Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ill start - Hawtin at Twilo

I would like to hear what Hawtin and whoever opens for him Friday at Twilo has available. What type of music does he play and if anyone can mention a few songs that I can listen to so I can gauge for myself.

Thanks in advance

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

"The light, the glimmering light of her eyes, the shining exuberance of hope, the sparkling smile, Thats Life"

bknight.gif

Well I have never heard him live, but from what I heard he has a dark techno sound but he has a progressive speed, my friends who have seen him before said he's awesome for dancing?? -- I HOPE! I have heard people refer to him as trancy too, so there is only one way to find out? R U going to the meet up?

People....ya gotta check this man out Fri.....I'm there with bells on. He does play dark techno and I have a lot of his live sets like the Barcelona which is great, but like most DJ's it serves no justice unless you hear him live. Last time he was at Twilo he had the crowd locked to his beats.....he works the EFX like no ther!!!!!1

PLEASE don't miss richie hawtin or john acquaviva @ twilo this friday. i had one of the best nights of my life when this duo came to a party in pittsburgh in 99. i would so be there if i could. i'll bet hearing and seeing them in twilo would probably be too much for me! john acquaviva spins funky house with horns and all kinds of stuff in there. . .these two are not to be missed

Hawtin and Aquaviva are the Detroit Techno Extraordinaire founders of Plus 8 records. Richie (aka plastikman) has been in the business for so long and he knows how to please a crowd. He plays everything from Deep dark techno to jazzy vocal groovy housy stuff and his plastikman days have him doing a lot of experimental stuff from Abmient to electro. I had one of the most amazing nights of my life when I saw him last year in Rochester,NY!! I definately think that everyone should check this duo out!!

I predict no dissapoinments!!

------------------

piss.gif

Originally posted by deanna11:

like a horny pacific salmon. or something...

LOL,

That's just what he is like, i am going to email him that wink.gif

Yeh Richie is one of those DJ's who works better live. He is a proper crowd reader, prepare to dance your arse off if you go.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF