Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are there any good Dj's outside of Twilo??

Originally posted by dszorro:

Yo back2baisics,

I hear you on what you are saying.

but i judge a DJ on his ability to produce

music as well. Like Timo Mass, and Mauro Picotto. Those are the guys. They spin their own shit and are Good DJ's. Sasha Digweed

Oakenfold, Tiesto, PVD they know what each crowd wants to hear and they give it to them.

That's just how i grade em.

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

Hey fella, look at the names i listed.. then add MAW, Vega, Nu-Yorkian Soul, Todd Terry.. then look at what they have PRODUCED under all their different names.. compare that to Timo Maas and then come back and tell me who is the best producer.. again if it's production or DJing New York has the highest concentration of the world best. And if it havn't have been for the above Timo would be working in McDonalds. Shit Morales, Vega, Sanchez, Todd Terry WERE house music for 5 years. There wasn't anything else worth listening to.

Serious people should respect these names, most of them are moving to the UK because they don't get the respect of money they deserve here. NY is been drained of it's best producers and DJ's. It's mad.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Go check out DJ Navdeep at Mutiny at the Cooler on the 23rd, don't worry you can still make it in plenty of time for Sasha and Digweed.

Navdeep plays drum n bass with a mix of jungle, hip hop and Indian music...he's really good...nobody, well maybe Talvin Singh, plays the music he does..

------------------

Slowly..slowly..act like you know me...

Originally posted by back2basics-:

you could go to a bar somewhere and here a DJ that is every bit as good as the big names.

most people don't go to see S&D, PvD etc (probably excluding DT) for there mixing skills.. most people in Twilo or any club for that mater have no idea if they are good or not or when the mix is in or when it's the tune.

People go because they have herd of Sasha or PvD. But there are better Dj's out there, they are just working there way up. Things allways progress and the new DJ's will be better. Some of them are now, but like a good band they need to gig and get known first.

Let's face it people like Q-Bert have much more skill than Digweed, even Cox et al. But the big names get their records maybe 6 months before everybody else.. so the have the competative edge.

Look at people like Yousef, that 25 year old kid has as many skils as good a tune selection as any house DJ i have known... 2 years ago nobody had herd of him. And i would say most people here havn't... but you will... oh yes you will.

And if one of the DJ's plays a new mix of a song that either they have done or is a one off... 99% of people (including myself now) wouldn't know.. because the only way you could know is to be familiar with what's out there OR stand on watch his hands and, if he hasn't cover the labels, check them too.

Q-bert is amazing!!!!! I didn't know you liked him too!

------------------

Slowly..slowly..act like you know me...

YO Dszorro.....let me put a niggah on the spot!!! U tell me u going to ur first rave this sat....no huh,,,Then u tell me you will leave twilo whatever time i left...nope! Then u post this shit lookin for dj's outside twilo.....

All im saying is as your brother....be there this saturday....C.Lawrence, Dave Ralph, Spacegirl...yes spacegirl....Pleasurehead...and more.....cant wait for you to ask me for that first hit of vicks!!! PLUR!

------------------

peacehand.gif

"Ravers dont stumble and fall....

...we TRIP and ROLL"

btbweave.gif

Yo

exit2heaven

scroll up dude.

i said OTHER THAN RAVES!!!

night clubs. not raves man.

I agree with the line ups that yo all are throwing at me, but PVD, Sasha, Digweed, Cox,

Danny T, Seb Fontaine, Nick Warren, and many others. They have 8 of the top 20 Dj's in the world that spin there Regularly.

and many others in the top 50. I wanna know if there's any other club out there that can offer me that??? outside of Liquids and Ibiza.. In ny

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

Originally posted by sdm1976:

Q-bert is amazing!!!!! I didn't know you liked him too!

Well it's not my kind of thing, but i have much respect for him..

What he does on the 1's & 2's is nothing short of amazing.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

b2b - you are right on as usual.

as for other good dj's outside twilo, there are plenty! just look at this friday for example, hybrid with a live dj set at twirl and micro at limelight! just go to a record shop and check out all of the flyers and talk to people to find out what big parties are going on at various clubs.