Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Late Night bitching - Off topic

ooana

For the last few days I've been having these incredibly annoying series of nightmares.

Its been causing me to get about only 1 to 2 hours of sleep at a time. I've never, ever, experienced anything like this before...since childhood.

Has anyone else experienced something like this and if so...some possible advice on how to get a good nights rest? I'm trying out Velarian Root tonight to see if that helps. Wish me luck.

I'm certain its stress related and I'm trying to reduce that as best I can...but its a rather viscious cycle. Heh.

I can feel my body suffering from lack of sleep and total exhaustion (hence my crankyness and distance from lots of my buds on the board here the last few days...my apologies)

I feel like I'm freakin' five years old again...afraid to sleep. Nuts, I know. :-(

-An overtired, frustrated Oo.

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

*selfish bump*

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

Hey babe !! Sorry to hear about your sleeping troubles....When I was going through some rather stressful times and couldn't sleep without having an anxiety attack a friend turned me onto Melatonin...

You can get it at any health food store.. and what I liked best about it is that I didn't feel disoriented the next day...

Also,

How about marijuana..??? does that not make you sleepy?? That's what I use now.....after a long day..

------------------

AIM vampienyc10

e-mail: vampie@aol.com

Well come on out friday and stay out dancing with us till dawn! .... wait... maybe that is not the solution? cwm13.gif

[scratching chin]

I hope you feel better, Oo, it sucks not being able to sleep. Drink lots of fluids (thanks Mom!)

-Mjr (the artist formerly known as MJR203)

"With insomnia, nothing is real. Everything is far away. Everything is a copy of a copy of a copy." -Fight Club

Originally posted by ooana:

For the last few days I've been having these incredibly annoying series of nightmares.

Its been causing me to get about only 1 to 2 hours of sleep at a time. I've never, ever, experienced anything like this before...since childhood.

I'm certain its stress related and I'm trying to reduce that as best I can...but its a rather viscious cycle. Heh.

I can feel my body suffering from lack of sleep and total exhaustion (hence my crankyness and distance from lots of my buds on the board here the last few days...my apologies)

I feel like I'm freakin' five years old again...afraid to sleep. Nuts, I know. :-(

-An overtired, frustrated Oo.

[This message has been edited by mjrthesecond (edited 02-08-2001).]

I haven't tried melatonin yet but I may do that.

I'm real sensitive to pot...if I smoke the next day I generally don't feel so hot so that's really not an option :-( Wish it was.

The insomnia isn't as much of a problem as these freakin' nightmares. I'm not accustom to them anymore. :-(

I know its stress related but like I said, its a viscous circle.

Sorry for spilling my problems on the board like this, not normally my style but I've hit desperation. Even called my doc today to get some advice. Hee, he's so damn realistic..."De-stress your life and you'll be fine." He's right...but ugh!

-Oo

------------------

wassup wassup. yeah i wanted to help you out, cuz i've heard a lot of this before...when i used to go raving a lot...

i've had friends that had night terrors because they had been taking a lot of acid or certain types of ecstacy (usually had something hallucinogenic cut in it) for a couple of months straight. the only way the nightmares ended was when they chilled off of drugs for a while.

some of their stories were pretty crazy...one guy thought he was being dragged across the floor of his kitchen by some invisible force. he was a really smart guy, too, not the superstitious type. he really thought it was some evil force. but i think it was just him half-sleeping. he was a heavy doser and e dropper.

of course none of this is applicable if you don't take drugs.

anyway hope that helps...

[This message has been edited by back2ny (edited 02-08-2001).]

watch horror movies at bedtime (seriously). its kind of like jumping in the lake to learn how to swim or going skydiving to overcome acrophobia.

better yet, forget the stress of the day and just relax. picture yourself going down a set of stairs leading to a happy place. you are walking down these stairs. down... down... into the happy place. down... one step... down... two... you feel all warm and happy... down... three smile.gif

best of all, practice lucid dreaming. *hope* to *have* one of your nightmares. use whatever horror comes upon you as the *trigger* for *flying*. when the dream scares you, *fly* in your dream. if you feel like you cant fly, keep trying. dreams provide unlimited opportunity for success. flying is the second best feeling in a dream wink.gif

good luck. good night. peace.

------------------

i love music!

Thanks guys. Sirdante...that's very good advice, I will try that.

-Oo

------------------

Originally posted by p00h:

take up yoga, it'll give you the ability to control all sorts of functions including getting good peacful sleep...

Yoga is fantastic. I haven't been to a class in a few months but still practice on almost a daily basis. Perhaps getting back into heavily would be a good option. thanks!

-Oo

------------------