Clubplanet Nightlife Community

-=New Cutting Edge Music=-

We are all here cuz we share the love of trance, house, and dance music in general.

I was wondering what other people are starting to get into here besides the aformentioned...

Personally, I'm really getting into what I call "dub" music. Best example is:

Thievery Corporation

Also good are:

Jazzanova

Nicola Conte

Les Baxter

Nightmares on Wax

Ian Pooley

Fila Brazilia

Mo' Horizons

John Beltran

I'm always on the lookout for what's new and what's next.

Anyone else out there like to explore?

------------------

furnace.gif

[This message has been edited by furnace (edited 01-08-2001).]

By far, one of my favorite things to do is sit with someone and share music...things either I or they have never heard. It's how I've discovered the majority of the music in my collection.

I'll definitely check out your list there because other than Thievery Corporation, I haven't heard of anyone on your list! Yay!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Woo Oo! We will def share music soon...and we'll learn Latin dance after swing dancing...

innuend0...good question. I find my own drum n bass stuff. Started with a few compilations, and you just branch off of that. Next Monday, I'm going to see a friend of mine spin at Joe's Pub. He is Ming from Ming & FS. They are based here in NYC, and they have an album out called Hell's Kitchen.

I highly recommend you check them out.

------------------

furnace.gif

if you want to hear good DnB and you can get 103.3 it is princeton's radio station. On Sunday's Starchild spins a jungle show. It is sick good. ALso for good DnB check out the Melody Bar in NEw Brunswick for hard underground DnB from DJ Shai-Lu.

------------------

'i wish U Heaven'

"People who talk in metaphors should shampoo my crotch"

"and remember Kids, You Can't spell cracKed out with K"

aol IM=MikE420DKE

Originally posted by furnace:

We are all here cuz we share the love of trance, house, and dance music in general.

I was wondering what other people are starting to get into here besides the aformentioned...

Thievery Corporation

Also good are:

Jazzanova

Nicola Conte

Les Baxter

Nightmares on Wax

Ian Pooley

Fila Brazilia

Mo' Horizons

John Beltran

I'm always on the lookout for what's new and what's next.

Anyone else out there like to explore?

Congratulations on your discovery...most of those artists have been around for quite some time, but are not well known.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: ???

My new web site...Version 1.04

http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

Originally posted by innuend0:

My question is--

When is a NYC radio station going to start broadcasting drum and bass? Or do they already? Liquid Todd plays SOME, but not much.

al boogie has a show on nyu radio for a couple years now .. all drum and bass ... 89.9 ... saturdays 9-10:30

and as far as music alternatives i liek drum and bvass myself .. ghetto tech , breaks , deep house ... big beat ... sufer music too ,,, but i havent listent o it in a long time .. and i mean real surfer music from like the fifties ,.. like the ventures and shit =) funky shit !!

umm whatever is clever ... good tunes ... some hip hop too. u know ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Originally posted by furnace:

dub music ... is traditionally reggae, the slow softer stuff , opposite of dancehall ...

theold school sounding stuff .. ( the good stuff =) .. )

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif

Pete...thanx...mebbe u can help me out if you know some of this stuff. What should I call it? Joey says that "dub" refers to other stuff...

Maybe we can call it "world groove", since there are alot of cultural flavors integrated into it (which is why I like it so much...one of the reasons why Midnight on 27th St. is one of my fave trance tracks)

I hate to pigeonhole stuff, but at the same time, you sorta need a point of reference so people know what you're talking about.

Also, Pete, I know that the stuff has been around a while. Do you know any more stuff along these lines? Do you listen to it/spin it?

It's DEFINITELY good to see that peeps here on the board have an open mind...I hope so, but wasn't sure...

Anybody else listen to stuff we've probably never heard?

------------------

furnace.gif