Clubplanet Nightlife Community

music and/or mixing research

for those of you who have interest in music and/or mixing, is there ANYthing you particularly want to know? i.e. in terms of music theory, economic or social effects, psychological relations, etc.

this is a very broad question. i don't really expect anyone to answer, but would love it if someone could

------------------

"real fucking high"

I would like to know for definate, why it works and how it works.

No easy answer though.

Oh and i would like to know if melanin actually does affect the way people here music.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

When the party was in progress and unidentified frequency has been existing in the system for some time - Freak Frequency

bsb2.GIF

back2basics, how what works? and do you mean serotonin? i thought that'd be interesting to find out, because a lot of people develop some of their appreciation for music through unusually high serotonin levels. but now, when i go out and want to hear some extraordinary tunes, i stay sober so i don't get distracted

------------------

"real fucking high"

*bump*

c'mon, i know someone has to be curious about something that would require some in-depth research. how about anything in London, specifically?? i.e. something about mixing/producing music in London?

"come on, baby (come on)"

------------------

"real fucking high"

I am curious if listening to Trance/techno over a prolonged time has an effect on your psyche. Does listening to cassical music, rock, pop as oppose to completely synthethic sounds (techno/trance) has a different effect on a person, and what kind? In my opinion too much techno can f you up. Why some people are able to understand Techno (listen to it) and some cannot. At 6 am shit like that bugs my mind.

Originally posted by deanna11:

back2basics, how what works? and do you mean serotonin? i thought that'd be interesting to find out, because a lot of people develop some of their appreciation for music through unusually high serotonin levels. but now, when i go out and want to hear some extraordinary tunes, i stay sober so i don't get distracted

deanna I think b2b meant "melanin" as in the skin pigment.......that is a damn interesting question too......but personally I think it's more of a social issue than physical.......could be a good paper though.....

Mikey

------------------

"Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

Here are some pretty interesting links on the topic:

http://www.srpmme.u-net.com/apr2000.html

That one is from SRPMME (The Society for Reasearch in Psychology of Music and Music Education)

Another one: http://www.av1611.org/neutral.html

that one is kinda FU, it focuses on how "Rock music kills plants" and then goes into some religious/Chritian dogma, but it does point out a few interesting/true facts. Ignore the dogma.

http://www.musictherapy.org/

The Music Therepy Association

http://www.amc-music.com/pr/melatonin.html

From the American Music Conference

There's a ton of stuff out there. Theories/studies etc. Hope this helps quench your curiousity a bit :-)

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Originally posted by tyco:

deanna I think b2b meant "melanin" as in the skin pigment.......that is a damn interesting question too......but personally I think it's more of a social issue than physical.......could be a good paper though.....

Mikey

Yeh there are some people who say it also affects how people here music... but how owuld you try to quantify that?

Oooan thanks for the links smile.gif

Originally posted by deanna11:

*bump*

c'mon, i know someone has to be curious about something that would require some in-depth research. how about anything in London, specifically?? i.e. something about mixing/producing music in London?

"come on, baby (come on)"

sounds like u are looking for something to do .. why dont u research and postthe differences between mixers with crossfaders and mixers with knobs and how teh differ and why people would perfer one over the other.. also describe diffences in different makes of crossfaders, and their inner workings ,.,. research fiber-optic croosfaders too , cu zi dont know really anything about them. maybe a review of a few models of mixers and why you would recomend them or not recomend them ...

------------------

header_mockup_r1_c3.gif