Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why is it that a girl....

I agree with most of the girls.. It IS flattering, but not when it makes you feel like a piece of meat to be picked up, fucked, and thrown out. It's one thing when a guy says something even as stupid as "oooh baby" or "damn girl".. It's another when they look you up and down 20 times and ask if you'd come home with them.. The nice complements are flattering, the nasty ones make me feel really dirty and make me want to RUN the other way FAST..

Originally posted by Jilly:

Now..in some cases..there is a cultural reason why this is done. In latin american countries..to call out, whistle, hiss, make comments is considered ok..its what "the males are expected to do" Now when some of the people move up here, they take that with them, even though in America we are supposed to think differently than this. This comment is not meant to be rude to anyone from latin america..it is what I learned in my communication classes in college. Its a cultural thing.

This kind of attention is NOT flattering or enjoyable. Its harassment. Plain and simple.

It's true, in many contries it's fine. Italy is a great example, it's great to watch a group of guys hiss at a girl and the girl tease the fuck out of the guys.. it's kind of a game.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

i agree with lots of girls here, i really hate the nasty remarks that makes me feel dirty, like when they say something and if u dont respond, they curse u out call u a bitch and shit..what i also hate is the nasty old men, yuk...i hate when they stare and shit..it gives me the creeps

cwm31.gif I always have my walkman on so i act like i dont hear the remarks.

yes we women just like men love compliments and attention, but not when its negative

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

oh honey...just smile to them...make someones day a lil brighter....I walk to work everyday from the train station and I have to hear all these comments and good mornings and have a great day gorgeous...I just smile and keep on walking....there are so many other things in this world to get pissed off over....this is nothing smile.gif

i take it none of the women who posted after my post actually took a few seconds to READ my post.

i said that not every man has the social skill to walk up to a woman and say "you're beautiful." Most of the time, their lack of communications skills will cause them to blurt out some rude, lewd or unnecessary comment instead of a decent one. (believe it or not, movies old and new, cultural differences and male group psychology are all effecting factors)

not all the men who blurt out these comments actually mean what they say the way you think they do. blame them for being insecure and incommunicative before branding them perverts. (barking dog doesn't bite)

aaaaanyway

i'm just trying to get a point through, none of my business really..

morph_ cwm34.gif

Originally posted by risa06:

oh honey...just smile to them...make someones day a lil brighter....I walk to work everyday from the train station and I have to hear all these comments and good mornings and have a great day gorgeous...I just smile and keep on walking....there are so many other things in this world to get pissed off over....this is nothing smile.gif

Finally!!! A woman with some sense in her head! cwm30.gifcwm12.gifcwm13.gif

------------------

eye.gif

MarioNY.com

AOL:ZOMBLA

what kind of herbs are these guys who whistle at girls? It's these kind of idiots who give pretty girls even bigger heads than *most* already have... I'd be drawn and quartered before letting a woman on the street know I thought she was good looking enough to make some childish gesture... if I'm not fucking her what the hell do I care how hot she is? sorry but I just had to tell it like it is.....

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Fridays - Cream, NYC

1/19 - NAMM, Los Angeles

1/27 - Arena, ALbany NY

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

Sat Feb. 3rd - 92.7 & 98.5 FM 3-5am

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by renten:

You should just consider it a compliment and move on...but if you wanna make the guy who makes the comment look like a douchebag..next time turn around and walk up to him and pretend the comment really turns you on and ask if he'd like to go have sex RIGHT NOW..i guarantee he wont know what do do and he'll look like a moron

Definitely not a recommended technique ...if he's a confident dude, you might get raped!

No matter how annoyed you may be, don't let him/them see it ...smile and go your merry way

------------------

signature.gif

[This message has been edited by Ph0eniX (edited 01-25-2001).]

Originally posted by jennEfer:

i know exactly what u mean!!! i have gotten crude comments, whistles, followed, and even the thong song sung to me!! a girl cannot walk around the city without being harrased!

UUGGHHH I KNOW THE FEELING! I HATE THAT SONG NOW!

Then Mystical comes out w/ shake that ass, so that's what the ignorant assholes scream out when I walk! Mind you I dress conservatively (sp?)and not hoochied out!!! ggrrr

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77