Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EXIT's Racial Discrimination...anyone else experience this?

Hey I'm asian n I got in that nite around 12am. Here is what I heard about Exit. They said they see too many asians there high on drugs and they stay late. They have been limiting the asians that they let in and the ones that do get let in get search all over

now. They also said a lot of asian overdose on E during the last few months or they sit there all drugged up and it makes the club look bad. When the DT's see that it looks bad too. Besides the asians, they are also trying to close down the club for other people selling drugs, and underage alcohol

selling. Also guiliana is cracking down

on everything. I've heard that not only asians couldnt get in that nite. But I cant tell u all that it was empty in there that nite. Be safe.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not right to be turned away base on your race but it's important to maintain good crowd. there are way too many asians at Exit and Twilo and i can understand the doorperson.. even though i think he could;'ve been more polite. if there were too many blacks or arabs, the doorperson would've turn blacks and arabs away too. my point is that the doorperson insn't necessarily a racist but he was only trying to maintain a good crowd ratio. besides if you go to exit before like 12:30 pretty much anyone can get in.. i think thats why there are so many asians at exit. how many asians do you see at top clubs like spa and au bar?

------------------

i shall speak the truth with an honest tongue...at least on this board.. it really doesnt matter if you get offended by my posts because my posts are bs free and totally honest...honesty.. such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue...

billy joel.

Originally posted by colonia:

Asians suck and they kill the real image of clubbing

EURO POWER!!!!

CLUBS=EURO PLAYHOUSES

ASIANS MAKE YR OWN CLUB....

View?u=51261&a=355817&p=37799857&Sequence=0&res=high

SHE'S A MAN BABY!!

------------------

i think i'm p A r A n O i D & C o M p L i C a T e D . . .

[This message has been edited by shadowchaser (edited 01-12-2001).]

call me what u may, but the asianz who hang out in that 1 part do-not contribute to my clubbing experience. I do not agree with coloniaz "Euro playhouse" statement though. I do feel more comfortable when the room iz more white than another race, not that it iz wrong to be of a different ethnicity. Thatz just the atmosphere I have had the most fun with through my experiencez with going to clubz or barz. But a certain amout of diversity iz needed in the the scene for me to enjoy it the most.

Originally posted by colonia:

Asians suck and they kill the real image of clubbing

EURO POWER!!!!

CLUBS=EURO PLAYHOUSES

ASIANS MAKE YR OWN CLUB....

you have such issues . . . go away you filthy piece of trash . . . you are a sad excuse for a human being . . .

ick.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by brandie:

you have such issues . . . go away you filthy piece of trash . . . you are a sad excuse for a human being . . .

ick.

luv,

brandie

actually it's bad to compare Colonia to trash...trash actually gets respect...it gets recycled...

she's a waste of ovaries...

------------------

i think i'm p A r A n O i D and C o M p L i C a T e D . . .

Originally posted by a691vcc:

call me what u may, but the asianz who hang out in that 1 part do-not contribute to my clubbing experience. I do not agree with coloniaz "Euro playhouse" statement though. I do feel more comfortable when the room iz more white than another race, not that it iz wrong to be of a different ethnicity. Thatz just the atmosphere I have had the most fun with through my experiencez with going to clubz or barz. But a certain amout of diversity iz needed in the the scene for me to enjoy it the most.

i see that you're trying really hard not to sound like a racist, but you've failed. what the fuck does "the asianz who hang out in that 1 part do-not contribute to my clubbing experience" mean??? of course you feel more comfortable when "the room is more white" you nazi. and "is" is spelled with an "s", not a "z" you bigoted moron.

as for exit not allowing asians in for whatever reason, or any other class of people for that matter...the person at the door was an ass for making that statement. aside from the completely racist implications of that, it's just bad business. whether you like them or not, everyone at the door is a patron. and if you turn a group of people away - any group - you're losing money, especially if you're being specific. and it seems asians are a large part of exit's business. in any case, it's fucked up.

Originally posted by yuhwoo:

i see that you're trying really hard not to sound like a racist, but you've failed. what the fuck does "the asianz who hang out in that 1 part do-not contribute to my clubbing experience" mean??? of course you feel more comfortable when "the room is more white" you nazi. and "is" is spelled with an "s", not a "z" you bigoted moron.

as for exit not allowing asians in for whatever reason, or any other class of people for that matter...the person at the door was an ass for making that statement. aside from the completely racist implications of that, it's just bad business. whether you like them or not, everyone at the door is a patron. and if you turn a group of people away - any group - you're losing money, especially if you're being specific. and it seems asians are a large part of exit's business. in any case, it's fucked up.

Uh oh, someone got her pretty fucking pissed. Way to go yuwhoo...

------------------

I had a dream... a wet dream... looks like God is pissing on me again...

caveman.gif

First of all mrs. smarty pantz I use the z on purpose. Wuz it really necessary for u to bring up my puncuation anyway? The reason I started my thought like that wuz because I knew some jack-ass like ur self would jump down my throat. Itz not the race but the vibe that I'm interested. I totally respect people who like to go to say twilo, even though I don't like it. I just stated my opinion of how I like a club to be. I'm not sayin itz the right way, just my way. aaaaaaight. Damn this iz the first time in a while i've actually gotten a little emotional from someonez response, even though I expected. I don't want to fight if thatz what u want to do,but if u would like to talk rationally I'm mosdef down to do that. PEACE

just because he's not a regular on this message board doesn't exclude him from participating fully, besides, haven't you ever heard of the silent majority???

plus, not everyone sits idle and posts stupid, moronic messages for every comment or topic...

K.

