Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF IS WITH NYC BARTENDERS?

Okay I am completely baffled anymore. I cant fathom how someone can make it as a NYC bartender and not even know how to make half of the drinks out there.

How is it that these people can get positions in some really impressive bars or clubs and NOT KNOW whats in a friggen RED DEVIL???

I cant tell you how many times I have gone up and asked for one and get a bartender standing there with a blank face and asking "A red devil? Whats that? Whats in it? Ill make it if you tell me"

OMFG it drives me nuts. I try to only drink red devils in the City. Never in Jersey. Its what I look forward to and half the time I cant even get one. I just cant get how one can get a position in one of the largest Cities with the finest bars and restaurants and NOT know how to make some of the most common drinks...

Baffles me....truely baffles me.... cwm13.gif

------------------

tigger.gif

"The imaginary friends I had as a kid dropped me because their friends thought I didn't exist." - Aaron Machado

AOL = MadamKittE

Yeah, really. I mean, all I want when I hit Twilo is a Smiley Face pill..... so I ask the undercover cop if he's confiscated any and wants to make a quick buck. Boy, do they ever get mad when I do that! cwm4.gif

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Originally posted by vejita:

Yeah, really. I mean, all I want when I hit Twilo is a Smiley Face pill..... so I ask the undercover cop if he's confiscated any and wants to make a quick buck. Boy, do they ever get mad when I do that! cwm4.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder why????

cwm32.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

same shit happend to me at the bar in fridays by penn station. no one knew how to make a screaming orgasm (no pun intended, i like the drink verson of this 'shot') and no one knew how to make it.. i get it all the time.. same with my friend mike and his purple motherfukkas...

~LiPz~

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gifhttp://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Hey I dont think a reddevil is a fru fru drink. Even if it is Im a girl..Im allowed to have fruity drinks...lolol

This is just my favorite drink. Its nice to come in and get a nice alcoholic drink other then beer and blakhaus. Just wish more would learn it. I think Im going to start carrying around a lil drink card with the recipe! hehe

------------------

tigger.gif

"The imaginary friends I had as a kid dropped me because their friends thought I didn't exist." - Aaron Machado

AOL = MadamKittE

Espcially the ones in Sound Factory...there is few occasions that im there before 4 00 am...on night we should up at 3 30 am. I just wanted a bud lite..due do the fact my mouth was XXXX-tremely dry. It took one bartender to serve 4 drinks to one guy...10 minutes!!! SLow ass...take a pill an move!!! Needless to say he turned around to everyone and said"Sorry i can't serve anymore" There was over 5 different people waiting.

-Susie cwm21.gif

Originally posted by misskittie:

Okay I am completely baffled anymore. I cant fathom how someone can make it as a NYC bartender and not even know how to make half of the drinks out there.

How is it that these people can get positions in some really impressive bars or clubs and NOT KNOW whats in a friggen RED DEVIL???

I cant tell you how many times I have gone up and asked for one and get a bartender standing there with a blank face and asking "A red devil? Whats that? Whats in it? Ill make it if you tell me"

OMFG it drives me nuts. I try to only drink red devils in the City. Never in Jersey. Its what I look forward to and half the time I cant even get one. I just cant get how one can get a position in one of the largest Cities with the finest bars and restaurants and NOT know how to make some of the most common drinks...

Kittie---That's a bad stereotype!! I bartended in the city for a while and made a mean Red Devil!!!!!!!!

------------------

Fatboy Slim is Fucking in Heaven!

Originally posted by funkysoulbro:

Kittie---That's a bad stereotype!! I bartended in the city for a while and made a mean Red Devil!!!!!!!!

Im not trying to stereotype. My apologies if it came off that way. All Im saying s many places I go to in the City dont know what the ingredients are and its quite frustrating at times. I refuse to tell them the ingredients because they probably still cant make it good. Oh well

So uhh, u plan on comin over tonight and makin me one...2 cherries in it please.....Thank you ...Ill even tip ya!~

------------------

tigger.gif

AOL = MadamKittE

Originally posted by vejita:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...thats god damn funny!!!!

