Clubplanet Nightlife Community

++++GrOoVe+++++++++

Let me first say I wanted to see this movie so bad, and have heard alot of good things.

But it was So Bad So Bad So Bad, I makes the whole scene look so fake, the acting was so bad, the dancing in the movie was bad; But it was way better then Go. And all the people where all fine the next day... more bullshit... no one was eaten up! My girlfriend rented it last night (cause I had wanted to see it when it was in the cinema... well at least I didn’t pay $9.50)... arg... just bad. And I didn't know that Sash (saw a photo of him later today) and Digweed where so ugly! Digweed looks like an Fing retard.

Well At least it ws better then Go, I wish it was as good as Transpotting frown.gif

Dan

Sash or Sasha!!?? Either way both of them weren't in the movie, only Digweed.

Yea the acting was kinda weak, but its an indy man cant expect it to have quality attributes as in Trainspotting.

The movies was alright, but its definetely far from being a signature movie for the techno generation. The plot was weak, and the budget didnt allow the makers to experiment more with scenes.

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

Can i ask you a question? what does it matter what a dj looks like?

Lipz,

Does it matter? Everything matters, I was just having a different image in my head. Maybe it's all the Television I watched as a kid, but Video killed Radio Star ( and if DJ keep getting more and more POP-ish the same will happened – al MTV DJ Scribbles) and I think the same goes for everything. Just saying what came to mind when I saw him in the movie, and I'm not a Digweed fan (surely not anti, just haven't listened to him really). Plus the illustration in Dec. DJ international just didn't look like him... it was younger, thinner, not a large bulb like head. Any ways..

And yes I know Sasha or Sash wasn't in the movie and I wrote a side note saying that, maybe I wasn’t clear. But Pollywog was a cool DJ, trippy – Is she a real DJ maybe I’ll surf the net and check. It would have been cool if they had a Drum n’ Bass Room in the movie... and why was each DJ’s Set an hour long?

And it is still a bad movie, I'm just glad it was better then "GO"... just wishing for more. The only good thing I can say beside Polywog is I want a Illegal Rave that is free (what $2 for the map) with free fruit and water!!!! Wow! That would be nice, maybe Raves are like that in Cali... but I think not!

Wishing They all could be

Dan

hey, dstgeorge2, i can attest to the fact that cali raves aren't like that. i started my raving days in cali, and, well, no.

granted, i was in southern cali, but, i'm willing to bet that the people who made the movie weren't talking exclusively about the san francisco scene.

i went to parties that small, parties with map points, and parties in warehouses. i did even go to a $1 party. but here's the deal, the days when that shit worked are long gone, 'cause when i was FIRST doing that (in '97-98), it was already really hard to successfully carry those parties out - meaning hold them without them getting busted. sometimes the map point parties would be busted by the time you got there, after you'd paid for the map. a lot of the time too many people'd show up to the parties, even though they were kept on the dl (supposedly), and they'd get shut down just as they'd gotten started, ripping off the people who'd gotten in and only enjoyed the first and only hour of the party. and the $1 party i went to was mostly attended by jerks who wanted to start fights with the ravers; cheap admission, why not?

anyway, "groove"'s look at raves was very unrealistic and dated, as far as i can tell. i no longer live in cali, but i'm willing to bet that the only reason the movie didn't have "smart drinks" was 'cause they couldn't fit blenders into the budget.