Clubplanet Nightlife Community

HELP....and I know this has nothing to do with clubbing

Alright I need some advise here...anyone with suggestion ppplllleeeeeaaazzzeee.

It's my best friends wedding in a couple of weeks (not to be compared to the movie coze we REALLY are just 'best friends' wink.gif) and I've got this really nice long black dress. Only thing is, I would feel more comfortable with 3 pounds less on my bumb/hip area.

So, does anyone has some good and FAST acting dieting suggestion wink.gif ??? I've never tried Slimfast and those kind of things...do they work???

Thanks....

------------------

an1701.gif

Always heard that zero carbs high protien diets work wonders in a few weeks.

Also, do some cardeo work daily.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

Oh well, I'm afraid that's it then frown.gif I hoped someone came up with a MAGIC SOLUTION. Thanks Ooana...will try that too.

On the other hand...didn't we all just agree that apearance isn't the important thing...LOL...or how my male colleagues mentioned: "tight is always good" smile.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

Originally posted by flying_high:

Oh well, I'm afraid that's it then frown.gif I hoped someone came up with a MAGIC SOLUTION. Thanks Ooana...will try that too.

On the other hand...didn't we all just agree that apearance isn't the important thing...LOL...or how my male colleagues mentioned: "tight is always good" smile.gif

Apearance shouldn't be the only thing, but you said you would feel more comfortable... which is important.

I know...and yeah I would. You know what's just so funny...read through the that "ass vs. breast" post and one of the guys mentioned how good a small waist and round bumb looks.... guess that's exactly what makes me feel uncomfy. Still, I guess I just hit the gym later on today cwm4.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

there is really no such thing as targetting. You can target muscles for development but when it comes to burning fat you have a genetic predisposition for where your body will store excess body fat and in what order of prority. Conversely, as you work off your total body fat your body has its own order of where it will come off.

So they are right - the only thing to do is to get a good diet. No Carb is bullshit - what you want is a balance between carbs, protein, and fat. And the carbs should come from fruits and veggies which are low density so you will have to eat many.

Then start doing some cardio to burn total fat while doing some weights to build lean muscle mass which will also make your body burn more calories naturally and automatically.

There are "quick fixes" but they don't last. I'm sure that if you only need to loose a few pounds then you probably still look hot and there's no need to go imperrilling your health with these stupid quick fixes. Rather, get a good regiment for permanent health and you will be a happy girl smile.gif

LOL....hey you're all soooo sweet. I REALLY was just talking about 3 pounds...but I guess I just hide all those Christmas sweets in the back of my fridge get some diet shakes for my daily chocolate craving and things will be fine when I shake my butt at the wedding dance wink.gif

------------------

an1701.gif

The zero carbs thing I mentioned was only something I'd heard was a quick fix.

Me personally, I don't bother trying to fit a mould anymore. My bod was made to make babies and I'm fine with that.

Yes a nice little six pack and tight lil' rear would be nice to have again, but IMHO, I'd rather read a book or go out with friends then kill myself for hours at the gym on a daily basis.

Girl, do what you need to do to feel good about you. Ignore those posts about T&A because it's all plastic. If losing a couple lbs will make you feel better about yourself at the wedding, then no biggie...but don't kill yourself.

Rather than working so hard on killing those lbs, maybe do other things you know make yourself feel good about you so that when you walk into that room, your confidence, strength and personality shine through and around that fabulous dress. that'll make you look better than losing a few lbs of meat would ;-)

And of course...HAVE FUN!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

3 pounds- thats easy. I know this sounds kinda sick, but eat hardly anything the week before, and EXERCISE!!!! The key to dieting is exercise. AND--After that week of fasting, you can pig out at the wedding!! I wouldn't recommend making a habit of this type of diet because it is really unhealthy,but it gets the job done!! cwm6.gif

------------------

~The poor long for Riches,

The rich long for Heaven,

But the wise desire Tranquility.~

*"The only good is knowledge. The only evil is ignorance."* Socrates

*Love always starts with a kiss, and ends with a tear.*

GNC - Xenadrin: pop 3-4 of these puppies a day and all you'll eat is a salad if you can. Plus you'll have the energy of a 7 year old. Its not the healthiest stuff in the world, but if you want to lose some weight quick, this is the way. (If you take like 4 all at once it gives you a mild rolling sensation! its pretty cool)

I am not an expert on this but I have been following nutrition and excercise for a few years now, First of all cut out all sweet drinks. Just drink water. The more water you drink the better. It keeps you full plus it cleanses your system. Try to do at least 20 minutes of cardio in the morning without eating. If you eat before you do cardio you will burn the food instead of fat and that is pointless. Just eat right and do a few crunches here and there and you will see results. Its hard in the beginning but once you get in the habit it is a piece of cake. My problem is I drink toooo much beer so I have trouble losing the gut. Just be motivated and believe you can do it. Its not hard. Picture yourself the way you want to be and it will come. You have to be patient. Its not easy. Don't give up on 3 pounds but reach your goal. Just believe you can....Damm I am fucked up. I just came from my first wedding. Jesus... A lot to drink today. This is my first message on this board. I hope it helps.