Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston Scene vs. NYC? Anybody there?

wow, you guys certainly know your stuff and have been super helpful. I think i've managed to solve some of the problem. One: I'm going to check out all the clubs you all mentioned, and Two: my friend's buying a car. PROBLEM SOLVED. cwm41.gif I'll be back in New York and meeting up with all you guys in no time flat.

Bye the way, all this coincidental name crap is getting really confusing. It's like playing "I know, do you know" with two different sets of people! Weird.

Thanks again, everybody! Keep in touch! cwm30.gifcwm30.gifcwm30.gifcwm30.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by visions:

Whutup girl, I went to high school in boston, my parents live in Cambridge and I go to Boston all the time, you can actually apreciate the beauty of the city after living in queens for 6 years.

Anyway granted the 2 am thing SUCKS BAD! but boston is off the hook! Avalon friday nights is bangin! and Roxy sat is hot! you put either of those clubs in NY they would be two of the hottest clubs in the city. And because there is such a big college crowd, there is usually mad after hours which sometimes can be more fun and more personal than sittin at factory till 11 in tha mornin. I got mad boys too that travel to the city all the time. Well good luck girl, also paradise which is a fat club is startin to come back on fridays. Oh also Pravda is a real phat super trendy bar, lounge, club kinda spot. Hope all this helped.

You are right about all those places but the 2 am thing just gets me....granted I have been in NYC for most of my true going-out phase and I only experience the Boston nightlife when I go home for weekends so I never really get to check out the afterhours. I'd like to try it out sometime though.

Originally posted by holdencaulfld:

BRANDIE...i'm sorry but those two don't own avalon...all of lansdowne street including avalon and axis is owned by the lyons group..they also own the paradise and a good amount of other bars and clubs throughout boston

Millions

he is right and the Lyons group consists of two brother whom my best friend's college roommate works for so I know this is a fact.

Living in Boston and knowing Mr.Caufield and having worked for Lansdowne st. NYC and the Boston club scene are not even close!!! When the night is just getting good it ends and many have to resort to going to weak after hours or going home!! Boston does have good world reknown dj's every now and then but the 2am curfew sucks!!!! People in NYC don't start getting ready until later in the night than in Boston it's ridiculous but that's the reality!! In NYC you have more time on your side and the scenes are a little different!! SF, Limelight, Exit, World,Twilo, Webster's Hall, Roxy are just some of the venues you could check out and add to the variety you have in the city to pretty much two major clubs in Boston in Avalon and Roxy!! Venu is good too but is not huge it's actually small!! When Boston extends their curfew hours longer then and maybe then can we compare the two club scenes!! For now NYC is in a league of it's own!!! If you like the long clubnights then don't come to Boston for as a New Yorker you will be disappointed!! The only after hours in Boston is club Rise and to go there you have to either know some one there (which I do)or know a member in order to get in!! It open until the max 7 or 8am so your best bet is to stay in NYC for NYC is the COMPLETE club scene!!!

smile.gif well then maybe my bosses are desperate to have another club name under their belt . . . i mean thats what they told us, thats what was written up in the newspapers when we first opened, etc . . .

so perhaps they put some money into it or whatever . . . but thats what i was told smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

I thought the Lyons club were the promotion team who were doing the parties in all the clubs on Lansdowne street and the owners were other people... Isn't it that way?

I moved to Boston from NYC 6 months ago (I had too frown.gif -becuz of work, money and green card) and I must say that the nightlife sucks! Boston is a pretty town with plenty of museum, theatre. It has the best universities but after 2am everybody is in bed.

Also the Lyon club (whatever they are, owners or promoters) have almost a monopoly on the night life, so they make come the most popular djs and don't leave any room to the underground to develop.

There's a few afterhours (close at 6am! cwm25.gif ) but they suck or are membership only.

You have to do home parties which is also tough because Boston is full of students and students make a lots of noise but complain when YOU make some noise (I hate students)

Be thankfull of NYC with the cops raiding the clubs once in a while, the cabaret law etc... because it could be worse: like Boston! (also I think Boston is better than Upstate NY...)

Plur,

Joël S.

JOELS...

nah, lyons group is three brothers...they are all in the forties or so and loaded like you wouldn't believe...all of landsdowne street is theres plus they own paradise plus a lot of other bars, clubs and restaurants in town...plus they don't give half a fuck about the club scene...only that they are making money...

there are two reason landsdowne gets the best dj's....number one and most of all - MONEY...club nights on landsdowne have more money to bring in big dj's because of the lyons group...number two...avalon and axis are big clubs and if you are a big dj you would rather play a big club than a little ass venue...

Millions

JOELS...

nah, lyons group is three brothers...they are all in the forties or so and loaded like you wouldn't believe...all of landsdowne street is theres plus they own paradise plus a lot of other bars, clubs and restaurants in town...plus they don't give half a fuck about the club scene...only that they are making money...

there are two reason landsdowne gets the best dj's....number one and most of all - MONEY...club nights on landsdowne have more money to bring in big dj's because of the lyons group...number two...avalon and axis are big clubs and if you are a big dj you would rather play a big club than a little ass venue...

Millions

he is totally right, as I said before, I know a girl who works for these brothers and screws two of them...hahaha...and they are not all in their forties...two are late twenties/early thirties.

Hey there, I used to party around Boston but still know lots of Boston kiddies. I can't believe I'm saying this, but check out the Asylum in Springfield, Ma. They used to throw decent parties and bring in really big names. After awhile they got weak but I believe True Productions either bought the venue or just throw all the parties there. Coming up this month on the 27th they're throwing a fetish party (oh baby!)...$25 advance, $28 at the door, $3 off admission if you dress in fetish. All I know is DJ Funk is spinning (and he better show up, he never showed for Cake 2 1/2) and Entropy will be spinning a special 1 hour booty house set before the doors open for all those dressed in fettish. I can't wait, I'll get to see my Boston kiddies who I haven't seen in FO-EVAH!"

visions...

you actually LIKE the roxy??? the club itself is phat yea...but the music EATS IT, the people that go there are all cracked out...it's horrible, roxy is probably the biggest joke in town...avalon is phat but it gets too commercial at times...it's THE big boston club and too many people go there just because it's avalon...

Millions

You would definitely know better than I would, I come through boston like once every 3 months, and I haven't been to roxy in like a year but I definitely had a good time there, and my boys used to go to avalon every week, but not as much anymore for the simple fact that it is gettin played, I know a kid who spun at paradise over x-mas, oppo maybe you know him, my boys are down with all those kids, like oppo and luther and so on. You know justin from arlington, he does some promoting in boston, I'm down with alot of those arlington kids. I wouldn't wanna live there but I definitely like visiting, it's a nice little break from the city sometimes, my parents live right over the bu bridge.

well . . . shameless plug . . . but there's a brand new club that just opened in springfield - Hippodrome -, which is about an hour from you . . . and if you were considering going to hartford, then it's an easy stop - we go from work to hartford all the time . . .

And my bosses own Roxy, Palladium, and Avalon, so go check those out wink.gif

i go to school in MA too . . and if i'm not working, i go home to NY to go out . . .

smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

I agree with Johnny Boy Vanessa, we all miss you. Fuck the Red Sox and the beans and the whatever else they have in that stupid city!!! New Jersey is where it's at!!! No place else has more Maffia bosses and drug rings per square mile than Bergen County!!!

Visions...roxy has become the biggest joke in the city...most people would rather stay home and play board games than go there...that dj you know-is it oppo or Apo? and justin..does he go out with a girl named nikki?

BRANDIE...what do you mean your bosses own roxy, palladium and avalon? who are your bosses?

AS FAR AS BOSTON VS NYC GOES...there is no competition..every time i go to nyc i cry about having to come back to boston...but there is nothing we can do about this 2AM shit until like 2005 cause that's when the big dig will be over...it has something to do with the subway system closing a little after one and it's REALLY old laws...and really hard to change..

Millions

i'm a cocktail waitress at The Hippodrome in Springfield, MA. my bosses own that club, the Atlantis in Florida, Hot Club, Palace, a couple others . . . and Roxy Palladium and Avalon. smile.gif

The club i work at is considered to be the perfection and combination of Palladium and Roxy . . .

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

Originally posted by theorynyc:

Oh dear....dude don't touch the Justin-Nikki situation with a 20' pole. Believe me. LOL...they never went out bro...btw-who are you...i'm sorry just wondering.

Either you don't know what the hell your talkin about or I got the wrong couple, cause justin that I am talkin about went out with his girl for mad long. And who are you and what do you know about boston.

yea BRANDIE....WHO are your bosses? as in what are there names???

VISIONS...i've never met apo but i'm cool with his cousin arthur

THEORY...i don't know either justin or nikki...i have just heard of them...my name's pete and i work for ace and frankie..why...are you up in boston?

Millions

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnit

what do we have to do to get him here?????

frank, roadtrip??

smile.gif

-Rob

Nick Warren is coming to Twilo on March 23rd along with Sander Keinenberg

[This message has been edited by republix (edited 01-17-2001).]

Steven Stein, and Michael Barusso just opened the Hippodrome. smile.gif and i know that there are people who gave additional funding to all of the clubs.

luv,

brandie

------------------

loves2cox@netscape.net

Originally posted by klubbheadsor:

Oh I forgot to mention I do know Matt Olson and Mike Gilman to that fellow who said he knew these guys!!!

I went to high school with those clowns, those kids are my boys!! You chill with them often? Everytime I go to boston I chill with those kids.