Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm goin' to Cuba....any suggestions????

Originally posted by executress:

Ah Hah! I knew it...That's how you got into this country.. You smugled your way in on a row boat wit 20 of your family members...

I'm calling Immigration on you so that we could have 1 less skank in this country...lol...

cwm27.gif

------------------

AIM vampie

Originally posted by cubano43:

There is good night life there. Go to Varadero it's fucking awesome. The beach is great. There are plenty of clubs in Habana and in Varadero. I went in August so there was not trance. Try El Mirador or Hemingway's somthing. $10 and all you drink mojitos and Cuba libre. Go see El Cristo it's a cool view. DONT DRINK THE WATER. DONT BUY CIGAR IN THE STREET THEY ARE FAKE. You'll have a great time

If you drink, make sure there is no ice in it either...the same water you shouldn't drink is used to make the ice. BTW: Cuba Libre = Rum & Coke, just as an FYI.

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by shugabooga:

you're braver than i. i would be afraid i'd never get back home. what made you choose cuba?

It's the last "untouched" Carribean island, and I've heard it's incredibly beautiful.

Besides, the laws have relaxed so much that it's not illegal for Americans to travel to Cuba, it's just illegal to do business with an American company (because they can't) to get there.

Thanks for the info everybody, I'll post a full report when I get back.

------------------

line1.jpg

Originally posted by tenupa:

I just booked a trip to Cuba, I've never been there and I don't know anyone that's gone recently. Anybody know anything about nightlife on the island? Thanks in advance.

cwm7.gif

i might sound like the biggest fuckin asshole in the world......but how, in fact, did you book a trip to cuba???? cuz i know no mode of transportation that is registered in the u.s. will take u there, since (i guess you could say) we're basically boycotting cuba cuz they're communist.... so i was just curious.. fill me in toots.. thanx..

peace -- daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

First of all, I really didn't expect this thread to go on this long, I figured a few responses, some good ideas and that would be about it. The cat fight on the other hand is really good with some real shit being slung back and forth. Way to go girls---have it out on the board, not in person.

Anyway to answer your question Mareluna, you have to deal with a foriegn (canadian, mexican) travel agency to go to Cuba. I've been reading alot about it lately and it sounds like an amazing island. There's a nightlife scene but not like NY (is anything?) It's just like Jamacia or the Grand Caymans with less crime because of the dictatorship regime. It's heavily european influenced and there are some great resorts there. Bottom line---I'm siked to go.

All the additional info has been great and if I can---cigars for everyone.

Now back to our regularly schedualed mudslinging....

Originally posted by mareluna:

i might sound like the biggest fuckin asshole in the world......but how, in fact, did you book a trip to cuba???? cuz i know no mode of transportation that is registered in the u.s. will take u there, since (i guess you could say) we're basically boycotting cuba cuz they're communist.... so i was just curious.. fill me in toots.. thanx..

peace -- daniela

cwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gifcwm7.gif

------------------

line1.jpg