Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Human Traffic.....

Guest cosmicgirl

Guest cosmicgirl

was not so great at all! I just watched it last night, and I was totally not impressed filmically or even on a superficial comedic level! i thought it was quite the flimsy flick--and if Pete Tong was doing the music direction like the credits said, what was up with the horrible music editing?

anyone else with any opinions?

------------------

What goes on?!?!

Guest clubkid77

Originally posted by cosmicgirl:

was not so great at all! I just watched it last night, and I was totally not impressed filmically or even on a superficial comedic level! i thought it was quite the flimsy flick--and if Pete Tong was doing the music direction like the credits said, what was up with the horrible music editing?

anyone else with any opinions?

Yeah im not impressed with your english, and the use "filmicaly" which is not a word.

Guest cosmicgirl

Originally posted by clubkid77:

Yeah im not impressed with your english, and the use "filmicaly" which is not a word.

well, well, clubkid77--i believe that i am a cinema studies minor and after many classes, filmically is a widely used word--here ya go, i did some research for you too...

from the merriam webster dictionary:

Main Entry: film·ic

Pronunciation: 'fil-mik

Function: adjective

Date: circa 1930

: of, relating to, or resembling motion pictures

- film·i·cal·ly /-mi-k(&-)lE/ adverb

peace.

------------------

What goes on?!?!

Guest cosmicgirl

pooh, whats up, i leave for italy on the 9th, for now im hanging at the parents house, living it up! how are you, mi amigo??

------------------

What goes on?!?!

The film was about a bunch of working class kids going out and escaping their lives for a weekend--I thought the film portrayed it quite well. It wasn't flashy and slick like groove because these weren't the most hip and spiritual people... they were just a bunch of kids getting trashed for the weekend! so he had a different purpose

I liked the "it was better in the old days" sequence... I'm from the "old days" and thought that was really accurate!

[This message has been edited by nadinesdream (edited 01-01-2001).]

I thought that Human Traffic was a great movie! It portrayed the whole drug experience better than any I had ever seen and I thought that the characters were great. I think any party person could identify with one. It focused on the drug aspect of the scene more so than the music but I think thats what people wanted to see. Some people get overwhelmed with what they put into their bodies and I think that this film finally captured it in a comical yet very realistic way.

Originally posted by clubkid77:

Thanks English Teacher... You helped everyone with your great comments and insight. Now shut up, and go back to teaching your little club kids...

Dan

------------------

"You all laugh at me becasue I'm different, I laugh at you because your all the same."

[This message has been edited by dstgeorge2 (edited 01-02-2001).]

Guest cosmicgirl

pulsedriver,

true indeed about portraying the overwhelming feeling of drugs--i thought that guy (i forget his name, the one that was living with his parents) was a great example of a confused and overwhelmed drug user--his performance at the end was definitely a good example of it.

------------------

What goes on?!?!

I rented it last nite too and I completely enjoyed the flick! Found it entertaining, non-Hollywood and it portrayed how some of us feel before, during and after drug use.

HOFF (crazy kid that was caught by his mother whacking off and yelled at his family at the dinner table) was a great character. I have met people just like him.

cwm3.gifcwm2.gifcwm4.gif

Right, Groove is just like real life. esp. when the mild mannered yuppie rolls balls and hooks up with a random hottie from the internet chat room at the rave. Geesh, I must have 30 or 40 'dear diary' entries that tell just that story . . . ;-)

<note: sarcasm>

but, I do agree that it's got some phat trax.

DM

Originally posted by vejita:

Rent "Groove", if you haven't yet.... it's far more believable, and it's got sicker tracks, too.

------------------

DM

Human traffic had a better story line than Groove, by going into the characters' personal lives. (alot of funny parts - esp. when the main guy is telling his story about his sexual performance or lack there of). The movie did a good job with portraying how you feel before E, during and especially the realistic way you feel coming down.(the car ride home was so true)

Groove had better music, and some parts of Human Traffic were hard to understand, especially when that guy (who lived with his parents) spoke.

------------------

india222@hotmail.com

Tinkerbell-01.gif