 1999. To me, nightclubs have just gotten better. They haven't seemed to get worse. But, for some reason, everyone points to the mid-90's, during Disco 2000 and Forsaken Fridays as the absolute pinnacle of clublife, and people point to the mayor for the reason why it has been going downhill ever since.

What has Rudolph Guiliani done so bad to bring NYC nightlife down? What am I missing? I have to claim ignorance because those parties were before my time, and I just see the club scene still evolving into something that none of us can imagine.

Thoughts, anyone?

------------------

blast.gif MEGA HIGHMZ x4armor.art

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Originally posted by highmay:

So is this the general opinion, an "uuuhhhmmm"? Cmon, everyone, there has to be a reason why clubbers hate him so much, what is that reason?

I wouldnt say it was more clubbers that hate him, its more the homeless ravers.. ( i know people will hate me for this) but I was once at a party in tompkins square park about yr and a half ago.. it was for Squatter raver kids.. because the mayor was taking there home away.. what had happend was the state owned an abandoned bulding (where i dont know) that squatters were living in, and the state had sold it and forced all the squatters out.. WHAT I dont understand is if your functionable enuff to go to a fucking party, and do DRUGS! why can't you work and get a real place to live? People dont like the mayor because SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS, AND IT HURT TO HAVE SOMETHING THAT ISNT YOURS TAKEN AWAY?

just my opinion, everyones free to express theres..

XOXOXO MWWWWAH

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"A good man is hard to find, A hard man is Good to find"
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

dontdrinkanddrive.gif

What I heard and I know this is true...what Rudy has done is refused to hand out anymore joint cabaret and liquor licenses.

This means, no new clubs in new locations that weren't previously a space with a liquor & cabaret licence.

That's one of the major beefs people have with him.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."