Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit or Twilo...Not a Debate...Just a Question?

Originally posted by trippintrance64:

Twilo, hands down

If that's the case..then I want to round everyone up and let's all boycott Twiro..those bastards..I totally feel sorry for those peeps in the pic...they all look so nice..then again they do seem to be hanging amongst themselves. Let us all move to Limelight..Peter Gatien will be so happy..he's the kinda ownership we can all respect..let us al;l go..down with Twiro..

Originally posted by rachel1997:

since when does twilo serve food...

Then maybe its the Secret Dimsum Room in Exit...either way...it is a disgrace...and I want to be envolved in the boycott...but please tell me where to go instead of Exit or Twilo...because that wouldnt be right...especially since four people got thrown out for being in the wrong place at the wrong time...I mean for being Asian.

Originally posted by yummy1:

Then maybe its the Secret Dimsum Room in Exit...either way...it is a disgrace...and I want to be envolved in the boycott...but please tell me where to go instead of Exit or Twilo...because that wouldnt be right...especially since four people got thrown out for being in the wrong place at the wrong time...I mean for being Asian.

Are you a bouncer at Twilo by any chance?

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Are you a bouncer at Twilo by any chance?

Did my name give that away... honestly why isnt it possible that these people got thrown out of exit or twilo for the mere fact that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. When an area of a club is filled with a certain race or type of person...and the bouncers are in that area looking to toss people...the outcome is evident.

Did my name give that away... honestly why isnt it possible that these people got thrown out of exit or twilo for the mere fact that they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. When an area of a club is filled with a certain race or type of person...and the bouncers are in that area looking to toss people...the outcome is evident.

When you go to a resteraunt and buy a meal, should you be able to get thrown out half way through for no reason?

NO. What has happened here IMO is blueangel's freinds are victims of Twilo's drugs policies. They FUCKED UP big time with people in closets etc, now paying customers are paying the price for the managements or the bouncers stupidity. If it's the boucers then the managment, as their employees, should take the blame.

So, do you understand now?

When you go to a resteraunt and buy a meal, should you be able to get thrown out half way through for no reason?

NO. What has happened here IMO is blueangel's freinds are victims of Twilo's drugs policies. They FUCKED UP big time with people in closets etc, now paying customers are paying the price for the managements or the bouncers stupidity. If it's the boucers then the managment, as their employees, should take the blame.

So, do you understand now?

But if they have to take certain measures to enusre that their club stays open and some people have to get "run over" or pissed off along the way...that is how it is. It is quite evident that there are many people who truly dont like Asians in clubs (for whatever reason)...and if such mgmt/bouncer behavior will discourage Asians from coming then the club will either be less crowded (which isnt a bad thing for Twilo) or filled up with people who will get along better and not create a tense atmosphere. I am not pointing fingers at Asians or anyone else (and this thread did start out as a joke)...but if a club has to clean up its act and they think certain things/people have or will cause it to continue down the same negative path, they will take certain measures to ensure it wont happen even if it is not justified...justification is not there concern.

Also, the comparison to the restaurant is senseless, because in a club people are involved in illegal activities, most prominently, selling or taking drugs...in a restaurant, this is generally not going to be the case. However, if a restaurant had bad experiences with a certain group of people...say not paying the check or giving the staff a hard time, etc...it might not be fair to place these actions on the whole race...but the restaurant might do certain things to not accomodate certain people.

I understand what you are saying, but these people WEREN'T and HAVEN'T taken drugs.

So it's like police pulling over Black men because a large percentage of crime is caused by young Black men. You can't do it, it's called DISCRIMINATION. Every person is an individual we do not all act the same because we have a certain colour skin or religion.

So what has happened is that a mistake was made, the Twilo people didn't handle it very well and infact made the problem worse.

The restaurant example was to illustrate a basic premise, that if you are punished for doing nothing then that is an injustice. Yes you are right a restaurant is not a club, but it is a business and as such should treat it's customers with respect.

