Clubplanet Nightlife Community

house remixes of sad songs

weyes

i love the intense results that come from making upbeat house remixes of sad songs. that intense contrast goes beyond bittersweet into something much more powerful, to me.

right now, though, the only two examples of that i can think of are somebody's remix of toni braxton's "unbreak my heart," and nikki french's version of "total eclipse of the heart," and i don't really like either one... can anyone throw out a good example? i need to hear some more of these; i'm really jonesin' right now.

yea, i hear ya, love that house music! heres some great sad songs with a housy feel

1. Blondie - nothing is real but the girl )(danny tenaglia remix)

2. Cher - all or nothing (tenaglia remix)

3. Everything but the girl - 5 fathoms (club 69 remix)

4. Miro - Paradise

5. rui da silva - touch me (vocal mix)

6. everything but the girl - missing (atb mix)

7. johnny vicious - violent suicides

8. paul oakenfold - live in havana (the best essential mix ever, its mellow, but it melts your heart..)

enjoy! -mike

------------------

perf_russ.gif

-U menya seychas odna problema, nauchit tebya dvigat telom-

i love dt's remix of the blondie song. touch me ia another song i really like. oakeys set in havana is my fav one of his. i listen to it all the time. cwm4.gif

------------------

0524a.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pimp by blood not by relation.

AOL J303J

Originally posted by weyes:

i love the intense results that come from making upbeat house remixes of sad songs. that intense contrast goes beyond bittersweet into something much more powerful, to me.

right now, though, the only two examples of that i can think of are somebody's remix of toni braxton's "unbreak my heart," and nikki french's version of "total eclipse of the heart," and i don't really like either one... can anyone throw out a good example? i need to hear some more of these; i'm really jonesin' right now.

I totally agree. There's something about the dance mixes of sad songs that makes them more emotional. A lot of the vocals that jonathan peters plays are like that. The last few weeks I remember a remix of a sad old slow song from the 80s -- the chorus is "it's all a dream to me." But I can't remember who sang it. And the remix of the song by the beatles that goes "all the lonely people." Also dj tiesto's remix of silence by delirium with sarah mclaughlin, and the everything but the girl song that goes "i don't want you to want me"

I know there's more but that's all I can think of right now

Originally posted by j303j:

i love dt's remix of the blondie song. touch me ia another song i really like. oakeys set in havana is my fav one of his. i listen to it all the time. cwm4.gif

"Turn it around babe....."

------------------

Can you feel that rhythm moving through your system?