Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ATT: B2B, Dirtyslapper & other expats

Help!?!?

I fly into LAX and see Asahi Super Dry, one of my favourite beers, on sale and purchase...only to discover it's brewed under license in Canada and tastes watery compared to the Asahi Super Dry I drank in Sydney b4 I flew over..... cwm8.gif

What local beers stack up well (in Alcohol %)compared to Heinekinne, or Becks or Stella, I'm already struggling with the exchange rate let alone having to drink imported beer all the time!?!!? cwm13.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

I feel your pain!!!! LOL, when i first got here i started on Bud. Now Bud in England is drinkable it's 5%. Here it's 3 and tastes like shit.

I can get Stella in Chicago, you should be able to find it there. Becks is ok over here as well. But Heiniken isn't the same, it's sweeter than in England.

Stella cost me $6.99 for a 6'er and it's the same stuff you will be used to.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Shit i got so excited i didn't answer you..

I haven't found a domestic that is drinkable. Some of my freinds drink mexican largers but i don't know which ones are best.

I would be interested to find out if there is one, because i have been through most of them and yuck.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

oh it's a hard lesson to learn, isn't it, that all the rumours were true and american beer is piss....

actually it's not true at all - just don't drink any of the mainstream tosh. microbrews are the way forward. Most of the lager is crap although Sam Adams keeps winning loads of medals (but that might not be for their lager...) I can also get stella here - you just have to find a decent liquor store.

it's no good asking me really I was forced to give up drinking beer here and had to resort to Stoli as my preferred tipple. (OK I drink Sierra Nevada when I drink beer)

[This message has been edited by dirtyslapper (edited 02-13-2001).]

Originally posted by dirtyslapper:

actually it's not true at all - just don't drink any of the mainstream tosh. microbrews are the way forward. Most of the lager is crap although Sam Adams keeps winning loads of medals.

Yuck... i carn't drink them either... the ones i have tried are too sweet, there again i only tried goose Island.

oy, an oilcan'll set ya right, mate! actually, sierra nevada is about the only really drinkable swill on my native shore...the brit beers are nothing like in europe, and becks (except dark) is horsepiss as well. Keeps me drinking gin, bourbon, scotch, and wine.

ichi - foster's, australian for 'bud' cwm4.gif

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

Can you get Tetleys in NY?

It's ok if served well, it's like Guiness if it's the wrong temprature or pulled wrong it's horrible.

Oh and it needs finings in it for that traditional Yorkshire, fish gut's flavour wink.gif

------------------

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by matta:

a wise man has spoken.....

I have my moments...albeit fleeting moments given the few brain cells I have left wink.gif

and Dirty...now now :P

------------------

hapfac01.gif ...............trying to find somewhere to live so I can go to Coxy & DT!---------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com