Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AMAZURA BALLROOM rave did any1 go?????????

i went to that rave last night. how was the crowd?..how do you think? it s a rave. a bunch of under aged kids doing lots of drugs. the trance djs were alright, but get that crappy scratching detroit shit out of here...this is ny! had to leave after hearing assault. nostrum was fuckin sick. candy ravers..ha

NOSTRUM NEEDS RESIDENCY AT TWILO! DJ ASSAULT was AWFUL! He ruined the whole lineup. Check the twilo board for more of in depth muzik review.

The crowd was very young & generic. They all looked the same Ufo's, visors, bandana's, very colorful outfits, big hoops, pacifers. Some girls were wearing tiara's, ballerina skirts, wings, bunny ears. It looked like a contest who can pile on the most colorful bracelets & chunk bead bracelets. The party was lackin energy & vibe. I think i'll stick to twilo from now on.

------------------

Trancessed!- Me

hey everyone ..

i went to the rave last nite and dj assault sucked with his ugly bootie dancers...that was horrible it like ruined the whole thing. and nostrum was off the hook. I really liked his set. i also like that donald guy i cant remeber his last name. He knew how to work the crowd he was pretty good. It was the typical kids there but I saw a lot of ppl I knew so i didnt think the vibe was that bad. I enjoyed it.

laterzzz

------------------

The club is jumpin jumpin.....

Donald Glaude. He was aight. Spinnin disco house. He was spinnin tracks a DJ would spin at 2 to build it up but it was 4 and we were beyond that. This guy had a lotta spunk & enthusiasm. & Paul Johnson the last guy was aight. DJ ASSAULT'S SET/TRASHY BOOTY SHOW WAS HORRENDOUS! NOSTRUM STOLE THE SHOW...I WISH HE SPUN ALL NIGHT! smile.gif

------------------

Trancessed!- Me

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

It looked like a contest who can pile on the most colorful bracelets & chunk bead bracelets. The party was lackin energy & vibe. I think i'll stick to twilo from now on.

So what if that's how people want to dress. Is it supposed to be a fashion show ? Is it supposed to be a contest? If this is how they want to dress, let them they aren't hurting anyone. Big deal is they all look generic. I Have A Dream was a rave, what do you see when you attend most raves? Alot of people wearing similar outfits. Do you think most of them care that someone else is wearing the same outfit. You say the party was lacking energy and vibe, does Twilo have this so called energy and vibe? The worst rave I have ever been too is better then any club in the city.

------------------

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you've created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

The vibe was a little shady (lots 'o BTS) and security was a pain. Other than that I think that it was a really good party. Oh yeah, that wasn't Paul Johnson spinning at the end. He never showed up, neither did Terry Mullen or Frankie Bones. Assault scratched too much and breaks isn't exactly my favorite sub-genre, but you gotta admit, Godfather was pretty good...he was from Detroit too. You couldn't get up to the Jungle Room when Technical Itch spun, and it was crowded up there too. OK, I'm just stating like the downside of the party. But it really was good. I saw a lot of people who I haven't seen in awhile. The DJ's were off the hook (the ones that showed). Only saw a few people getting beaten up. The security at the door was really nice (at least for the girl's side...or they were nice to me). It was definately worth the drive down from Rochester I think (yup, we left the house at 11 AM, got to the venue at at around 8 PM...didn't take that long in driving, but it was a long trip). I think they should have gotten a larger venue for the crowd they had, I think they had a similar problem last year from what I heard.

Alex

Hmmm kiddies, let me see I have seen lawyers, doctors, executives, people in there 40's, and all sorts of people at raves. Yes there are kiddies but we were all kids once, and they have a right to be there if they want to listen to the music. Just like you do.

------------------

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

ketamine.jpg

i have been going to raves since about 92 and i loved them. shit i still go once and a while when my friends spin and still have a blast. i don't care what kinda peopel are there everyone is thewre to have a good time and thats all that matters. to many peopel care about such pettey shit. just have fun!!!

------------------

wherespicolo.jpg

IM LIKE JIMMY WALKER, DYNAMITE!!!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by raversgetready:

The worst rave I have ever been too is better then any club in the city.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

what a joke. have you ever even been there? No RAVE I ever went to had as much energy at 11 am as twilo in july for pvd.

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

TRUE! OR Sasha @ 10 am, June 30th Communicate party. Regarding raves I really didn't care bout the crowd.... I just went for the lineup. I have nothin against ravers..I just felt both parties I went to lacked a vibe & energy. Mabye raves are good for U but I have clubbed outside the US & raves just don't cut it.

------------------

Trancessed!- Me