Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stereo Receivers and Surround Sound Speakers

Dude I have a kick ass set up in my crib. Everything Sony. You have to get a reciever with at least 400 watts, 100 per channel, and if you are ging to get DVD's, 5.1 is a must. The Klips are awesome especially if they are THX certified. I choose to go with Sony because there a more sound fields than the Yamaha, I had a Yamaha about a year ago, and you alter the amount of mid range, bass, treble, etc... to each speaker. Yamaha's tend to be a bit underpowered and if you want a 400 - 500 watt reciever from them it will run you approx $500 and up. You can get a great Sony reciever with all of the above for like $300 - $350. You have to get 5 speakers and a subwoofer. As far as the fron left and right go, you want some nice speakers cause those little cube speakers do good for movies, but suck for music. Center channel can vary and the rears should handle approx, 120watts. Subwoofer is up to you. I have AR's in the rear. Hope I can help.

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

11.gif

-Ricfutures

From my own experience it doesn't ruin the dvd player or the cd....It just won't play any of my copied cd's.

It's my roomates dvd player (i think it's an RCA) by no means is it top of the line but I've heard the same thing from other people with diff. brands.

------------------

"Video games don't affect kids.....I mean, if Pac Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music."