Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Philanthrophy in and around NYC

Well, i have to be honest, they had a day here where they took all the dogs out on to the streets.. a very nice girl acosted me.. couldn't have a dog in my apartment so i signed up for this.

A freind fosters cats.. there is a big need for that.. but your only a tempory foster home so if you get attached don't do it.

Another freind takes care of horses, she get to ride them etc.. just some other animal related ideas smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Well, i have to be honest, they had a day here where they took all the dogs out on to the streets.. a very nice girl acosted me.. couldn't have a dog in my apartment so i signed up for this.

A freind fosters cats.. there is a big need for that.. but your only a tempory foster home so if you get attached don't do it.

Another freind takes care of horses, she get to ride them etc.. just some other animal related ideas smile.gif

Are all of these in NYC? Again, do you know of an organization or a way to find things such as this?

xxlea: I'm not talking about a single weekend or even walking dogs... trying to get an idea of what things interest people and then find an organization where everyone would be happy helping out.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today!" -- James Dean

Originally posted by back2basics-:

No sorry they are all in Chicago.

No worries. I just found this link:

http://www.nycnonprofits.org/links/

That contains a bunch of non-profit organizations. I'm at work and it's a busy day so I don't have time right now to look through it, but looks promising!

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Originally posted by sariman:

xxlea: I'm not talking about a single weekend or even walking dogs... trying to get an idea of what things interest people and then find an organization where everyone would be happy helping out.

//sariman

I know what you meant, I just wasn't specific and it's not exclusive to walking dogs. I happen to love animals and working with them. Also with children, I get along great with them.

Unfortunetaly, I don't know much about these organizations but I am interested in participating.

My choices: Kids, animals, packing meals, visiting hospitals...But I'm open to any other suggestions.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

The New York Cares orientation really isn't bad. I sneaked over to their midtown mtg one day after work and was shocked by the diversity and number of people in the lecture hall, since they hold so many every week. You sit there for an hour or so, and they tell you about how they work, their history and stuff. Meeting up at an orientation and going out for drinks afterward is a great idea.

Ben - check your PM

Hey Danielle

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

You can walk my mutt... careful he might wanna keep you and not let you go out...

Hmm. I'll walk your mutt charlie... I think I know some korean resturants we could visit. wink.gif lol

see you tonight man.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

You can walk my mutt... careful he might wanna keep you and not let you go out...

lol, wouldn't be surprised!! I'm a dog magnet!

Sariman, check your email.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

Originally posted by sariman:

Hmm. I'll walk your mutt charlie... I think I know some korean resturants we could visit. wink.gif lol

see you tonight man.

//sariman

Oh snap...

cwm24.gif

------------------

I had a dream... a wet dream... looks like God is pissing on me again...

caveman.gif

Sorry guys works a bitch this week haven't been able to check the board today. Looks like the 31st is booked up, but I'm leaving a voice mail with a guy to try and get in that class. Regardless I'll go and make my way in! biggrin.gif

Seems like seats into this class go quicker than NYC apartments.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect

Just in case people are wondering the next class with seats available is Feb 2nd. Again in Union Square.

//sariman

------------------

P eace

L ove

U nity

R espect