Bouncers at Twilo are messing up on a regular basis and, again as unsatisfied customer Casey has a right to complain. If you complained at another business and were treated the same as Casey would you be pissed off? I think you would, and rightly so.

Casey as a customer doesn't have to think about the problems the club has GOT IT'S SELF INTO.

IMHO.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

I understand what you are saying, but these people WEREN'T and HAVEN'T taken drugs.

So it's like police pulling over Black men because a large percentage of crime is caused by young Black men. You can't do it, it's called DISCRIMINATION. Every person is an individual we do not all act the same because we have a certain colour skin or religion.

So what has happened is that a mistake was made, the Twilo people didn't handle it very well and infact made the problem worse.

The restaurant example was to illustrate a basic premise, that if you are punished for doing nothing then that is an injustice. Yes you are right a restaurant is not a club, but it is a business and as such should treat it's customers with respect.

Bouncers at Twilo are messing up on a regular basis and, again as unsatisfied customer Casey has a right to complain. If you complained at another business and were treated the same as Casey would you be pissed off? I think you would, and rightly so.

Casey as a customer doesn't have to think about the problems the club has GOT IT'S SELF INTO.

IMHO.

Then, I agree with her that she and those who are in the same boat shouldnt go until either the dust settles, management changes, etc... we all know that complaining and trying to start a boycott is not going to impact anything...especially in a business as shady as clubs. The history of the industry is flooded with controversy whether because of the owners, patrons, drugs, other crimes, etc...and this is just another brick in the wall.

On the other hand, if she (or others) dont go because of the recent activity, nothing is really going to change other than that these people are not going to hear the music/DJ's that they are so attached to. The club will ultimately not lose any money and the place will remain the same...but if management feels that by tossing asians or whomever is on the shit list will enhance the club and they get to a point where they dont feel a need to do these things anymore, such behavior will stop and overall the club will have a better feel to it.

I know I have rambled on a lot here...but if you can get down to the nitty gritty of what I am saying, I believe that my point is very relative.

Then, I agree with her that she and those who are in the same boat shouldnt go until either the dust settles, management changes, etc... we all know that complaining and trying to start a boycott is not going to impact anything...especially in a business as shady as clubs. The history of the industry is flooded with controversy whether because of the owners, patrons, drugs, other crimes, etc...and this is just another brick in the wall.

On the other hand, if she (or others) dont go because of the recent activity, nothing is really going to change other than that these people are not going to hear the music/DJ's that they are so attached to. The club will ultimately not lose any money and the place will remain the same...but if management feels that by tossing asians or whomever is on the shit list will enhance the club and they get to a point where they dont feel a need to do these things anymore, such behavior will stop and overall the club will have a better feel to it.

I know I have rambled on a lot here...but if you can get down to the nitty gritty of what I am saying, I believe that my point is very relative.

Yeh i agree with you, i have said to Casey the best way to deal with it is not deal with Twilo.

That's why we have contacted some magazines and they are going to publish a letter from Casey. Consumers deserve to be in control of all the facts, then they can make there own desicions.

BTW, i thought this was going to go down hill. Thanks for keeping it real smile.gif

BTW, i thought this was going to go down hill. Thanks for keeping it real smile.gif

No problem...I believe we both have good points and I hope all goes well with whatever happens...

Its pretty funny though how people can hold an intelligent convo. when all preconceived notions are out the window.

Someone must know...because I feel bad that happened and I will boycott both of those clubs based on the fact that these four upstanding asian ravers in sheeps clothes were ousted from Exit or Twilo. Which one is blueangel? The fat one? Is that mitchell in the back...otherwise I cant figure any of this out and I really want to go out on Friday and Saturday but dont want to offend anyone that got thrown out of a club for being a non-drug using asian promoter.

Twilo, hands down cwm4.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"We where somewhere in the desert, near barstow....when the drugs began to kick in" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

-----"ALOT OF BEER ALOT OF GIRLS AND ALOT OF CURSIN', .22 AUTOMATIC ON MY PERSON." -Beastie Boys

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

Twilo.Energy.jpg

AIM: fantom0680