Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oakenfold leaves the UK to come to the US for 8 months

See you later Paul!

Seb Fontaine, Radio 1s newest and best recruit let it slip that Paul Oakenfold is packing up ship and heading for riches across in the USA. Speaking in his Worldpop DJ Diary the said, 'I don't know if it's common knowledge but he's off to America soon for eight to nine months, I don't know if people know that.'

Having played his last set in the UK for a cool £20,000 at Ministry's party at the Dome, all we can say is good luck to the man...

Originally posted by king73:

WOW. I hope he plays in NY for most of his stay. By the way I saw him at Roseland 6 months ago and he was pretty off. Well, he might have had a bad nite

Are you talking about Roseland with Sandra Collins? I didn't make it to the show, but my friends said the same thing, I wouldn't say he was horrible, but I guess off like you said would be a good way to describe it. Isn't that weird though? I guess even a god can have a bad day!! cwm36.gif

Originally posted by neydogs:

Are you talking about Roseland with Sandra Collins? I didn't make it to the show, but my friends said the same thing, I wouldn't say he was horrible, but I guess off like you said would be a good way to describe it. Isn't that weird though? I guess even a god can have a bad day!! cwm36.gif

How can you say he wasnt horrible if you weren't there?

------------------

"The world is a better place because of those who refuse to believe they can't

fly."

dragon_pipe_e0.gif

Originally posted by gravity:

How can you say he wasnt horrible if you weren't there?

well if you read my post, I didn't say he was horrible and you would see that I said I was told by my freinds ( who share the same taste in music )the same thing as what that guy posted, that Oakie was off that night. I was just commenting on how I had heard the same thing. Ease up there killer! No need for hostility, I like Oakie, I wasn't putting him down, in fact I was complementing him, again, you would have seen that too if you read my post all the way through, I said even a god can have an off day. Why don't you read the posts before you reply with attitude.

[This message has been edited by neydogs (edited 01-04-2001).]

oakie was "off" that night because he had a bad cold. his doctor had told him not to fly at all, but at the last minute told him he could. i just flew with a bad cold and let me tell you it was miserable... my ears were stopped up and i thought i'd never hear again. so i can see how he had a bad night!!!

i wonder where he'll be spinning?

Oakenfold is my one and only God and i will never worship another god in his place. unless someone else brings out as good anthemic music and actually SPINS it at his parties. he was great at Hammerstein, i thought, but it would've been even better if he played more of the music he's known for

is it really a full 8 months he'll be here in the US??? if so, i'm really pissed because i just made plans to be in London for the summer, fulling intending to catch him at Ministry of Sound or Gatecrasher or in Ibiza...

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP

I may be wrong but i think he will travel round quiet a bit. Look at Sasha he can only sell 74,000 compilations CD's because he isn't know outside NY. So the true sales must be small town America.. when ther have little more to do than masterbate and listen to music wink.gif

But i recon he will take a few residencies.... when me and Cholo did that web chat with him, he kept going on and on about how much he liked Chicago.. in the end i had to tell him to shut up wink.gif That could be a hint... and i have had a very strange email fom a club over here saying '2001 is going to be big, we carn't say anymore YET.. but it's going to blow you all away'.

We shall see.

Deanna...Oakie spins the same tracks in all of his sets... tracks Perfecto Records Produced ie: Bullet in the gun, It's not Over Yet, Another Day, Your not alone, Fly Away, U2 remixes. Tracks made by Timo Maas & BT, they're under his label.

He's an anthem spinnin sell out...to mellow for me. There's only room for 1 Paul in the dance muzik scene & thats PVD! He produces his own tracks...Genius!

Crobar is too small to handle an Oakey residency. . . of course, that's just me. . .

and if he thinks he's gonna make a huge dent in eight months, he best realize this is no freakin' island. . . cwm35.gif

------------------

women are my favorite drug. . . they're the ones that fuck you up the most!!

Finally!! Some Oakenfold on a regular basis!! hehe Makes my new year's resolution much easier!! I won't have to follow him around... If u cant go to the mountain, let the mountain come to you!! hahaha!! cwm27.gif Like u guys said, I hope he does at least a bi-monthly residence in NY while he's here, and defenetely one in Florida!! I hear he likes Florida a lot (and not only South FL)... One thing's for sure... We'll defenetely have a good dose of Oakenfold for this year 2001!! cwm32.gifcwm35.gif I cant wait!! cwm12.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

as the authority on oakey, ill let u kidz hear this. i heard that oakey is opening up Home @ NYC this year, yup! as heavenly as that sounds, the God may rock our little town here. may the force be with the Man! btw, roseland was great, he had a fuckin flu ok, so we are gona let him off on that time, but ladies n gents, Hamerstein was pure heaven, he fuckin played my song, "Rendevouz", if only he would play Jamie Meyerson "Rescue Me" , there would be peace in the middle east! amen and Oakey Bless you all! ciao

------------------

- elegance is never out of style -

Originally posted by perfecto25:

as the authority on oakey, ill let u kidz hear this. i heard that oakey is opening up Home @ NYC this year, yup! as heavenly as that sounds, the God may rock our little town here. may the force be with the Man! btw, roseland was great, he had a fuckin flu ok, so we are gona let him off on that time, but ladies n gents, Hamerstein was pure heaven, he fuckin played my song, "Rendevouz", if only he would play Jamie Meyerson "Rescue Me" , there would be peace in the middle east! amen and Oakey Bless you all! ciao

when's he opening Home? you know anywhere else and any dates he's going to be in NYC?

------------------

FOR SALE: ROOMMATE. CHEAP