Clubplanet Nightlife Community

artificial tanning

I always treated tanning saloons with scepticism, thinking you can't really get the same kinda 'coffe' tan that you do from the sun. Last week (sat to be specific) i decided to give it a try and had a 20 minute tanning session. I'm pretty dark skined, so i didn't think i could possibly get burned.

The next day my whole body started to burn, and my skin has been peeling for about 3 days now. Its sick! I rarely ever get sunburned from the sun, my guess is that i should've used sunblock to safeguard myself from getting burned.

Has anyone else here had a similar experience? And what sunblock lotion (brand name) should i use next time i go tanning?

tanning beds r usually stronger than the sun, esp the first time u use one....i have pretty fair skin but have been going tanning a lot and am finally getting that nice brownish color...but u need to be careful and smart about it...there is a lotion i use that really helps prevent the red...its called mud shots by dr. sun...it smells great and helps with the color...it is available at many tanning salons...so good luck with the color, be careful, and enjoy ur dark skin cause some of us spend hours and tons of money and still dont get that...

------------------

never frown....u dont know when someone is falling in love with ur smile...

Originally posted by TheRegulator:

%7Boption%7D

I’d take the time to give u a lecture how some of us have interests other than clubbing and that this board discusses many various non-club related issues. I even specifically titled my post “artificial tanning†so that morons like you won’t be annoyed to find out that this post has nothing to do with clubbing. Still, life would be so much simpler if not for drama seeking imbeciles …

Originally posted by sosultan:

I’d take the time to give u a lecture how some of us have interests other than clubbing and that this board discusses many various non-club related issues. I even specifically titled my post “artificial tanning” so that morons like you won’t be annoyed to find out that this post has nothing to do with clubbing. Still, life would be so much simpler if not for drama seeking imbeciles …

3dbiggrin3.gif

ha ha I like this answer!

------------------

ani_twee.giftweety1.gif

First time you can't go for too long unless you are already tanned somewhat.. Or your skin is not sensitive to sun at all.. And the first few times only a very short time is recommended (all beds have a little chart with week 1-4 or something similar).. Your skin needs to get used to the UV rays since it hasn't been exposed to it much since last summer.. So do it slowly. Don't jump in there for 20 minutes the first time.. I went for 6 minutes the first time and got BURNT.. Be careful and take it slow..

I love Australian Gold (lotion not the gel)and have gotten friends and family hooked on it. It always gave me a really nice even tan and helped prevent dry/peeling skin.

Unfortunately it's not easy to find. Usually only tanning salons sell it, unless you live down south. (I was able to find it in stores down there.)

I've used other tanning lotions that were specifically meant for salon use and wasn't happy with them.

You may want to buy an Aloe lotion for your skin now. That also helps if you put it on after you have gone tanning.

And like most people have stated...moderation is the key. I'm really surprised that someone at the salon actually let you go in for 20 minutes, especially if they knew it was your first time.

[This message has been edited by jenny5150 (edited 01-22-2001).]

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

First time you can't go for too long unless you are already tanned somewhat.. Or your skin is not sensitive to sun at all.. And the first few times only a very short time is recommended (all beds have a little chart with week 1-4 or something similar).. Your skin needs to get used to the UV rays since it hasn't been exposed to it much since last summer.. So do it slowly. Don't jump in there for 20 minutes the first time.. I went for 6 minutes the first time and got BURNT.. Be careful and take it slow..

Oh, I didn’t go tanning after not being exposed to the sun for month. In fact, I got back from Jamaica about 10 ten days ago. The weather wasn’t that great, so I decided to make up for lack of sun at a local tanning saloon. Hope this explains my refusal to use any sun block…

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CLUBBING? LOOK AROUND THE NEXT TIME U GO TO A FRIGGEN CLUB. MAD PEOPLE HAVE TANZ AND YET ITZ LIKE FREEZIN OUTSIDE. I GO TO THE TS BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE TO LOOK ALL PALE N SHIT IN THE CLUB. THINGS DON'T HAVE TO BE DIRECTLY RELATED TO CLUBBING. SOMETIMES U HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT FOR A 2ND B4 U PUT SOME STUPID POST THAT ANNOYZ PEOPLE AND MAKEZ U LOOK LIKE A FOOL. NAAAAAA MEAN. AAAAAAIGHT, PEACE