4  Moby - Bodyrock

5  BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down

6  Filter - Take A Picture

7  The Future Sound Of London - Papua New Guinea

8  DJ Rap - Bad Girl

9  Vernon's Wonderland - Vernon's Wonderland

10  Monk & Canatella - Enter The Monk

Press Release:

It's a well documented fact that Hybrid are musicians who consistently strive for perfection and rarely they miss their mark. In the past two years Hybrid have released a debut album to critical acclaim, toured extensively around the globe, including America with Moby, were nominated 'Best Live Act' by Muzik Magazine and have amassed a large amount of chat room behaviour from fans spanning the globe. Not to mention a growing group of celebrity fans.

'Remix and Additonal Production by...' is a body of work celebrating their commissioned remixes for artists as varied as Andreas Johnson, Moby, DJ Rap, and Filter. The fact that there is such diversity with the artists they remix consolidates the strenght of the Hybrid sound and particulary their finesse with vocals.

Not all the tracks have a story behind them but some do. Take the now infamous Future Sound Of London remix of 'Papua New Guinea',a result of their Hybrid Interactive Soundsystem knob tweaking when they appeared on Annie Nightingale's Radio One show. They seized the moment with a bit of live remixing on air, resulting in one of this years underground breakbeat anthems. Hybrid's remix of 'Body Rock' so impressed Moby that he immediately offered the band the support slot on his two month American tour, which went on to land Hybrid shows at Wembley Arena and the Brixton Academy.

A new American deal with Kinetic clinched the Andreas Johnson 'Glorious' remix which went down a storm at College radio and long standing friendships and the now compulsory mix swap came into place for BT's ' Never Gonna Come Back Down' track. While DJ Rap's career took off in the States, Hybrid were called to rejuvenate her single, Bad Girl', which now after almost two years , still cuts it.

'Remix and Additional Production by...' represents a small slice of Hybrid's remix work. With their trademark orchestral manoeuvres and savage breakbeats, Hybrid straddle with ease musical genres to devastating effect.

bounce.gif

------------------

megalomaniacal . . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Saw Hybrid with Moby...too bad the crowd was mainstream radio listners. I was the only person dancing to Hybrid. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

I'd been listening to Hybrid for a while, so for some reason, I expected there to be Hybrid fans there dancing too.

Anyways, they are incredible. Truly excellent material.

Can't wait to get this album

------------------

furnace.gif

Hey Frank...I prefer Beachcoma over Kill City, but def. agree with you on Finished Symphony.

Agree also with the simpletons comment...Hybrid is a very well done blend of new electronic music based on classical music underpinnings. Very unique, tight.

Cheese? Music for the masses?

Hm, I didn't realize things changed depreciated in quality as more people like them...

------------------

furnace.gif

Originally posted by furnace:

Hey Frank...I prefer Beachcoma over Kill City, but def. agree with you on Finished Symphony.

Agree also with the simpletons comment...Hybrid is a very well done blend of new electronic music based on classical music underpinnings. Very unique, tight.

Cheese? Music for the masses?

Hm, I didn't realize things changed depreciated in quality as more people like them...

You're right...I can't believe I forgot about that one...Beachcoma is an ill track...nice way they took elements of drum n bass and mixed in with breaks...another great track is Burnin'...they only perform that track live though...

Hybrid is up there with Orbital...by the way, they should be coming out with a new album sometime this year. cool.gif

cheese...puhleeze. rolleyes.gif

------------------

megalomaniacal . . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Hybrid are definitely people to watch. Their tracks pack more punch than any 10 average "progressive" house producers. I always include some of their work in my sets. Whoever made the comment that they are too intelligent for the average listener, that comment unfortunately is very on point. The average NY club goer doesn't connect with this stuff, but then who wants to be average.

Secret Hybrid cut I recommend is their remix of "Itza Trumpet Thing". This cut is a couple of years old and features a dark sexy break accented by an awesome trumpet loop that sends chills up your spine. Did they release this on vinyl?

Originally posted by laraver:

Secret Hybrid cut I recommend is their remix of "Itza Trumpet Thing". This cut is a couple of years old and features a dark sexy break accented by an awesome trumpet loop that sends chills up your spine. Did they release this on vinyl?

yup they released it on vinyl:

TLP:

1  Jaded Little Pill - Accelerator

2  Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar

3  Andreas Johnson - Glorious

4  Moby - Bodyrock

5  DJ Rap - Bad Girl

6  Filter - Take A Picture

7  Vernon's Wonderland - Vernon's Wonderland

8  Monk & Canatella - Enter The Monk

------------------

megalomaniacal . . .

shadowchaser076@aol.com

Originally posted by laraver:

Hybrid are definitely people to watch. Their tracks pack more punch than any 10 average "progressive" house producers. I always include some of their work in my sets. Whoever made the comment that they are too intelligent for the average listener, that comment unfortunately is very on point. The average NY club goer doesn't connect with this stuff, but then who wants to be average.

Ima go look for that on Napster...sounds cool tho...sounds like they might be bringing in some organic sounds (jazz/soul/funk layered over the phat beats...)

Where do you play? Do you play in NYC? What is your DJ name?

------------------

furnace.gif