gotta love nascar smile.gif

lol

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by highmay:

For real this is totally dreadful. That man was a international figure and for him to die so young is just unfair.

Yeah well millions of people die everyday... I think thats alot sadder then him dying. How about the thousands of children that are abused everyday ? He's one man....

------------------

This information is not intended to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drug(s) you are taking, check with your health care professional. This information is provided as a guide only.

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

ketamine.jpg

*sigh* i spoke too soon, i see . . .

i cannot *believe* this happened - Dale Earnhardt Sr. frown.gif The Earnhardt family was the first set of drivers i ever payed any attention to - my brother is ab so lutely crushed.

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by e-tarded:

Yeah well millions of people die everyday... I think thats alot sadder then him dying. How about the thousands of children that are abused everyday ? He's one man....

He's one man, with a family. His son came in second in the same race...he was an internationally known figure at the top of his chosen profession (7 time champion, driver and car owner), and an advocate for a sport that has become one of the most popular in the U.S. He was also a contributor to charitable causes, including the Ride for Kids. The wreck that killed him was also being watched by an audience of several million, some of whom are kids who may or may not die themselves, sometime in the next year - or have to deal with the death of someone close to them. So yes, he is one man, but as a public figure, he means more than just that to a great number of people.

That was pretty fucking harsh of you, e-tard. I am certain if this were your favorite DJ, or your dad, you'd have a slightly different reaction. I'm not saying to change yer mind based on how I feel...but at least be decent in your manner about it.

ichi

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

I can't think of a more absurd sport than auto racing. it's such a big swinging dick sport. fast cars, burning gas, loud and noisy, pollution everywhere. How can that be a great thing? Sure it takes talent, but it is absolutely the most environmentally damaging 'sport' I've ever heard of.

But, with that said, it's always a tragedy when somebody dies in such a high profile way. But, everyone in the sport knows it's high risk and high stakes, so the fact that this happened is no surprise. but, still tragic for his family and those who benefited from his charity.

------------------

DM

foto_nova_lahev.jpg

Originally posted by dmgreenz:

I can't think of a more absurd sport than auto racing. it's such a big swinging dick sport. fast cars, burning gas, loud and noisy, pollution everywhere. How can that be a great thing? Sure it takes talent, but it is absolutely the most environmentally damaging 'sport' I've ever heard of.

"There are only three true sports; bull fighting, mountain climbing, and automobile racing. The rest are just games."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Apparently you've not heard of Golf, with its chemically created lush green lawns... or baseball, or football, same? Or is this a manifestation of the belief that motor racing is a "hick" or "redneck" sport? Read up on Formula 1, or CART, or Grands Prix racing...motor sports, in spite of environmental detriment, are the best funded events in the world, and motorsports as a whole has either a rival or larger audience than soccer (true football), which would make it the most popular in the world. Big swinging dick sport, maybe, but still a valid sport.

But, with that said, it's always a tragedy when somebody dies in such a high profile way. But, everyone in the sport knows it's high risk and high stakes, so the fact that this happened is no surprise. but, still tragic for his family and those who benefited from his charity.

As a firefighter or cop dying on the job should be no surprise? I may not have been getting saved from that fire, but it is still a loss to the community. As a firefighter and a human being, I feel that loss. I may not have been driving the car, nor directly related to the man, nor even a fan of his, yet to myself and many others it still is a tragedy - without the qualifications you insist upon. As an erstwhile racer and a human being, I feel that loss, too.

It is unbelieveable to me, that people so self-professedly caring, liberal, and open, can turn so hard-hearted when oh it's just some redneck in a fast smelly noisy car. cwm23.gif

ichi

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

I'm not saying his death isnt a tragedy to his family, but he's a person not a god to be put on a pedestal. Lose of life is no laughing matter, but its not something that we should glorify. He will receive more attention in the media then the starving child who lives next door to you.

------------------

This information is not intended to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the drug(s) you are taking, check with your health care professional. This information is provided as a guide only.

~*P*L*U*R*~

Four Simple Words To Live By....

ketamine.jpg

I think your going a lot further than the meaning of my message. All i said was that even though I think racing is a ridiculous sport, the loss is still a tragedy.

I also think Golf is absurd. As you can tell, I'm not a big sports fan. ;-) And, even though it may be the most widely partronized sport, that doesn't make it valid. think of that in terms of music. . boy bands or other low-talents. they are huge, but does that make their music better? not to my ears. big followship doesn't imply validty.

You point out those races are widely and generously sponsored? By who? Budweiser and cigarette companies - not my two favorite industries. They aren't quite corporate model citizens. I lost the top half of your message.

Firefighter or cop? COme on, that's not fair. Those people don't do it for the money or the fame, like many professional sports figures. They are public servants, looking after the health of society. Being in a glory sport is not the same. Being a mountain climber is not the same. Being a professional wrestler is not the same.

As E-tarded said, multitudes die every day in more tragic ways - often out of their control. It's just the high profile deaths that grab the heart of the nation. In my book,it has nothing to do with redneck this or hillbilly that.

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

As a firefighter or cop dying on the job should be no surprise? I may not have been getting saved from that fire, but it is still a loss to the community. As a firefighter and a human being, I feel that loss. I may not have been driving the car, nor directly related to the man, nor even a fan of his, yet to myself and many others it still is a tragedy - without the qualifications you insist upon. As an erstwhile racer and a human being, I feel that loss, too.

It is unbelieveable to me, that people so self-professedly caring, liberal, and open, can turn so hard-hearted when oh it's just some redneck in a fast smelly noisy car. cwm23.gif

ichi

------------------

DM

foto_nova_lahev.jpg

ITZ SAD HE DIED. THATZ LIKE THE 3RD WELL KNOWN DRIVER 2 DIE IN LESS THAN A YEAR. RACING IZ A SHITTY SPORT. THEY R IN THE SAME PHYSICAL CONDITION AZ FRIGGEN PROFESSIONAL BOWLERZ. ITZ JUST WAY 2 BORING 2 WATCH. BUT, I'M INTO SPORTZ NOT CARZ SO I'M A LITTLE BIASED. AND NO IT IZ NO MORE OF A SPORT THAN PLAYING CHESS OR A VIDEO GAME.