Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EXIT VIBE

WHAT IS UP WITH THE VIBE AT EXIT LATELY?

BORIS IS NOT AS GOOD AS HE USE TO BE, HE'S MUSIC SOMETIMES CAN REALLY SUCK AND SOMETIMES SEE ALL THIS PEOPLE ON THE DANCE FLOOR AND THEY DON'T EVEN MOVE BECAUSE IT SEAMS LIKE THAT HE IS PLAYING THE SAME SONG ALL NIGHT!

THE DJ (GIRL) UPSTAIRS IS WAY BETTER THEN HIM, THEY SHOULD GET HER ON MAIN FLOOR DON'T YOU THINK?

[This message has been edited by djfabioc (edited 01-14-2001).]

exit has a vibe?

when did they put that in?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

exit has a vibe?

when did they put that in?

rob why are you getting silly

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

if ur talking about last nite>i must disagree boris was kicking ass, he was really more progressive house the whole night, than his usual style of mixing. The crowd and vibe was great had a great time. cwm35.gif

I think that Exit is an official tourist site of New York. One person on the board said it best (sorry for forgetting) when he/she described it as "the club that everyone's little sister in central Jersey knows about." It suffers from its own success in this way, a very large, and very breattaking venue. So, of course, everyone wants to see what it's about.

What I'm getting to is this: On any given friday or saturday night, you have a good 50%-60% of the crowd classified as "Exit Virgins." People like this generally never been to a club before, much less a venue of this spectacular caliber. The vibe is generally not as strong as say, Seb Fontaine at Twilo, where people know what good trance is, and appreciate a quality DJ. I would bet you money that a good portion of the crowd at Exit on any given night won't know the names of the DJs spinning. Exit Virgins don't know what a crowd teaser is, or the hottest song out now, or even good dancers.

All elements point to a weak vibe, my friends.

I know this sounds like a huge generalization, but that's the vibe I've been getting recently when I'm there.

------------------

"ID, Please."

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

Originally posted by highmay:

I think that Exit is an official tourist site of New York. One person on the board said it best (sorry for forgetting) when he/she described it as "the club that everyone's little sister in central Jersey knows about." It suffers from its own success in this way, a very large, and very breattaking venue. So, of course, everyone wants to see what it's about.

What I'm getting to is this: On any given friday or saturday night, you have a good 50%-60% of the crowd classified as "Exit Virgins." People like this generally never been to a club before, much less a venue of this spectacular caliber. The vibe is generally not as strong as say, Seb Fontaine at Twilo, where people know what good trance is, and appreciate a quality DJ. I would bet you money that a good portion of the crowd at Exit on any given night won't know the names of the DJs spinning. Exit Virgins don't know what a crowd teaser is, or the hottest song out now, or even good dancers.

All elements point to a weak vibe, my friends.

I know this sounds like a huge generalization, but that's the vibe I've been getting recently when I'm there.

Anyways..Jayme ur asking for it.

cwm4.gif

First don't compare exit as being a tourist site of new york, thats not true. An example of a tourist club is webster hall, dont u even compare exit to webster hall. The crowd is great, yeah there might be new ppl everytime to exit but theres also lots of ppl who r regulars. I think exit has a great vibe, everyones having fun, dancing and shit, the music is good, i dont understand why ppl have to put down exit all the time like i said b4 , if u dont like it , then dont go, and if u keep going , then it must be something about it u like, so dont diss it, thats real crazy if u keep going to a place that u dont like somethig about it.

And I dont believe that if someone doesnt know the name of the dj or what song he's playing , that it means that its a bad vibe. THe vibe has to do with the surroundings of the club, the music, crowd, how everyone reacts and if a couple of ppl dont know who the dj is spinnig DOESNT mean that he/she cant have fun and bring a good vibe at exit.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Definetely not a tourist site, although a lot of newbies do come up every night, the place is so huge that there is a piece of every vibe that can exist in a club in Exit.

As for as for Boris - he kicks ass, one the hardest and most exciting dj's I've ever heard spin. His style however may not be for everyone, and he can have bad nights too, which also depends on the crowd.

Saying there's a bad vibe in Exit is like saying there's a bad vibe in New York, you just gotta find your corner and the vibe will be fine.

cwm4.gif

First don't compare exit as being a tourist site of new york, thats not true. An example of a tourist club is webster hall, dont u even compare exit to webster hall. The crowd is great, yeah there might be new ppl everytime to exit but theres also lots of ppl who r regulars. I think exit has a great vibe, everyones having fun, dancing and shit, the music is good, i dont understand why ppl have to put down exit all the time like i said b4 , if u dont like it , then dont go, and if u keep going , then it must be something about it u like, so dont diss it, thats real crazy if u keep going to a place that u dont like somethig about it.

And I dont believe that if someone doesnt know the name of the dj or what song he's playing , that it means that its a bad vibe. THe vibe has to do with the surroundings of the club, the music, crowd, how everyone reacts and if a couple of ppl dont know who the dj is spinnig DOESNT mean that he/she cant have fun and bring a good vibe at exit.

ok...here we go...

Roxanne, sweetheart, I know that you don't have to know who the DJ is to appreciate the music or the vibe. What I'm saying is that, from what I see there, an EXIT VIRGIN would be about 17/18 years old, dress up in their Bang Bang best, and dance in a circle with their friends to whatever music is playing, not caring about who the DJ is and what is being played. Hey, it's cool with me, I never downgraded that.

I'm just saying that this type of person is invading Exit at an alarming rate, bringing down the energy and emotion that, say, PVD would bring to twilo, or how Boris tore Exit down in the summer like NYU did to the Palldium, where EVERYONE would feel the music.

It's a beautiful feeling when the hottest song of the moment is hitting the climax and everyone knows it, and everyone is getting down, and everyone loves eachother, rolling or not. Combine that with the light show and snowfall...Roxanne (and everyone out there): that feeling can never be duplicated, and Exit, given all the right factors, can master that.

Now these EXIT VIRGINS wouldn't know any of that because they never expierienced it. They represent a good portion of the crowd. And on the mediocre skill (but relating style) that Draper puts into, and you have a good vibe (because in the end, it IS a party), but not a GREAT vibe.

------------------

"ID, Please."

Hey i went to exit for the first time on friday, and i had a great eXperience. I know what you are talking about with the virgins, cause i saw it myself. I might be an exit virgin but i have been to lots of other clubs all over and i know what to experience. Maybe some people don't know how to handle the Dj and the mood of the whole crowd. There are some people out there like myself who know how to get the feeling out of the club. I have one question. Does Exit always get that crowded, and it seemed to me that on the main floor not everyone was dancing. Lots of peple were just standing there. If your not going to dance and get in the vibe then why stand in the way of others that are totally in the moment of the music??

[This message has been edited by clunedoge (edited 01-15-2001).]

Originally posted by clunedoge:

Does Exit always get that crowded, and it seemed to me that on the main floor not everyone was dancing. Lots of peple were just standing there. If your not going to dance and get in the vibe then why stand in the way of others that are totally in the moment of the music??

[This message has been edited by clunedoge (edited 01-15-2001).]

I feel you. I totally feel you. And yes, Exit can get pretty packed. This is what I mean, Roxanne. Sometimes I question whether these people understand how the music should make them feel.

PS. cwm28.gif <----------What the hell is that???

[This message has been edited by highmay (edited 01-15-2001).]

cwm4.gif

ok...here we go...

Roxanne, sweetheart, I know that you don't have to know who the DJ is to appreciate the music or the vibe. What I'm saying is that, from what I see there, an EXIT VIRGIN would be about 17/18 years old, dress up in their Bang Bang best, and dance in a circle with their friends to whatever music is playing, not caring about who the DJ is and what is being played. Hey, it's cool with me, I never downgraded that.

I'm just saying that this type of person is invading Exit at an alarming rate, bringing down the energy and emotion that, say, PVD would bring to twilo, or how Boris tore Exit down in the summer like NYU did to the Palldium, where EVERYONE would feel the music.

