Clubplanet Nightlife Community

napster is finally coming to an end

they were on cnbc today and i think the end is near, i know they lost there case

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

well they lost the case, but werent ordered to shut it down. since they have a major ($$$) big league attorney, they should appeal the decision till God-knows-when, so we canstill d/l for now.

on a side note, i use napster to download house/trance...etc because that stuff is really hard to find in the stores. people who use it to d/l commercial stuff (madonna, metallic...etc) should be sued cause they could easily go to virgin or the wiz and get the music.

ok im off my soapbox now.

Originally posted by petp:

well they lost the case, but werent ordered to shut it down. since they have a major ($$$) big league attorney, they should appeal the decision till God-knows-when, so we canstill d/l for now.

on a side note, i use napster to download house/trance...etc because that stuff is really hard to find in the stores. people who use it to d/l commercial stuff (madonna, metallic...etc) should be sued cause they could easily go to virgin or the wiz and get the music.

thats the same reason i use it for

------------------

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

No i carn't agree with that. Small independants need your money MORE than Madonna, they may get 6000 sales and every one counts. They distribute themselves and the reason you find them hard to get is because when you here them in a club they haven't been released yet... they may be on white label.

But i think the smaller labels HAVE to adapt to survive. I think they need to set-up web sites where you can order records or MP3's directly. If not Napster or whatever replaces it will take vital business away.

If i like a track (even if i am sick of it because i downloaded 6 months ago) i will go out and buy it in some form. It's only fair to the REAL hard workers in teh music business.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

in that case then, they do need to change the format...i wouldnt mind paying like a buck a song as long as i could get it and not wait 3 hours for it to download.

i've never d/l'ed commercial stuff off napster.

Comercial stuff is the only thing i do tend to download. If there is an album i think is OK nothing spesh but i want to keep it, i will download it and not buy it. But that's the only time i will. I know not everybody does that, but lets face it with the comercial stuff 90% of the revenue goes to TV adverts, album cover etc etc. I don't want to pay for that.. i want the money to go to the tallented on.. i don't want to coersed in to buying a record. If it's good i will buy it.

The music industry to me is all about the Independant labels IMO, and they should be supported whenever possible.

smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

in that case then, they do need to change the format...i wouldnt mind paying like a buck a song as long as i could get it and not wait 3 hours for it to download.

i've never d/l'ed commercial stuff off napster.

a dollar a song, thats insane. ill send you my bill of all the songs i download for the month

------------------

Hehehe. I'm personally not too afraid...... music will find a way to flow and thrive, even if Napster isn't the crackpipe used to do so. All of the hardcore, modem-wield geeks out there used BBSs "back in the day" to get pr0n; people still use IRC now to trade software, music, pr0n and other goodies normally charged for.

All it takes is a bit of coordination -- hell, you get all CNYCers together, pool all unique CDs, buy one or two 80 GB hard drives. Slip those drives into a computer sitting on a residental DSL / educational T-1/T-3 line, rip and encode all the songs to those drives over the course of a few weeks, yer good to go. And if you distribute the workload amongst people who have burner/ripper gear and the bandwidth to upload quickly to the host server, you cut that build-out time by an order of magnitude.

The RIAA shouldn't be worried about Napster. They should be worried about its successor...... when music-swapping goes distributed, you're gonna see a lot of music execs reaching for their Pepto.

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

AIM: vvRMR , EMAIL: vejita1975@hotmail.com

http://www.napster.com/speakout/

How You Can Support Napster Today

Communicate with Congress to ask their help in preventing Napster from being shut down.

Tell your friends to communicate with congress and to stay tuned to this page for other ways the Community can help us stay alive.

Join the Napster Action Network where you and other Napster members can take action on behalf of Napster at the local and national level.

Write the major record companies and let them know that you're a music fan and you support Napster. Click on the Labels Page to get their addresses or write an email that we'll pass along for you.

Share your story with Napster. Write to us at decision@napster.com and tell us why you like Napster.

Discuss the issues with other members of the Napster Community in our Forums.

Stay connected to the Napster Community by running the Napster application even when you're not actively searching for MP3s or communicating with other Community members.

Hear what some of the biggest names in the music business have to say in support of Napster on the Artists Page.

------------------

sig.gif

http://liz.isfamous.com

Yeah, there something else like napster, beuty part is you need Napster to use this.

The name is Napigator!

How does it work? well its something like huge FTP network.

I quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO USE NAPIGATOR

Using Napigator is simple. Here's a brief introduction.

Start up Napigator by double-clicking its file in Explorer. When Napigator starts up, there will be a brief pause while it downloads a list of servers from the Internet. Please make sure you are connected to the Internet before starting Napigator.

Once you see the list of servers, the download is done, and you can now double-click the server you want to connect to. If you have Napster running, it will switch your servers for you automatically. If you do not, start Napster up and it will use your chosen server. It's as simple as that.

If for some reason you decide you would like to go back to letting Napster choose a server for you, simply close Napigator and restart Napster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you can find more info about this http://www.napigator.com/

Even you can run a Napigator server

Well have fun with it biggrin.gif

Or you could get audiognome at http://www.audiognome.com/ .

It allows you to connect to all of the servers napigator does plus many more, all at once! You can be connected to as many servers as you have sockets.

Also, it doesn't use napster! It uses it's own software which supports resuming and searches within searches, as well as search results that have more than 100 hits (unlike Napsuck). Go try it... you might like it.

Although if you really like Napster (some do), napigator is the way to go.

------------------

ani_twee.gif

"I OWN DJ Mike D'R. NOW"

DarthTweetz.jpg

Like petp said.. I use napster to download stuff I cannot find in stores.. I buy all the regular cd's because it's easier to buy them then download and burn... If all this club music was available in stores right away, and not in bootleg crapy copies sold for 5 dollars with the names spelled wrong, I'd buy them!!!! But I dont' wanna buy crap on the street that has very low quality and old club stuff on it.. I want the new ones..