Originally posted by gravity:

I've been going to SF for over 3 years...and I assume this is the kind of place that YOU would consider to be frequented by your so-called "muscleheads"...FYI...in the 3+ years I've been going there...I've seen MAYBE ONE scuffle...so, WTF are you talking about...so much for trying to bust down one sterotype with another.

cwm25.gif

------------------

"Do androids dream of electric sheep?" - Philip K. Dick

Originally posted by kitty19:

i am not surprised. i admit, asians roll into clubs hooked up with the most money, the most drugs, the most everything, so i could see why there could be drama surrounding asians.

what the fuck is this. asians have the most money. just because you think asians have the most money, exit should watch out for them.

i think souvlaki is one dumb greek meathead but i do agree with him here.. it doesn't have to do with the race, it has to do with balancing the crowd. asians make up only 2% of us population but they make up about 20% at Exit. thats not right.

asian folks, we like you, you are smart and hard working people, just stick with your own kind on weekend nites...under the system, we HAVE TO work or goto school with you, don't make us party with you.

Originally posted by souvlaki:

it's not right to be turned away base on your race but it's important to maintain good crowd. there are way too many asians at Exit and Twilo and i can understand the doorperson.. even though i think he could;'ve been more polite. if there were too many blacks or arabs, the doorperson would've turn blacks and arabs away too. my point is that the doorperson insn't necessarily a racist but he was only trying to maintain a good crowd ratio. besides if you go to exit before like 12:30 pretty much anyone can get in.. i think thats why there are so many asians at exit. how many asians do you see at top clubs like spa and au bar?

someday we asians will control Exit.. just wait.

Originally posted by robocock:

i think souvlaki is one dumb greek meathead but i do agree with him here.. it doesn't have to do with the race, it has to do with balancing the crowd. asians make up only 2% of us population but they make up about 20% at Exit. thats not right.

asian folks, we like you, you are smart and hard working people, just stick with your own kind on weekend nites...under the system, we HAVE TO work or goto school with you, don't make us party with you.

Honestly, I have to say...I don't give a fuck how many there are of asians, juiceheads, blacks, whites, guys, girls or any other group in a club. I have never once set foot in a club and said "there are too many___________ in here."

I don't see why it's an issue. The only refusal I can see is based on appearance, and by that I mean, what you're wearing, not your weight, height or shoe size.

I don't care if you're green and glow in the dark, as long as you don't look like you just rolled out of bed, I'll be happy to share a club with you. I don't know why everyone is so concerned with what people are... I could be in a club with my friends and nothing but asians or guys or juiceheads, etc...and not give a fuck! If you don't like the crowd then stick with your little group, no one is making you associate with anyone you don't want to!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

Profiling at any club is absurd. A nightclub is suppose to create an atmosphere were people can socialize. Casting people aside, because of the need to keep some absurd ratio is ridiculous. As clubbers we should be making a stand; saying we will not support any club that discriminates. What frightens me when I read some of these posts; is how much hatred and insecurities people have … The world can be a beautiful place; if you just open your heart and mind … Just my $0.02….

Peace,

Sobeton

[This message has been edited by sobeton (edited 01-12-2001).]

Originally posted by kayboy:

just because he's not a regular on this message board doesn't exclude him from participating fully, besides, haven't you ever heard of the silent majority???

plus, not everyone sits idle and posts stupid, moronic messages for every comment or topic...

K.

my bad, this message was inteded for KESHIKI AND RISA (see below!!!)

Originally posted by keshiki:

Originally posted by risa06:

to me...this person is here for drama (look at the screen name and # of posts)......sorry if what I think matters to you that much............there were alot of asians at Exit that night......and everyone of them looked like they were having a great time..........

peace..............

Risa, you are totally right about this person just wanting to start drama....the screename and number of posts tells that this person is definitely an IMPOSTER....

------------------

"Do androids dream of electric sheep?" - Philip K. Dick

I was standing in line that night and it took me an hour for me to move 10 feet in that line. They were holding everybody back and yes a lot of people of all types were being rejected. The doorman was saying "We're being very selective tonight come back next week" 'cause apparently they had a bunch of COPS inside. It was not a racial thing. I was afraid I was going to get turned away too but luckily I made it in. And yes, there were Asians inside.

RELAX people, Exit is also under Guliani scrutiny so they have to play it safe on certain nights. Do you think that David Marvisi wants to lose 3/4's of the night's income intentionally??? NOPE--they're just trying to protect their 15 million dollars investment in that place and not end up going through the hassles that Tunnel went through and Twilo finds itself now.

To all the Asian bashers, this thread was first started to bring light to an issue that all asians were aware of way before this past weekend, its not a forum for all of you to post your racist and closed minded responses. To tell you the truth i wouldnt go to Exit anymore if my Asian friends couldnt get in their anymore...my friends arent druggies, most of them dont even roll, maybe once every six weeks. In my opinion they are the real clubgoerspartyseekers, they are always down for anything. Next time your in Exit venture over to the Asian side and try to chill with the Asian kids youll be surprised how chill and friendly they are..Exit would not be the same with out them...id rather have them there than all the drugged out white kids who beg them for a light show every hour on the hour

------------------

I keep tellin Drugs I don't want them..but they don't listen

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

actually it's bad to compare Colonia to trash...trash actually gets respect...it gets recycled...

hey GO TELL THE GUY AT THE DOOR THAT HES A PIECE OF TRASH CUZ HES THE ONE THATS NOT LETTING THE ASIANS IN..NOT SO BRAVE TO DO THAT HUH....SEE IM JUST HELPING U SEE WHAT WHITE PEEPZ THINK WHEN THEY TURN MINORITIES DOWN

------------------

CO-CO-COLONIA

ne ide sve na misice ponekad je potrebno i MALO vise da OSVOJIS me