Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are DJ's The modern day rock star?

Here's my take on the whole thing. It is def. blowing up, but it's been blown up for years over in Uk and Germany and so many other places. The US just lagged a little, I knew it was inevitable. I know people get all pissed off and say the scene is shifting from underground to mainstream, but whatever, given a chance, anything can get popular amoung the masses. Who cares, all that means is the DJ's have more people to amaze!

My only quam is the bad rap the scene has. For example everyone at work can talk about what they do on the weekends freely. If I told people what I do, like if I mentioned Hawtin at Twilo, they would automatically think I was some sort of crackhead! cwm34.gif

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

Yeah Decks out sell Guitars in America now as well.

They wont be rock stars until more of them work on there product. Most people haven't got a clue what the DJ's look like. They have to work on the package just like band would. But even that seems to be changing.

Few years ago I would say most definitely yes, but I see an end to it coming. As everybody becomes a DJ, rates will tumble and (supply / demand) and more emphasis will go back to the party. I think we will see more Manumission style parties where the DJ's are complimented with other performers.

With a rock star you have something to watch and ok some DJ's are fun to watch (some EVEN shine torches on their followers!!! wink.gif), but it's not the same as having 4 people on a stage.

Or people like Sonique and live P.A's (not miming to a DAT) making a come back. Also technology SHOULD enhance the DJ's abilities to create 'live' music.. it should be interesting whatever.

IMHO.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

[This message has been edited by back2basics- (edited 02-01-2001).]

Originally posted by PurePremium:

DJ Barbie Doll? I'd love to see her set list!

It's actually a Guy. He looks so L.A. Fabulous and it comes with two decks and speakers, the guy is wearing a studded jean jacket and has poofy blonde hair, it is hilarious. Oh yeah and it comes with a record case and two records(plastic of course)!