Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC club questions

Hello to the BIG APPLE from Chicago!

My pals and I are heading out to NYC in early May, and I wanted an little inside information on the scene. I came there once and saw Twilo and Sound Factory. Twilo was ok, but kinda dead (I think I was there too early...between 11 and 2 AM). Sound Factory was still under construction.

1) Did they get the remodeling done on Sound Factory?

2) Is Limelight any good for a fanatic of trance and deep house?

3) Are there any ways to avoid cover charges at Limelight?

4) Any other places I should check out to see some good DJs playing some progressive music? I don't want to hear trendy music.

5) Is Webster Hall worth a visit? Ive heard some of the CDs.

6) I'm 27 and I heard Webster Hall is an underage club. Would I be able to get in?

I know this looks like a lot, but I know the Chi-town scene pretty well. Now I need help from you NYC clubbers so I can get to know the scene.

PLUR

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.d-jam.com" TARGET=_blank> djamfooter.gif </A>

This is all just my opinion. Other's will vary ;-)

Webster Hall - Don't Bother.

Twilo - great place, but yes you were there too early. Check www.twilo.com for dates/listings.

No idea about Sound Factory but I'd assume so.

I'd also sugest checking out Vinyl.

-Oo

------------------

I am NOT a fag hag. I'm a fairy princess.

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen

1.) remodelling is done. go check it out, its aiight.

2.) its ok depending on whats going on that night. it might be too early to tell about whats going on there in may

3.) do u know peter gatien? if not, u gotta pay.

4.) vinyl and twilo

5.) webster hall isnt a club, its a tourist attraction. dont bother.

6.) sure u could get in, but why bother.

Definitely check out Sound Factory...the place is hot now. Webster Hall is ok but kinda trendy and as for Limelight it can be great but depends on the night you go. You gotta know somebody to get out of the cover charge so yo uare outta luck there. Maybe if you go with like 15 people under a promoter they might comp some of you. try it. cwm41.gif

------------------

I'm going to a pretty place where the flowers grow...I'll be back in an hour or so. I always tell the truth, even when I lie. Ecstasy is god!

no-no....Webster hall is not the place to be.

cwm32.gif It's def a tourist attraction and there will be no hard beats there!

BTW, no club is off-da-hook pre 2am~IT IS F**KING NYC!!!! cwm35.gif

check these out....

Twilo

Sound Factory

Exit

Vinyl

Unless your'e famous or know someone important...your'e paying! cwm1.gif

PEACE!

Chrissy