Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lounges??

I've seen a few posts where people have said that they may take a break from clubbing and start going to lounges instead. I have a group of friends, half like clubbing, half like lounges. I'm all set with what clubs to go to but need help coming up with some lounges. Went to Lot 61 and everyone liked that but I have to believe there are more/better ones around. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

I've been to Lot 61 twice. Both times for someone's birthday. Personally I didn't care much for it. While the space is nice and looks cool, I just get a very anti-mingling feel to the place (and I'm a very sociable person). I honestly don't remember what kind of music they had.

This place is o.k. for a drink or two- but beyond that, I don't think that I would recommend it. I just get too much of that "people looking for models" feel to the place.

I've been going to a friends party at Parlay Lounge on Tuesdays (last Tuesday of every month)- I've never been there any other night, but on the nights that I have gone, the vibe and music are awesome. It's on A between 12th and 13th. Check it out.

SK13

------------------

I've got plans, lots of 'em.

Liquids on 10th btwn A and 1st gets some really good DJs...I've been on Friday and Thursday.

Leopard Lounge on...I wanna say 2nd Ave and 5th st is also very chillin and cozy, although you bound to get lung cancer if you hang upstairs to long.

Alphabet Lounge is a bit small, but has has some very smooth DJs and interesting people hangin out....can't remember the local.

....and for a different change of pace....Flute is very, very plush and pretty....two floors, spacious...some-what glamorous crowd, but its mixed too, and I don't think stuffy....many cool alcoves to huddle in with friends and people watch...i was there on a Wednesday, and the music was, um,...well I guess I had too many Cosmos b/c I can't remember, but I definitely had fun. Its on 20th btwn Park and Madison - 95% sure.

Guess I'll stop now. cwm30.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

[This message has been edited by jewel44317 (edited 01-05-2001).]

Originally posted by laurensomers:

Liquids is good. Also, dj's spin house at Orchard Bar on the weekends. There are tons of good places all along Orchard Street, some of them don't even have signs. Although, sometimes it can be hit or miss. It depends what your loooking for...

...which reminds me, "Swim" is on Orchard btwn Rivington and Stanton...haven't been in awhile, but I rememeber it being a very socialable atmosphere. "Guernica" downstairs is another...upstairs is a restaurant....its in the Ave B-ish and 4th st area...look that up though.

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"