Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The only non played out club in nyc

Originally posted by roundersnyc:

Fellow clubbers promoters etc, For the past few weeks I have been hearing about tunnel saturdays, and for the past 2 weeks i have been going and i came to this realization it is seriously the only non played out club left in NY. EXIT is cheezy as hell with all the mainstream shit that they play, SF is just full of crap period, and even TWILO has been going downward and i appologize to the 99.9% of this board who when they think of home think of twilo but im being quite serious. I have been to almost every club out there and now that TUNNEL has made these changes its bangin again. Very nice atmosphere and great music. None of this mainstream shit that you get everywhere else. I do encourage people to comecheck it out and if any of u promote that party let me know id be interested in doing it myself!!!!

Hey Behave, i love exit, u should come and check o

[img]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm7.gif' alt='cwm7.gif'> "]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/smilies/cwm20.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Rounder's aint lying. Tunnel is FRESH. Anytime you can throw a hot looking crowd, Intense DJ's,Energetic Atmosphere and above all else incredible music into one mix...you've got a recipe for success. Stop by and see for yourself. I can't make you come but you guys won't be dissapointed if you go. That I can promise you. This Saturday DJ Corbett will be in the house along with DJ Kleva, so be sure to check out their beats. Anybody who's interested in coming can drop me a line: therelapsetheory@hotmail.com. and I can give you information on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlists</A> and the Party itself. Large parties can call me on my cell @ (201) 349-1865.

-THEORY

Originally posted by theorynyc:

Rounder's aint lying. Tunnel is FRESH. Anytime you can throw a hot looking crowd, Intense DJ's,Energetic Atmosphere and above all else incredible music into one mix...you've got a recipe for success. Stop by and see for yourself. I can't make you come but you guys won't be dissapointed if you go. That I can promise you. This Saturday DJ Corbett will be in the house along with DJ Kleva, so be sure to check out their beats. Anybody who's interested in coming can drop me a line: therelapsetheory@hotmail.com. and I can give you information on the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlists</A> </A> and the Party itself. Large parties can call me on my cell @ (201) 349-1865.

-THEORY

I know he aint lying , i went last saturday to tunnel and it was off the hook, but also exit on a friday is off the hook too, it aint cheesy.

cwm7.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

Originally posted by twilogoddess:

ARE U FUCKIN KIDDIN ME? my friends went to Tunnel recently & said it sucked...they bounced at 4..thats unheard off.

In ur opinion how as TWILO gone downhill? I don't see how since it has the BEST SYSTEM, SICKEST LINEUP & BEST VIBE & ENERGY!

i gotta agree with the chiquita on this one? In what way has twilo gone downhill? lemme know when you come up with something.

Look. this aint about which club is better and which club is cheesy. I fucking love Exit. Twilo is hot too. I think any Tunnel supporters in here are just saying, go check it out. Why must everybody talk about every club, like it's either the greatest place ever or the summiest shittiest hole on the face of the earth?

Every club in my opinion is great--each one has its own vibe, feel to it so in reality it's not fair to compare them. I would easily go to any of these clubs without even thinking about it.

As for TUNNEL--I think it's great that it's making a comeback. U'll be cutting urself off from the scene by saying it's played out and not going. If u're openminded u can easily have a great time at Twilo, SF, Exit, Tunnel etc.

Did music ever get played out??? NOPE--so it doesn't matter where it's played as long as people have a good time.

All right let me take a poke at this issue.

People: Clubs have to and always do evolve, change and CHANGE again over time.

It is the nature of things, its the nature of life: dynamic.

Of course the Tunnel had to change, shit its been around for a while, and that's natural.

Anyone who is not accepting this is being rather ignorant of the vibe of NYC, NYC clubs, and electronic music. Shit was Twilo the same club 5 years ago, was Limelight, was Roxy?????!!

Change is good, accept it for better or worse. I'm glad JV and DT got out of there and moved on, it was their time!! Time for new djs, time for a new scene, dont get old people and hang on to the old ways, go on and try new things. cwm41.gif

First of all, I have no clue what are u guys are talkin about Tunnel makin a comeback. Tunnel mad a Comeback Back on Aug 19th Johnny Vicious First night.. the PLACE was PACKED with Tons of People. Since then it has Gone Downhill.. IT will never make a comeback AGAIn... Because if JOhnny Vicious who is one of the best Dj's in the world Couldnt Draw 3000 people weekly then NOBODY WILL. Second, the only reason Tunnel is even open is because of Kurfew, people pay 15 dollars thats a joke. THAT IS THE ONLY reason you get a Hundred people at tunnel on sat nights.

Originally posted by jonathanny:

First of all, I have no clue what are u guys are talkin about Tunnel makin a comeback. Tunnel mad a Comeback Back on Aug 19th Johnny Vicious First night.. the PLACE was PACKED with Tons of People. Since then it has Gone Downhill.. IT will never make a comeback AGAIn... Because if JOhnny Vicious who is one of the best Dj's in the world Couldnt Draw 3000 people weekly then NOBODY WILL. Second, the only reason Tunnel is even open is because of Kurfew, people pay 15 dollars thats a joke. THAT IS THE ONLY reason you get a Hundred people at tunnel on sat nights.