------------------

i know what i want, but it took me a long time to figure it out

understandable complaint as a red devil is pretty common, however, there are soooo many drinks out there, sometimes you just can't remember them all...course if the bartender is a little f@#$ed up to begin with, well then its hopeless!!! Just in case you wanted to ever tell her/him whats in it...

half shot Banana Liqueur

half shot Sloe gin

half shot Southern Comfort

half shot Triple sec

half shot Vodka

splash Lime juice

Orange juice

------------------

i know what i want, but it took me a long time to figure it out

Originally posted by funkysoulbro:

kittie, just tell me when you need one, i need to pick up some sloe gin though, i'm fresh out!!

What's my tip??????

I need one like YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! HEHE

Oh you'll egt a tip alright....ummm hmm anything in mind you'd like...(NOTHING sexual...Im loosing the flirty characteristic that I seem to have) lol

------------------

tigger.gif

AOL = MadamKittE

Whats the big deal if the bartender doesnt know the drink there are so many out there and everyone has different names for the same type a drink.Besides ive noticed that people that complain about stuff like this are bad tippers----so holla if ya hear me all u bartender/restaurant peeps.

I need one like YESTERDAY!!!!!!!! HEHE

Oh you'll egt a tip alright....ummm hmm anything in mind you'd like...(NOTHING sexual...Im loosing the flirty characteristic that I seem to have) lol

That's cool, we can work something else out!!! Ever try a mind eraser?? Made correctly, there is nothing like them!!

------------------

Fatboy Slim is Fucking in Heaven!

Originally posted by xxallottaxx:

Espcially the ones in Sound Factory...there is few occasions that im there before 4 00 am...on night we should up at 3 30 am. I just wanted a bud lite..due do the fact my mouth was XXXX-tremely dry. It took one bartender to serve 4 drinks to one guy...10 minutes!!! SLow ass...take a pill an move!!! Needless to say he turned around to everyone and said"Sorry i can't serve anymore" There was over 5 different people waiting.

-Susie cwm21.gif

sue same exact thing happend to me at sf this past sat.. silly lil cunt served EVEY SINGLE guy at the bar, and gave the guy right b4 me a beer, then i asked for a 7&7 and she said "sorry i can't serve anymore more alch" and i had been waiting for like 10 mins atleast.. and they wonder why i only give a dollar tip...

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gifhttp://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

Okat to SUTTOGAME - Its a big deal to me that they dotn know how to make them. Especially when you *so* look forward to getting one upon arriving in the City. Sorry if you dont understand how it feels. And as for tipping, I know how to tip. Im not like some people who dont leave anything thankyouverymuch!

Funky....Mind eraser I have had many and they DO exactly what their name impies...wHoA~

------------------

tigger.gif

AOL = MadamKittE

Hey MissKittie I know exactly what the hell you mean! This always happens to me. Whenever I go out in the city and drink they never know how to make whatever I want.

And the worst part is, that even if they do look it up, it never tastes right anyway. It usually tastes like the worst drink you've ever had. If I'm gonna be paying $6-7 for one friggin drink, it better be a DAMN good one, with all the top shelf liquors. Pisses me off too!

I can kind of relate to your problem finding Red Devils. I would die a happy man if I was able to find a bartender in a club here that knew how to make a mojito. The only place I can get them is in Latin restaurants. I guess because it's kind of time consuming but it would still be a nice perk. It's by far the best god damn drink in the world.

Originally posted by sutogame:

Whats the big deal if the bartender doesnt know the drink there are so many out there and everyone has different names for the same type a drink.Besides ive noticed that people that complain about stuff like this are bad tippers----so holla if ya hear me all u bartender/restaurant peeps.

i hear ya!

i work as a cocktail waitress at a nightclub . . . it's in MA though, and people up there have different names for so many drinks . . .

and you think, if you're getting waitress service, and you want a bunch of shots, go to the bar it's such a time waster - who drinks shots sitting at a booth wink.gif . . . these people order these ridiculous shots, and our bartenders are always like we don't stock such-and-such-an-alcohol - shit i've never heard of or 'WTF is THAT'?. . . why can't you just order something simple??

waiting for a bartender to make a bunch of different mixed shots KILLS me . . . then the people have waited for forever b/c THEY ordered something difficult to make and i get tipped shitty, like it's MY fault . . . right. then i get screwed at other tables because people get up and get their own drinks, tipping the bartender and not me, but they're wasting space in MY section. rrrrrr.

sorry, had to vent biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox