Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall

Hey everyone. Got a few questions. I've been to exit a bunch of times and i love it. I think its the best club. I'm going to Webster Hall next month for DJ Tiesto. Can anyone tell me what the story if on Webster hall. Is it a drug scene? Are the people friendly?

Well, I'm gonna be honest here. I've never really had a good time there. It's more about spectical than anything. It's a real tourist trap and the vibe is well...no one dances. (at least from what I've seen)

The night you're going may be an acception but its never really jived with me. They've got some many different floors with so many different kinds of music that the vibe just doesn't seem to happen. Its a real weird thing to walk from one room where you hear House to another and whammo...Best of the 80s then another and whammo...Latin then another whammo..70s.

Just doesn't allow the vibe to build in the place if you ask me. The checks when you go in are also rediculous. They aren't kind about it...at all. Worst frisking I've ever gotten and while I understand the need, this one was just damn invasive. (And this from a person who loves Vinyl and they check HARD)Just my opinion but to me...its Disney Land.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Well, my opinion of webster hall is a big plus..and i have been to all the bigs ones in manhattan,and done my fare share in Europe as well...

and let me tell you...webster hall is a good time...

Me and my friend went there for new year's and we had really great time..the place is huge and we were like little kids in a candy store just hoppin around from room to room...(maybe cuz we were drunk but still...hehe)

when people say the "vibe" isn't good or non-existent at clubs..you really are not saying much..b/c well it just seems to me your too worried whats going on around you that you are missing out on a good night with your friends...(just my opinion)..and whats a vibe in a club anyway? how the people around u are acting?well in this case, everyone was happy and fun ..so it was good..

anyways..the coat check can get ridiculous and forget about going to the bathroom..b/c your bladder will burst before you even get in there because of the lines...

the people there are very mixed..you have eveyrthing from your typical hoochie club girls, to the shirtless guidos, to the little club kids...straight, gay, and a few diva of course..but there is a great number of older people(meaning like age 40ish..business men and types a like)...but from what i've seen they stay in like the 80's room...(and yes i agree it is a tourist attraction..so be prepared for the F.O.B's <--fresh off the boaters..hehe they are fun as well)

My friends and I on the other hand, we enjoy the the techno room..upstairs..huge room..stage...etc...We had the pleasure of seeing Dj Taucher spin on new years..and it was so laid back that we hung out with him for almost his whole set...it was great...

Music was good...the bars kept pouring liqour..we got our drinks no longer then five minutes at the bar..which is fast and good...

And my favorite part of the club...is the top floor on top of the techno room..its a lounge area with tons of comfy chairs and couches...it overlooks the dancefloor which is pretty big...and you see everyone dancing..its great =)

The only downfall of webster hall..is yes the frisking...and as for drugs...you know people were on shit..but the place is so huge you can't pinpoint everyone..

My suggestion..go to webster hall..kick back..have a few drinks..and just dance ur ass off..cuz thats what its for..and if you make it a good time..it will be a good time =)

so my two cents, i like it there..check it out and tell me how it goes =)

bye bye =)

*Diane* cwm30.gif

------------------

"Dance like nobody is watching...and love like it will never hurt"

"Fightting for peace..is like f*#king for virginity"

think about that one..

;)

WEBSTER HALL sux....there are no girls....its filled with old people....filled with tourists and dammit one out of 50 people are rollin....u figure....go to twilo if u want a good time....but definatly be there when tiesto hits because thats when we take over and kick those damn bastards out!!