Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How Many People REALLY pay attention to ....

Words in a song.. ??? I love listing to a song and debating with my self what it means, and how i can relate to it?

Even with house and trance vocals i like to do this...

am i the only one who pays attention to the words?

Listen to the song "someone else not me" by duran duran, and let me know what you think about it...

cwm29.gifcwm30.gifcwm16.gif

------------------

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

lik.gif
/>http://hometown.aol.com/lipzlipzlipz/LIPZ.html

ok first off, can you please stop ". . . " ing all of your topics! it's fucking annoying.

now that i'm done whining smile.gif . . .

words in songs are great- but think about this- words are only one element of a song, while all those instruments, ALL being the keyword, play such a larger part. i'm a lyric freak, but when it comes down to reviewing a CD, that's the last thing I note.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

Originally posted by sharonregina:

ok first off, can you please stop ". . . " ing all of your topics! it's fucking annoying.

now that i'm done whining smile.gif . . .

words in songs are great- but think about this- words are only one element of a song, while all those instruments, ALL being the keyword, play such a larger part. i'm a lyric freak, but when it comes down to reviewing a CD, that's the last thing I note.

thank you thank you very much.

yeah, tried to do that with their song "tourettes" (spelling?) this was a few years back- OMG i think there were about 100 variations on the web smile.gif

"hello, hello, how low" heheheh

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

a while back, while tripping on acid me and a couple of my friends tried to figure out the lyrics of various nirvana songs. It didn't werk a half hour into it I thought I had a aneurysm.

------------------

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

hello, hello, hello, how low

With the lights out it's less dangerous

Here we are now, entertain us

I feel stupid and contagious

A mulatto

An albino

A mosquito

My Libido

Yay, a denial

yeah this was when smells like teen spirit first came out, those lyrics still boggle my mind to this day?

------------------

13b.jpg

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

hello, hello, hello, how low

With the lights out it's less dangerous

I feel stupid and contagious

A mulatto

An albino

A mosquito

My Libido

Yay, a denial

yeah this was when smells like teen spirit first came out, those lyrics still boggle my mind to this day?

gonzojournalist is too delicious!

There have been songs that I have loved the music and couldn't listen to anymore because I found the words highly objectionable.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

I DON'T WAAANNA LOVE YOU ANYMORE...

------------------

parish...

-beat slacker mac-

AIM= thomaskm1/ Parish@clubplanet.com

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pac-Man

affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

When a good song has good poetry to go with it, that's great. But mostly I dont need some self righteous musian acting like a poet and trying to communicate his observations on life and trying to command my feelings with his voice and words.

That's one of the things I love about techno, it seldomly has words, and even when it does they are there mostly for the sound effect of the voice.

If I want to get into some deep poetry, I'll go to Barnes and Noble.

Simon&Garfunkel, Metallica-great music, sometimes even better lyrics that make you really think. Matchbox 20, VanHalen, etc.-lyrics are completely circumbstancial for the singer.

Originally posted by nycetouch:

When a good song has good poetry to go with it, that's great. But mostly I dont need some self righteous musian acting like a poet and trying to communicate his observations on life and trying to command my feelings with his voice and words.

yes, back in the day songs were almost always created by teaming up a lyricist and a composer (rodgers & hart, lerner & loewe, georege & ira gershwin, etc.), but those were also in the days when people rarely even performed their own material . but later on more people starting doing both. i don't think writing good music and fine lyrics have to be mutually exclusive.

[This message has been edited by weyes (edited 01-20-2001).]

Dave Matthhews....what is there to be said. Crash, and Satelite have some of my favorite lyrics to a song. Of course my quote, but that isn't a Dave original. Can't wait for his new CD!!

PS, not only does he have great lyrics..his music alone is great....I mean...who else performs one song that is 12 minutes long!

------------------

..The judge said: "Son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die." Well I said not a word. Though it meant my life, for I'd been in the arms of my best friends wife.

Duuuude your crushing my head!

[This message has been edited by flippin_e (edited 01-20-2001).]

Originally posted by flippin_e:

Dave Matthhews....what is there to be said. Crash, and Satelite have some of my favorite lyrics to a song. Of course my quote, but that isn't a Dave original. Can't wait for his new CD!!

PS, not only does he have great lyrics..his music alone is great....I mean...who else performs one song that is 12 minutes long!

eewwww!!!! haha...sorry i just don't like dmb..but whatever floats your boat

cwm10.gifcwm2.gif

------------------

"Your not going crazy, your going SANE in a CRAZY world..."

aol sn: kshark81

home.gif

look!! a Kudama!!! (princess mononoke)