Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bribing the Bouncer

OK, so some of us don't have promoter friends all over the city and still want to get into the clubs V.I.P. How do you do it? WHere does it work? How much? any personal stories....

I've only seen it done at EXIT. A couple people were waiting at the red rope. THe bouncer slapped the guys hand, opened the rope and slid the money into his pocket. It was so slick you had to be paying attention to even notice it.

I think it is a waste of money but when I want to get in somewhere quick I have had great luck talking to bouncers. A little respect and a few dollars can cut down on the complaining from your GF when you are stuck in line and it is cold.

every now and then i roll up with someone who's not 21 and when no one's looking just ask the bouncer if it would be alright if you gave him some $$ to let everyone who's not of age in. standard rate is a $20 a person (you only need to pay for those who normally wouldn't get in.) do it nicely and most importantly inconspicuously. i've never had a bouncer tell me no.

------------------

house_music.gif

If you just don't feel like waiting outside, usually the people holding the list will hook you up if you slip them a little cash ($10-$20 per person). But, it depends on who and where. You still may need to pay cover, so it can get pretty expensive.

If you are trying to get in underage, I suggest you give the bouncer any ID with a $20 bill folded under it.

Or, just network as much as possible until you have enough connections!

Goodluck!

Sguid

------------------

If ignorance is bliss, then you must be rolling!

Guest cosmicgirl

i used to see an italian guy, straight from naples, and he used to do it all the time because i was underage.....i hated it! i thought it was horrible--it was so slick though, i never realized what went on--and then id ask him why there was no problems with me not having ID--and he would just say, "oh, hes an old friend"--riiiiiiighhhht.

------------------

What goes on?!?!

funny story-- my 1st time ever clubbing in NYC, i went to the tunnel to meet my friends. the line was around the block. i thought there was no way i was getting inside within the next few hours. the guy at the door tells me i have to wait. i offer him $20. he tells me "no way." i offer him $50. he says "not for any amount of money; get in line; trust me." i didnt realize how big the club really was. 15 minutes later, the line had moved quickly and i was getting in. the bouncer just smiled and said "i told you to trust me." i tried to give him a 20 anyway. he refused to take it. that was very cool.

------------------

i love music!

the only time i did it was out in vegas over the summer...

went up to one of the bouncers, and said something along the lines of 'what's it gonna take to get in without waiting on line?'

sounds snotty as all hell, but it worked - gave him a couple of bucks and in we went.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...