It's a beautiful feeling when the hottest song of the moment is hitting the climax and everyone knows it, and everyone is getting down, and everyone loves eachother, rolling or not. Combine that with the light show and snowfall...Roxanne (and everyone out there): that feeling can never be duplicated, and Exit, given all the right factors, can master that.

Now these EXIT VIRGINS wouldn't know any of that because they never expierienced it. They represent a good portion of the crowd. And on the mediocre skill (but relating style) that Draper puts into, and you have a good vibe (because in the end, it IS a party), but not a GREAT vibe.

so jayme what is a GREAT vibe to u, compare to a great vibe. I am talking about the last 2 sentences of ur reply.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Hey guys, could I just interject here for a minute......Roxanne and Jayme, I think both of you raise good points about this situation but I believe you're talking on different wavelengths.......thus, I'm not sure you guys will ever come to an agreement......what I mean by that is that Exit and clubs like Twilo(I am assuming Jayme is taking a Twilo standpoint) are on two different wavelengths period......people who populate each club are looking for different elements to make their experience "great".......now, I am going to reluctantly generalize here because it is the only way to explain this.......I've been to both Exit and Twilo many of times and it seems to me that the Exit crowd is out to have a great time, listen to some hard music, dance, and have some fun with the group they are with........Exit does have a vibe but it is normally confined to the people you are immediately hanging out with that night........@ Twilo, the vibe is the whole picture........the people who populate Twilo are mostly those who are really into the DJ, the music, the the whole Twilo scene.......therefore, the crowd kind of moves as one in that place it it creates an amazing vibe.......one in which someone could show up to the club alone and leave with some new friends and a big smile on their face........I can't say the same for Exit......but I will say that when I have gone to Exit with friends looking for a great time it hasn't failed me.......I just feel like I'm partying with only them whereas at Twilo, I feel like the whole crowd, DJs included, are on the same level and it all makes sense........

please realize that this is my from my experiences and it is a general response so please don't try to pick apart what I just said and get specific.......hope I shed some positive light on this.....

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me

Originally posted by apotheosis:

could it be "regulars" have a location that they tend to heard?

ie: behind the dj booth ?

as opposed to the "virgins" that wonder aimlessly threw the maze.

dude, you really should learn to spell or something. You're almost impossible to understand. No wonder they rag on you.

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Must have been an awful lot of surprised people at Twilo then.

LMAO

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by spoonyd:

glad somebody picked up

smile.gif

i like "good trance" as much as the next guy wink.gif

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

I think what Mike makes more sense than anything else. Exit can be such a better club than it is, but I guess that's a different thread in and of itself.

You want to know what a great vibe is? The first time I heard Spente Le Stelle was in the beginning of June. I think around this time not a lot of people had their hands on it, but everyone knew what it was. (I could be wrong, so I don't want to see 5 replies solely on this line, thank you very much). Anyway, Boris blessed the crowd with it and everyone was going nuts when the climax hit, and the snow was coming down, and the entire main floor was the color blue. It was one of the best feelings that I ever expeirienced in any nightclub.

Great vibe, period.

------------------

"ID, Please."

I think what Mike makes more sense than anything else. Exit can be such a better club than it is, but I guess that's a different thread in and of itself.

You want to know what a great vibe is? The first time I heard Spente Le Stelle was in the beginning of June. I think around this time not a lot of people had their hands on it, but everyone knew what it was. (I could be wrong, so I don't want to see 5 replies solely on this line, thank you very much). Anyway, Boris blessed the crowd with it and everyone was going nuts when the climax hit, and the snow was coming down, and the entire main floor was the color blue. It was one of the best feelings that I ever expeirienced in any nightclub.

Great vibe, period.

so what does that have to do w/ exit?

boris was still spinnin LL last june

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

well you didnt' name that day specifically and made it seem as though it was his residency then

-Rob

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by risa06:

...oh pleeeeeeease....stop sweating Exit already.......yes...there is NO vibe...so please do us all a huge favor....go somewhere else....thank you !!!....Lola smile.gif

He he..... cwm1.gif

Mikey

------------------

"The silent dog is the first to bite..." - me