Clubplanet Nightlife Community

repairing scratched cd's...

what do you guys do?

does anyone have any remedies?

how about the 'scratch doctor' gizmo? does anyone have it? does it work well?

i've got a stack of potential coasters/rearview mirror hangs that i'd like to keep around, if possible.

thanks.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

I want to know if anyone has had luck repairing a CD that has had some of the silver scratched off. Scratches on the play side can be polished, that's not a problem. But fixing the silver coat... that has me stumped.

------------------

Voted one of the top 3 dj's - Clubplanet Awards 2001

Originally posted by peeps:

what do you guys do?

does anyone have any remedies?

how about the 'scratch doctor' gizmo? does anyone have it? does it work well?

i've got a stack of potential coasters/rearview mirror hangs that i'd like to keep around, if possible.

thanks.

i bought the spin doctor and it doesnt do shit, got one of my cds sounding more worse, it sucks big time. I also need help in fixing scratches, damn i have so many cds, that i cant copy cause it skips for a second.

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by spoonyd:

I want to know if anyone has had luck repairing a CD that has had some of the silver scratched off. Scratches on the play side can be polished, that's not a problem. But fixing the silver coat... that has me stumped.

how do u fix the scratches on the play side help?

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

you can get cream CD polishers that fill in the scratches. You can also use plastic polishing creams not necessarily meant for CD's (there are three step kits you can buy at hardware stores or even car accessory stores). CD's are made from polycarbonate (same stuff as bullet proof glass) so any plastic polishing kit should work.

good luck

------------------

Voted one of the top 3 dj's - Clubplanet Awards 2001

This has worked for me several time.

Use a car wax, such as Turtle wax on the scratches. Let it dry then wipe it off, it isn't a permanent fix but it works while you copy the CD.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

yeh i have that scratch DR. he dont do shit except wear your arm out. spent like 45 minutes buffin one fuckin cd and it still skipped. total joke. the only thing cool about it is that it looks like the ship in star wars that bobafet (sp?) flew. so i guess you can alwats dig out your old action figures and pretend its a space ship.

------------------

house_music.gif

Originally posted by edge420:

yeh i have that scratch DR. he dont do shit except wear your arm out. spent like 45 minutes buffin one fuckin cd and it still skipped. total joke. the only thing cool about it is that it looks like the ship in star wars that bobafet (sp?) flew. so i guess you can alwats dig out your old action figures and pretend its a space ship.

dan - that was pretty funny

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

here's a non traditional method for saving your cd's in the first place:

AudioCatalyst: It's basically the best cd ripper and mp3 encoder around. I can rip and encode an entire CD at 192kbps (archive/high-end quality) in about 9 minutes.

Nero CD Burner: yep.. burns cd's.

If you're serious about protecting your investment in music, then use some sort of a backup device as well.

I have over 2000 songs of various genres on my harddrive, all archive quality. whenever i want an audio cd for the car or to take to a party, i just burn one in about 9 minutes.

very convenient.

morph_ cwm13.gif

------------------

This is my church

This is where i heal my hurts

It's in natural grace

Or watching young lives shape

It's in minor keys

Solutions and remedies

Enemies becoming friends

When bitterness ends

This is my church

Originally posted by morpheus_:

AudioCatalyst: It's basically the best cd ripper and mp3 encoder around. I can rip and encode an entire CD at 192kbps (archive/high-end quality) in about 9 minutes.

If you're serious about protecting your investment in music, then use some sort of a backup device as well.

I have over 2000 songs of various genres on my harddrive, all archive quality. whenever i want an audio cd for the car or to take to a party, i just burn one in about 9 minutes.

very convenient.

morph_ cwm13.gif

see what you failed to say also , is what if your computer fucked up and you lose all your data on your hardrive ... ! well your fucked man

------------------

plasma_ball_md_wht_6725.gif

E-mail martin_izzo@netzero.net page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

PEace

Martin

OK PEEPS I HAVE THE BOMB HOME MADE REMEDY!!!!

ok, if start to boil a pot of water and them right before it comes to a boil, place the CD in there for about 7-10 seconds. Then take it out. I swear this has worked on countless CD's. The first Rage Against the Machine album that I got YEARS ago, it went through the mill and it came out perfect. It doesn't visably erase the scratches off the surface but somehow it works. Just try first on a CD you don't care about

i was spinning at a New Years eve party ,during cueing mycd skipped.......

having nothing else with me I had to think

fast........

suddenly I sneezed on the cd.....then had

to wipe it off!

Well after that-it played fine---GO FIGURE

Postal cwm3.gif

------------------

"Because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing but BURN, BURN, BURN." - Jack Kerouac

Originally posted by glowball:

Originally posted by morpheus_:

very convenient.

morph_ cwm13.gif

see what you failed to say also , is what if your computer fucked up and you lose all your data on your hardrive ... ! well your fucked man

well aren't you the smart one.. first of all, among the hundred or so parts of a computer, the hard drive is one of the least failing devices. second of all, if you had read my post carefully (obviously not), you would've seen a specific part that said USE A BACKUP DEVICE.

dimwit..

morph_ cwm13.gif