Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Re: the "coke" thread

I'm not an anti-drug activist but hear me out on this one.

I read a post about "girls and coke" yesterday and this is my take on the situation...the quote read as follows:

"I don't get it anymore...in the past year coming close to two...I've been friends with and gone out with some girls who do coke all the time...and they say the same thing...because its good and "oh I can handle it, I don't have a problem..." but yet they're destroying themselves with that shit and destroying their relationships with friends and the ones who care about them...They don't see it when you get addicted you dont care about anything or anyone...its only you and coke."

I've done my fair share of krak so before i get flamed with all the "oh you don't know how good it is" crap ..i'm making that known.

I think it's hypocritical to say the least...how can you post something about how shady, damaging, and terrible cocaine consumption can be when I've seen people act the same EXACT way over E and K. I've seen just as much shade and just as many people running around like a rat in a maze trying to get their hands on E and K. How it's all about pills and blue label/ yellow label.. christ..even pink label......What hits are good..these are smacky .these are speedy..these are "pure"..sorry kiddies..NOTHING is pure unless you buy it at the drug store. And so many weekend krakheads that say.."I can handle it..acting like E is the greatest thing since Wonder Bread" Drugs are Drugs ...let's not be hypocrites.....

"I don't get it anymore...in the past year coming close to two...I've been friends with and gone out with some girls who do Ecstasy all the time...and they say the same thing...because its good and "oh I can handle it, I don't have a problem..." but yet they're destroying themselves with that shit and destroying their relationships with friends and the ones who care about them...They don't see it when you get addicted you dont care about anything or anyone...its only you and Ecstasy."

See.. same script different cast

own the straw whitney

pop those pills deborah

jsc

"

Originally posted by saintjsc:

"not quite true because coke is seriously addictive and can ruin people's personalities totally..I have never seen this happen with E because E is not addictive...I am not saying the same for K though."

Actually... Cocaine does a number on the neurotransmitter dopamine... it empties out your supply of dopamine... which your brain can replenish in a few hours....after a few hours goes by you will crave more if you are a habitual user.

MDMA does a number on the neurotransmitter seratonin....it empties out your supply of seratonin...which your brain can replenish fully in approximately 2 WEEKS... after which you will crave more.and crave more often if u are a habitual user.

This is FACT not fiction.. I know my chemistry quite well. Both are addictive...K included.. .and all have the potential to be both physically and mentally addictive... don't believe me ask any doctor...what are they gonna be wrong? Are they too straight laced for you.. where the hell is your PhD? I've studied this, even done research projects on it in college..have u?..

I'm sick of people defending their drug as the "OK, safe, or NON addictive" drug. All have potential for addiction...and all cause damage to the brain...... if e didn't cause damage then why the hell do so many of u post about how depressed you are.. think about that on your suicide tuesday. That's NOT ruining personalities??? oh please. I'm not defending any single drug at all. It's just pathetic when someone tries to knock another to defend their own.

MDMA is not psychically addictive, mentally yes.

------------------

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you've created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Originally posted by raversgetready:

No not physically addictive like heroin persay but mentally yes. Chronic use can damage seratonin receptors..that's physical brain damage.

You GOT my point hopefully.. no need to rip into everything i said... because if you are going to do that just do me a favor ..sniff some K and play in traffic shouting "PLUR PLUR PLUR"

What the hell kind of acronym is that anyway?!?

done.

jsc

No not physically addictive like heroin persay but mentally yes. Chronic use can damage seratonin receptors..that's physical brain damage.

But these receptors do grow back. Granted however we do not know the consequences of this action. Show me long term studies that were not done on poly-drug users that verify your claims.

------------------

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you've created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

[This message has been edited by raversgetready (edited 01-16-2001).]

But these receptors do grow back. Granted however we do not know the consequences of this action and.

true we don't know all the long term consequences..but these are brain cells..they don't grow back..what are we planting seeds smile.gif

cwm28.gifcwm28.gif

stop the f------ drama !!!!! do what you want if you don't like it don't hang out with me!!!!!! c ya bye!!!!!! cwm30.gif

------------------

"TIME HAS COME, WE HAVE TO SET OUR OWN MARK"---Tony Montana

WANNA HANG? COME SEE ME AT THE FACTORY EVERY SAT NIGHT ON THE STAIRS!

/>http://communities.msn.com/ChrisMichaelNYC&naventryid=100

Saint,

Your general point is well taken. All drugs, even alchohol, pot, hell.. even cafeine are drugs. And so far all drugs have consequences.

But they do have different consequences. However, most of the people running around blindly assuming that their drug is okay have no real idea exactly how their drug is better or worse. They are just being stupid and if what they are doing is better than coke its often by luck.

However, if you are in the know then knowing how differnt drugs act and your own responses to them can really make a huge difference in terms of you being able to use recreational drugs and still have a good, happy and healthy life.

For starters, everybody should always talk to their doctor - and if he is not smart or cool enough get a new one. I said to mine " I am going to be doing this. Nothing you can say or do will stop me. So help me take the least evil path".

Mine was very well versed in biochemistry and had also worked as a psychiatrist before so he knew his shit.

Wisdom that he shared with me are things like the fact that a night of coke is not nearly as bad as E - generally speaking. However, most people are quickly and more ferociouslty addicted to coke. So that one night could see you taking way more coke than a proportional amont of E - therefore bad. And also Coke is way more physically addictive and functional. You can go to work on Coke so its easier to slide into a really destructive pattern.

On the other hand he said there are a fair numberof peple who are fairly resilient to coke's addictive effects. He said if you are one of those - and only your friends can objectively tell youif you really are in control - then coke is relatively speaking a great drug.

Other things include doing way more speed than E on a regular basis. E should be reserved for big events - speed for your regular events. The whole 2 weeks without seratonin was a big deal to him. He also said E wasn't very phsically addictive BUT the club lifestyle and its effects can make it hugely psychologically addictive.

Anyways, I'm not saying that all these things he said are right. Only that in time, if you want to do drugs and party, you really should approach them scientifically as you get older in order to minmize their negative effects. Knowing which drugs to take when and where - what combinations are good and how to eat a diet that minmizes the bad effects of your particular poison can make a world of difference in the long run.

Anyways, sorry for the ramblings but I just wanted to share my experiences.

Originally posted by Rad_Z:

Keshiki:

i wanna know why you would just post

"LOL" after his message, like your laffing at what saint feels strongly about and states his own opinion? Obviously he is kinda right and knows what he is talking about.

Rad_

because he is annoying and just wants to start drama on a CLUB board.

first off...thanx rad for acknowledging that it was my opinion......nothing more nothing less..take it for what it is..i wouldn't post it if i didn't do my homework

as for keshiki

girl what's your problem? Don't you see that you're the one creating senseless drama..with your "lol lol lol and drama drama drama yada yada yada fart fart fart bitch bitch bitch waste waste waste of of of time time time" answers.

What i say holds true.. I only post when i really see a need to do so.... been a member for 2 years and im only new school......who pissed in your cheerios?

oooooooooooh well.

jsc cwm9.gif

Originally posted by mrdick:

Saint,

Your general point is well taken. All drugs, even alchohol, pot, hell.. even cafeine are drugs. And so far all drugs have consequences.

But they do have different consequences. However, most of the people running around blindly assuming that their drug is okay have no real idea exactly how their drug is better or worse. They are just being stupid and if what they are doing is better than coke its often by luck.

However, if you are in the know then knowing how differnt drugs act and your own responses to them can really make a huge difference in terms of you being able to use recreational drugs and still have a good, happy and healthy life.

For starters, everybody should always talk to their doctor - and if he is not smart or cool enough get a new one. I said to mine " I am going to be doing this. Nothing you can say or do will stop me. So help me take the least evil path".

Mine was very well versed in biochemistry and had also worked as a psychiatrist before so he knew his shit.

Wisdom that he shared with me are things like the fact that a night of coke is not nearly as bad as E - generally speaking. However, most people are quickly and more ferociouslty addicted to coke. So that one night could see you taking way more coke than a proportional amont of E - therefore bad. And also Coke is way more physically addictive and functional. You can go to work on Coke so its easier to slide into a really destructive pattern.

On the other hand he said there are a fair numberof peple who are fairly resilient to coke's addictive effects. He said if you are one of those - and only your friends can objectively tell youif you really are in control - then coke is relatively speaking a great drug.

Other things include doing way more speed than E on a regular basis. E should be reserved for big events - speed for your regular events. The whole 2 weeks without seratonin was a big deal to him. He also said E wasn't very phsically addictive BUT the club lifestyle and its effects can make it hugely psychologically addictive.

Anyways, I'm not saying that all these things he said are right. Only that in time, if you want to do drugs and party, you really should approach them scientifically as you get older in order to minmize their negative effects. Knowing which drugs to take when and where - what combinations are good and how to eat a diet that minmizes the bad effects of your particular poison can make a world of difference in the long run.

Anyways, sorry for the ramblings but I just wanted to share my experiences.

I was TOTALLY feeling this post, until you said 'speed for your regular events'. Speed is a fucked up dirty drug. If you take it regularly it's a very, very bad drug. Speed is ok every now and again.. but if you take it often it's not good. But it's true to say in moderation coke IS better for you than E... if you can handle it.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

I can STILL resist ANYTHING but temptation.

bsb2.GIF

Here's the thing, everyone is defending E over Coke, they are both bad for you and even though E is not addicting it is still very damaging to your body.

We just have to face the facts,

"WE ARE THE GUINEE PIGS" nobody really knows what the hell the side effects are, it hasn't been around long enough.

Originally posted by unbelievable:

Here's the thing, everyone is defending E over Coke, they are both bad for you and even though E is not addicting it is still very damaging to your body.

We just have to face the facts,

"WE ARE THE GUINEE PIGS" nobody really knows what the hell the side effects are, it hasn't been around long enough.

These were exactly my words (well different wording but the same statement wink.gif). We'll see what the future brings and what kind of side effects will be discovered at some point (and I'm pretty sure they will be)... hey, everyone needs to make their own decisions...still "a drug is a drug"

------------------

an1701.gif

Basics - as I said I don't proclaim the gospel. And the Doctor was alking about clean, pure speed which does exist because it is made by pharmaceutical companies for medical purposes. I was not talking about crystal or otherstuff which is a different story. Stillmaybe not horrible - don't know about that. I've taken crystal before but I don't know the pharmaceutical stuff about it.

Truck Drives take unbelievable amounts of speed on a regularbasis. And , no, its not good for them. But they do survive so if you take only a portion of hat amount, which is still a fair bit, you are probably more OK than other drugs.

But I do get pretty pure speed - don't ask me how I know but I do in fact know.

But the point is for everyone to do some homework b4 they ingest. I mean sure - in the early 20's everybody is just gonna go nuts and hope to survive. That just happens. But as you get older, if you want to keep partying hardcore but in moderation it pays to know.

Flying Hgh - as usual you are a voice of reason. At the end of the day, there is still a lot of mystery about long-term effects of all drugs esp. E. However, where I disagree is that my point is exactly that "A drug is not a drug", There are big differences and even if we don't know for sure following the existing science is a lot better guess than just going blind.

Originally posted by mrdick:

Flying Hgh - as usual you are a voice of reason. At the end of the day, there is still a lot of mystery about long-term effects of all drugs esp. E. However, where I disagree is that my point is exactly that "A drug is not a drug", There are big differences and even if we don't know for sure following the existing science is a lot better guess than just going blind.

...as always Mr. Dick...what can I say wink.gif Still my statement "a drug is a drug" was rather referred to the fight about which drug is better than the other one. I don't think one should pretend one drug is sooo much better than the other. People react differently to different drugs...still the danger to get caught up in the addiction and self-destruction of our bodies is present with any drug (hey, for me even caffeine leaves his withdrawal effects)...so everyone has to make their own choices.

------------------

an1701.gif

Flying_High,

Definitely agree with the point that just because one drug is generally easier on us or less addictive does not mean it won't be particularly brutal on a specific person. Definitely something to keep in mind.

And your warning is well taken that no matter how scientifically we approach things or how in control we think we are or in fact be we are still playing with fire. As sson as you let your guard down you can get burned smile.gif

Just try to think back to when you were a kid and didn't need drugs to have fun. There's no real reason to need drugs now that you're older. Try to remember all of the other fun things that the world has to offer.

Believe me, I have been heavily wrapped up in drugs and it became my world. After a while, I realized that all of my conversations with friends revolved around drugs. All of my social plans depended on obtaining drugs. Whenever I met a new person, I needed to know if they were into drugs. I became pretty disgusted with myself. Sometimes, you need to take a step back and figure out how you got tangled up in all this in the first place.

I don't regret having done drugs. I think that they have provided me with a valuable perspective on life. And I will probably do drugs again. But I refuse to depend on them anymore.

Peace,

David Christopher www.headrushmusic.com

"not quite true because coke is seriously addictive and can ruin people's personalities totally..I have never seen this happen with E because E is not addictive...I am not saying the same for K though."

Actually... Cocaine does a number on the neurotransmitter dopamine... it empties out your supply of dopamine... which your brain can replenish in a few hours....after a few hours goes by you will crave more if you are a habitual user.

MDMA does a number on the neurotransmitter seratonin....it empties out your supply of seratonin...which your brain can replenish fully in approximately 2 WEEKS... after which you will crave more.and crave more often if u are a habitual user.

This is FACT not fiction.. I know my chemistry quite well. Both are addictive...K included.. .and all have the potential to be both physically and mentally addictive... don't believe me ask any doctor...what are they gonna be wrong? Are they too straight laced for you.. where the hell is your PhD? I've studied this, even done research projects on it in college..have u?..

I'm sick of people defending their drug as the "OK, safe, or NON addictive" drug. All have potential for addiction...and all cause damage to the brain...... if e didn't cause damage then why the hell do so many of u post about how depressed you are.. think about that on your suicide tuesday. That's NOT ruining personalities??? oh please. I'm not defending any single drug at all. It's just pathetic when someone tries to knock another to defend their own.

drugs are drugs, basically. whether it be coke, e, or k. i think that many people do let it take over their lives without even realizing it. moderation is key, but really, what is moderation? people say that you should give yourself at least 2 weeks between each pill so that your seratonin levels will be up again-- is that moderation??

i just wanted to add onto one of your points:

saint, you said that:

I've seen just as much shade and just as many people running around like a rat in a maze trying to get their hands on E and K. How it's all about pills and blue label/ yellow label.. christ..even pink label......What hits are good..these are smacky .these are speedy..these are "pure"..sorry kiddies..NOTHING is pure unless you buy it at the drug store.

i agree 100%, but i think that the internet has been able to inform us better about which pills are mdma and which aren't. granted, none of us know for sure what's in E, but at least we have testers now, and people with testers posting their results on line. agree? so even though people are just searching for the best pill, it actually helps to see the pill reports.

remember the green clovers? everyone knew to avoid those. i've posted numerous times about yellow CKs, and i hope that i've made others aware of the potency of this pill.

ok i went off on a tangent, but i wanted to throw this out there.

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

kitty_cat.gif

LOL...