Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Are there any good Dj's outside of Twilo??

Other than the obvious givens, JP, JV,JV,

DT, and TD. (no disrespect to those guys.)

they are regulars, and they are sick dj's

But it seems that if you want to hear world renound DJ's you have to go to Twilo.

Once upon a time Tiesto spun at the factory.

and a few pop up here there, and other clubs. but I keep going back to Twilo

b/c they book the best Dj's. is there anywhere else????

my o my, yes!

i follow the rave scene, myself, and you can't miss space girl!!! she's hard acid trance, so if you like the lighter stuff you might not like her, but she's out of this world (nudge nudge) to me and my favorite performer - she plays live sets. i also like dj x-dream, micro, and a lot of the djs that raves pull in less frequently, like sandra collins, dj funk, and a whole lot of others.

find rave flyers and go!

i like spacegirl too, but she's not a dj

there definetly are good dj's outside twilo.. then again this also depends on what you enjoy music wise.. i think its safe to say that generally the most technically superior dj's are at twilo. even if you like a lot of nyc trance which many do, none of those dj's are in the same league technically programming the set and mixing it throughout. you won't find nyc dj's holding mixes for days like sasha and diggers do

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Sandra Collins @ Tunnel this Sunday. I'm torn between her and going to CC&DT @ Twi. frown.gif

------------------

..The judge said: "Son, what is your alibi? If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die." Well I said not a word. Though it meant my life, for I'd been in the arms of my best friends wife.

Duuuude your crushing my head!

twilo.jpg

Originally posted by weyes:

my o my, yes!

i follow the rave scene, myself, and you can't miss space girl!!! she's hard acid trance, so if you like the lighter stuff you might not like her, but she's out of this world (nudge nudge) to me and my favorite performer - she plays live sets. i also like dj x-dream, micro, and a lot of the djs that raves pull in less frequently, like sandra collins, dj funk, and a whole lot of others.

find rave flyers and go!

omg...where did you come from...ive had dreams about you....named just about all of my favorite djs...Ill looking forward to the day i will be able to catch a micro/x-dream double team on a weakly basis....i can dream cant i? ...they are the bomb...myth-is is pretty hot 2...Parties are the way to go...just got to find the flyers and check out the line ups...

------------------

glow.jpg

Do you Fuck as well as you Dance???

you could go to a bar somewhere and here a DJ that is every bit as good as the big names.

most people don't go to see S&D, PvD etc (probably excluding DT) for there mixing skills.. most people in Twilo or any club for that mater have no idea if they are good or not or when the mix is in or when it's the tune.

People go because they have herd of Sasha or PvD. But there are better Dj's out there, they are just working there way up. Things allways progress and the new DJ's will be better. Some of them are now, but like a good band they need to gig and get known first.

Let's face it people like Q-Bert have much more skill than Digweed, even Cox et al. But the big names get their records maybe 6 months before everybody else.. so the have the competative edge.

Look at people like Yousef, that 25 year old kid has as many skils as good a tune selection as any house DJ i have known... 2 years ago nobody had herd of him. And i would say most people here havn't... but you will... oh yes you will.

And if one of the DJ's plays a new mix of a song that either they have done or is a one off... 99% of people (including myself now) wouldn't know.. because the only way you could know is to be familiar with what's out there OR stand on watch his hands and, if he hasn't cover the labels, check them too.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Originally posted by dszorro:

Originally posted by tyco:

I agree with Sineil.....Watch our for Limelight come March......can anyone say Jeff Mills residency?...uh oh.... eek.gif

Mikey

I dont trust limelight. Tiesto was supposed to be there on March 3rd. What happened to that???

he still is

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

yes there`s plenty ... off the rave scene... I cant believe my eyes that I actually see some ppl that like X-dream here.... I thought this was just a forum devoted to progressive and that kinda stuff ....

anyway, for whoever asked .. u guys heard of the devotional ministry of trance?

------------------

ecstasy_pill15.jpg

i agree with you. outside of twilo, there really are no talemnted dj's, except for dt. i mean, draper, boris, mills, vicious, even JP. none of them have real talent. just know how to move a drugged up crowd, which is not too difficult. stick with twilo. the vibe is indescribeable.

Originally posted by 29bunkrolls:

i agree with you. outside of twilo, there really are no talemnted dj's, except for dt. i mean, draper, boris, mills, vicious, even JP. none of them have real talent. just know how to move a drugged up crowd, which is not too difficult. stick with twilo. the vibe is indescribeable.

You have NO IDEA!!! What about Rodger Sanchez (probably one of the top 5 skilled DJ's in the world), Choo Choo, Morillo.. oh and a NODBODY called David Morales..

You my freind, no offence as it IS fact, have no idea.

NY has the highest concentration of GREAT DJ's in the world and the only people who don't 'get it' are people who live in NY.

AND you say the only people like Jeff Mills are only respected by drugged up crowds but you respect TWILO!!! WTF, come on as far as i can see TWILO and soundfactory are FULL of people on drugs?!? SOrry but you have MISSED what music and tallent are about.

Sorry to the people who DO get it.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

Subliminal @ Centro-Fly thursdays pulls in some of the best Dj's(Morales, Sneak, Morillo, little louie vega, etc)every week. That crowd definetely appreciates the mixes these guys pull.

------------------

"Wherever you go, there you are."

AND TWILO ISNT A DRUGGED UP CROWD, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

JEFF MILLS!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant fawkin wait. i love dat man. he is gonna blow new york up when he starts spinning at LL.

------------------

0524a.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pistol packin, monkey drinkin, no money bum, im from jersey cause that's where im from!!!!

AOL J303J

Yo back2baisics,

I hear you on what you are saying.

but i judge a DJ on his ability to produce

music as well. Like Timo Mass, and Mauro Picotto. Those are the guys. They spin their own shit and are Good DJ's. Sasha Digweed

Oakenfold, Tiesto, PVD they know what each crowd wants to hear and they give it to them.

That's just how i grade em.

peace, love, and double stacked zorros!!

You're a dumbass.

------------------

handya.gifjefmils1.gifhandya.gif

HELLO PEOPLE, Have you ever heard of CENTRO-FLY??? (Morillo, Sanchez, Humpfries, Carter, Farina) That is the most ignorant question ive seen up here for a long time (and there is a lot of competition for that one)

On this board the question should be more like, has anyone here ever been anywhere except for twilo. (and sf and exit)

dont be stuck in a rut

Peace,

Michael

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"