WELL ITS BETTER THEN FUCKING PAYING 40 AT AFTER HOURS AT SOUND FACTORY OR EXIT .. MAN GO TO SLEEEP BEFORE I BITCH SLAP YOU

------------------

S_M_copy.jpg

-------------------------

e-mail martin_izzo@netzero.net page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

PEace

Martin

i went to tunnel 3 sats. ago and it sucked. there was no more than 300 people there at any given time of the night, and the people that were there were sleazy, sleazy people.(thats what crowd you get when there is no dress code, but i know how many of you have problems with "the well dressed people" so maybe youll like it) the music was hot though, very intense.

Take if from me , Tunnel is a Great place to hang out and talk to your friends .... see Sound factory exit are mainstream like my friends say .. Rounders my man and kyle we know last sat was OFF the hook ... But The Tunnel is more the thenjust a club its a legand im talking about you will never see crazy things happen anywere else man , and the crowd id very diffrent , see exit and SF all that is are people that want to all look the same where the tattoo on there right arm with there shirts off huge guys that can hurt a girl my bumping into them or jsut be an asshole about things , also i my addd all those people want to do is hook up in those kind of clubs ............... Tunnel you can have a good time Watch people bug out with there skinny self glowsticks flying people dancing like nutz and Great music good ligting effects great sound SYStem and you will never go wrong ther e......

------------------

S_M_copy.jpg

PEace

Martin

Fellow clubbers promoters etc, For the past few weeks I have been hearing about tunnel saturdays, and for the past 2 weeks i have been going and i came to this realization it is seriously the only non played out club left in NY. EXIT is cheezy as hell with all the mainstream shit that they play, SF is just full of crap period, and even TWILO has been going downward and i appologize to the 99.9% of this board who when they think of home think of twilo but im being quite serious. I have been to almost every club out there and now that TUNNEL has made these changes its bangin again. Very nice atmosphere and great music. None of this mainstream shit that you get everywhere else. I do encourage people to comecheck it out and if any of u promote that party let me know id be interested in doing it myself!!!!

What up again hey kyle and rounder dudes remember that girl you met with me last sat that was foxyroxy20 from the board man .. hehe i bet you didnt know that lol peace

------------------

S_M_copy.jpg

PEace

Martin

Um......NO.

Tunnel is a shithole.

1.) It's Dirty.

2.) The crowd sucks...worse vibe ive ever been in. (no bashing on anyone here personally...but im talkin overall here.)

3.) Staff is shitty.

4.) System sucks.

5.) Ugly layout/design.

6.) music is BLAH.

7.) Twilo has the best line-up ive ever seen as of late. You think different.....show up this friday(S&D), the 9th(PVD), the 16th(DeepDish), and the 18th(Carl Cox and Danny T.) If you dont agree still....you can have vicious....really...i insist.

Been there a few times. Will probably never go back, But i'll never say never.

no offense personally....but i hate that place.

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg

[This message has been edited by trippintrance64 (edited 01-25-2001).]

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

Um......NO.

Tunnel is a shithole.

7.) Twilo has the best line-up ive ever seen as of late. You think different.....show up this friday(S&D), the 9th(PVD), the 16th(DeepDish), and the 18th(Carl Cox and Danny T.) If you dont agree still....you can have vicious....really...i insist.

enough with the Twilo promos already, I think I know the Twilo lineup for the next two months without researching. Is Twilo the only club you ever had fun at?? That's too bad, cause NYC is a big town and its got a lot of clubs. Some Twilo regs like to bash Exit and SF quite regularly, those who go to Exit and SF dont bash Twilo, yet the this distinct Twilo element (I say that because I like Twilo as well) call themselves the musically educated and openminded, soo.....

cwm22.gif

Um......

Johnny Vicious, I would have to say, is a great producer... but I certainly don't think he is one of the best DJs in the world..... but also just because he didn't draw 3000 people every week.... it isnt all on him... if there is no promotion or support from other areas.... it doesnt matter who is DJing! I've been to plenty of clubs on nights where one of the world's most "popular" DJs is playing and it isnt packed at all. It happens.... For example... the wed night b4 Thanksgiving... Danny Tenaglia played at Nation in DC... along with Saeed & Palash and Corbett. I know some people who went and they said it wasn't packed at all. Maybe only 1,000 people. SO its not just the DJ.

Um.... Tranza..... you been played since 98... I just HAD to say that you negative bastid!

Yo TrippinTrance... how can you say the music is blah... if (according to you) you don't go there much.... and its different DJs all the time?

Stop being so negative people.....

Mike G

Originally posted by nycetouch:

Is Twilo the only club you ever had fun at?? That's too bad, cause NYC is a big town and its got a lot of clubs.

actually....no it isnt.....i hit up SF, LL, and a number of other places. Point that i was trying to make is that tunnel sucks ass....you know there was alot of text that i typed before the twilo "promotion" that you stated I made. Even if it truly where a promotion.....who cares? Assuming that thats the only place that i go isnt the brightest assumption to make. smile.gif

-al

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg

[This message has been edited by trippintrance64 (edited 01-25-2001).]