Clubplanet Nightlife Community

skiing recommendations?

I'm in MA, and I plan on skiing every single day next week before the work starts piling up again. I'm still pretty new to the area, so does anyone have any good ski area recommendations? The closer to MA the better, but I'd be willing to drive up to 4 or 5 hours for unbeatable slopes... any and all info would be greatly appreciated, thanks! cwm38.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

Originally posted by deanna11:

the east coast sucks for skiing. even east coast Canada doesn't cut it

go to the west coast, or Rocky Mtn. region

i think she's looking for suggestions for places nearby.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Thanks, everyone... right now, I'm trying to decide between Killington and Magic... Killington looks better, but Magic's three hours closer... whatever happens, I'll be out on the slopes by Sunday! cwm32.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

my dick partner just took off to killington leaving me here to work this weekend with my intern .. grrrrr.... i'm going to mt snow for teh x-games at the begining of feb tho..

does anyone know how far killington is from mt. snow ..?

30 min ??? 45 ?

2 hours...3 in bad weather. Okemo is around the mountain, basically, and that takes a little more then 20 minutes in sunshine w/o skiing crowd traffic.

Remember, Joey, you're driving on 2-lane mountain roads for the most part - no interstates running through that area of VT.

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by happykittn:

I'm in MA, and I plan on skiing every single day next week before the work starts piling up again. I'm still pretty new to the area, so does anyone have any good ski area recommendations? The closer to MA the better, but I'd be willing to drive up to 4 or 5 hours for unbeatable slopes... any and all info would be greatly appreciated, thanks! cwm38.gif

Where in MA? Western Mass, you can get to Killington, Bromley, Haystack, Magic, Mad River Glen, Mt. Snow, Stratton, West Mt., Gore, Pico, Okemo, Sugarbush, Stowe...hell, even Whiteface (Lake Placid NY) is only maybe 3 hours. Eastern MA, you can ski all over the place in NH - Temple is just north of the border by Keene, Sunapee is OK, Ragged and Gunstock are not bad if you're in the area, but they are on the small side, Loon, Attitash, and Waterville Valley are lots of fun, southern VT, or go up into the Carrabasset Valley of ME and ski Sugarloaf USA or one of the smaller hills (Shawnee, Sunday River, Saddleback) on your way there. It's not going to be western powder, but packed eastern snow and groomed fake snow.

As for lame skiing in MA, there's Brodie and Butternut out west, and Waaa-waaa-wachusett (if you've heard the commercial, you know what I mean). Is Jiminy still open? that used to be fun from time to time.

CT also has Sundaown and Mohawk, but they are pretty pathetic. Plus I don't think they have all that much snow, with the rain now...

Look 'em up, pretty sure everyone has a website by now.

ichi

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery