Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mp3 file questions...

Okay Im going to be making a website soon for someone and need some help here. He is a DJ and I will need to get some of his mixes and turn them into mp3 files. How can I possibly do this is question number 1.

From tehre, I want to take the mp3s and put them on the website for visitors to come and hear his music. Not neccesarily download it, I just want them to be able to hear it from the link. How can I make this possible?

Is there special equiptment I will need to record his mixes or can I simply take them from CDs he has made? Will the transferring from cd to website be a difficult task?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since Im not familiar with mp3s really. thanks a bunch!

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

- "If I coulD ReACh up And hOLd a STar fOr eVEry TimE You'vE MAdE ME smiLe, tHE enTire evENinG sKy woUld bE in The pALm of My hAnd" - UnkNoWn

- Myrlin's ho! Direct all inquiries to his attention!

Yes I am in fact doing a shameless bump b/c I need help with this....

SOMEONE on here has GOTTA know....

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

- "If I coulD ReACh up And hOLd a STar fOr eVEry TimE You'vE MAdE ME smiLe, tHE enTire evENinG sKy woUld bE in The pALm of My hAnd" - UnkNoWn

You'll have to convert his mixes to MP3's using an encoding program. These are pretty easy to find and download for free. No special equipment needed.

Unless you convert the audio into streaming audio, users will not be able to hear his mixes unless they download the MP3's.

------------------

PP60x60.gif

When extracting music from a cd to your hard drive, it is important that you have an extracter that makes an exact audio conversion (EAC). you will find this software at http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ It is the standard for most online music trading communities.

It breakes up the cd into individual .wav files which are identical digital clones of the origanal.

Hope this helps, good luck,

Michael

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

If you want that the visitors can hear the music, you can convert them into real audio files, with this, on your site, they could hear the music without to download it, but i don't know how to do that, sorry...if i try i will tell you... cwm1.gif

------------------

$$$$IN TOM WE TRUST$$$$

tomix.gif

Email : Tomixfromparis@hotmail.com

Yikes this sounds kind of complicated....moer then I imagined. Ill do some research on what you all have suggested and try it out. Hopefully it will work with no problem.

Thanks for the info everyone!

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif