Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Dave, couldn't you create a clubplanapster for us to share our files!!!

Tomix

Ic ould set my server up as a napster server but that limits waht you trade to mp3's. Also if I set up FTP you guys can just dump shit to store. It will be up by midnight.

------------------

Everything will be perfect .... tonight and forever....

can.jpg

Originally posted by Tomix:

Originally posted by shannah:

If file size is the problem, why not Zip it? I've never tried it w/sound files before but I can't imagine there would be much (if any) difference. Just an idea... smile.gif

mp3 is already a compressed file, to zip it will be useless !!!

interesting i didn't know that LSNE learn something new everyday

I think that if you at least ran napster, even though we could store other stuff there via FTP, we also could point other people to the MP3 files with relative ease.

ie, it would be a handy place to keep some of my own live sets as MP3's, but I could maximize their availability if you had Napster going too.

Just a suggestion. It's very generous of you to offer this, and I don't want to seem like I'm making any sort of demands. Just thought it would be a good idea is all.

------------------

if you're bored: Sat. Jan 27 - Leisure Society @ The Leopard Lounge

shit, I just deleted Napigator because I found it a useless waste of space.

25gigs is quite a bit, but it will go fast if people just start dumping a lot of shit in it. I have about 4gigs of techno files myself. We gotta think of a way to eliminate duplicate file uploads.

Ok everything is up. I put some of my mp3's up there. about 4 GB worth. Currently there is 20 GB free. That should last a while. I hope smile.gif. If space is gettin thin I will start to run scripts to find dup's. The clubnyc directory is read/write for everyone with the ID and password. The other directories are read only. I put some apps up there for anyone to take. Any suggestions email me : dschwed@mindspring.com

server : ftp.unwdre.com

Login : clubnyc

Password : clubnyc

------------------

can.jpg

Not a prob. I also have realproducer Pro. If anyone wants I can convert their sets to Real audio so people can listen streaming. Also I can give people web space or email addresses if they want.

------------------

can.jpg

Mad props to Dschwed. I got 10 gig's of techno and mad sets too. I'm gonna start uploading stuff as soon as my freaking DSL is back up.

------------------

"I've been going to this high school for seven and half years...I'm no dummy."

bod10t.jpg

[This message has been edited by mr.sick (edited 01-24-2001).]

Originally posted by dschwed:

Ok everything is up. I put some of my mp3's up there. about 4 GB worth. Currently there is 20 GB free. That should last a while. I hope smile.gif. If space is gettin thin I will start to run scripts to find dup's. The clubnyc directory is read/write for everyone with the ID and password. The other directories are read only. I put some apps up there for anyone to take. Any suggestions email me : dschwed@mindspring.com

server : ftp.unwdre.com

Login : clubnyc

Password : clubnyc

dschwed: That's fuckin' awsome of you to do that.... Maybe if all of us put in like $5 (I certainly would) or something, we can get you a bigger/additional harddrive. Sounds like your drive is going to fill up fast once everyone gets the hang of it.

cwm4.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Originally posted by gambitx73:

Originally posted by Tomix:

Originally posted by shannah:

If file size is the problem, why not Zip it? I've never tried it w/sound files before but I can't imagine there would be much (if any) difference. Just an idea... smile.gif

mp3 is already a compressed file, to zip it will be useless !!!

interesting i didn't know that LSNE learn something new everyday

What do you mean by LSNE ???

------------------

$$$$IN TOM WE TRUST$$$$

tomix.gif

Email : Tomixfromparis@hotmail.com

IeeeeHaa! I connected via CuteFTP, downloaded a couple of things, tried to contribute by uploading some stuff, but was denieddd. ?whats up?

Anyway, thanx man for doing this.

BTW you said you have ProducerPro or something like that? what is it, would it help when trying to break up whole cd mp3's into separate tracks, where can I get it? cwm35.gif

problem with the site today. Everything should be ok now. for some reason the mp3 directory is not showing. For now just manually change to the mp3 cirectory to see my mp3's. Otherwise just upload ur shit.

------------------

can.jpg

Where do you find this incredible mix of Sasha and Digweed in Sydney for NYE 2001, i really hope to access to mp3 later for download it full.... cwm1.gif

------------------

$$$$IN TOM WE TRUST$$$$

tomix.gif

Email : Tomixfromparis@hotmail.com

It wont let me in. I keep getting this message saying"user anonymous not allowed" It doesnt even show me anything.

>sniffle<

Nevermind Im in...but how to I download and upload guys? Im confused

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

- "It's better to be baked, not fried!" - GrOOvE

- Myrlin's ho! Direct all inquiries to his attention!

[This message has been edited by misskittie (edited 01-25-2001).]

I started an e-group so we can have an e-mail listserv. This way people can announce stuff they've posted, or comment on tracks they like and stuff like that.

Please join the group at:

http://www.egroups.com/group/CNYCMP3

kitty - you'll need to give a username and password to login

user: clubnyc

pass: clubnyc

I found the best way to set it up is in windows explorer through the remote networking wizard. That way you can drap and drop through explorer.

------------------

if you're bored: Sat. Jan 27 - Leisure Society @ The Leopard Lounge

Joined the egroup list. Thanks! Very cool idea, guys.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

ok...i am a little computer retarded...i don't get it...where do i go for this...i have sooooo much stuff to give away!!! and i am at work, with a pretty fast connection...

------------------

i know what i want, but it took me a long time to figure it out