Clubplanet Nightlife Community

defining Gatecrasher?

myrlin

Was gonna tell my friend about Gatecrasher but he doesn't really know much abou the music in the scene.

Any suggestions of an easy definition?

smile.gif

------------------

blacksunrising2.gif

"The light, the glimmering light of her eyes, the shining exuberance of hope, the sparkling smile, Thats Life"

bknight.gif

Well this is what I know about it:

Gatecrasher is a nightclub somewhere in the UK, and they have an impressive lineup of world class DJs, much what like Twilo can bring forth. What they have done now is not really go on tour, but more like franchised out, to nightspots all over the world. So they have monthly residencies at Limelight, Transit in Philly, Stereo (I think) in Montreal, and so on. You can look up more about them at www.gatecrasher.com . They haven't updated their site in a while, but it will give you an idea about where they spin and who their DJs are.

Hope this helps out, Grand Wizard.

------------------

ShieldAnimation.gif

SUPERHIGHMAY

AOL: Highmay9

Napster: Jayme

i believe the main gatecrasher club is in sheffield in the U.K.. They also have a location in Ibiza, from what I understand.

They have a bunch of DJs who spin worldwide- I think Guy Ornadel is their man at limelight altho the first iteration involved someone else. Like the earlier poster wrote, Gatecrasher attracts some pretty sick talent- for instance, i know PVD and Tiesto are going to be there sometime soon.

Ok yeh it's in a club called the Republic in Sheffield (where the Full Monty was filmed).

They have recently (allong with their main rival Cream) changed there music and door policy.

They are moving towards a more progressive sound and away from PvD style Trance. But they generaly still have 2 hour set's by there DJ's (sometimes 6 hour set's). It's only open till 6 but there are loads of afters places in Sheffied.

Gatecrasher is on the comercial side of UK clubbing. The club holds about 2500 people, and it is pretty impressive. They have long metal walkways over part or the club and a balcolny all the way round the main dancefloor. Sound system is OK, but the space wasn't made for quality sound (unlike Ministry which was designed by the music college and has a Phazon system).

What fucks it up is the attitude. They have recently changed their door policy because the crasherkids were getting out of hand. They would turn there back on the crowd if they didn't feel they were making an effort. You would get shit from people if you didn't wear cyber gear. Lot's of peole with mutzubishi tatoo's and TUNE cards.

They have a small room off the main room that plays house, and playstations and a chill out area on the balcolny.

They also own Bed in Shefield, which is more house oriantated.

Hope that helps.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF