Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Eminem performing with Elton John

did u hear people gasp when they blocked out his words?

they missed some curses smile.gif

and btw, at the end, was he giving the finger???

not bad, dido sings better, but that was a crazy performance...

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif

was it just me or did it sound like people werent feelin eminem while he was preforming, i could of sworn someone kept yelling "shutup!" anyone else hear this? wutever, he was robbed of the album of the year award, who the hell were these guys that got that in the end? im sure the reason they won has nutin to do with the fact that they're getting inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame next month. I didnt think elton john sounded that great, Dido would have been 10 thousands times better, but i guess they had to be political. yea he did give the middle finger at the end, wut else would u expect from eminem preforming for a room full of industry execs, pop stars, and the media. cwm7.gif

------------------

om_th.jpg

Elton John is the biggest fucking sellout in the world for performing with that moron... Here you have Elton John, a rock and roll icon and publicly gay man, performing with a flash in the pan wannabe rapper who openly condems all that Elton John is... What a sellout loser Elton John is....I wonder how much money Eminem slid him under the table to perform with him. FUCKING PATHETIC. I'll never watch the Grammys again...

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

2/10 - Club Deep, Long Island

2/17 - Slopes, Hunter Mountain

2/24 - Arena, Albany NY

2/28 - Cheetah, NYC

3/10 - Webster Hall, NYC

3/17 - Club Deep, LI

3/24 - Shadow Lounge, Miami

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by xhead68:

I just turned on the Grammy's and hear that Elton John and Eminem performed already.

Now this was the only fuckin' thing i wanted to see. What was it like? please give me what you people can remember?

Nope! ...that was the last perormance ...it was great!

------------------

signature.gif

I like Elton John but singing rap...no. The organizers left out Dido and her great voice to calm the protesters outside the center. Please, how much more hypocritical can these awards get??

The more controversy Eminem generates, the more his record sells and the more $ in his pocket. Do you really think either one of them cared about singing w/ each othere? PLEA$E

my dos centavos

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

First of all Elton John is not a sellout. I commend him for the risk he took performing with Eminem and the strong impact he made on everyone who watched. EVERYONE was talking about this performance and it was stirring up controversy and that is what art is when it's done right.

I am gay and I personally do not care for Eminem or his music, but I respect his right to say what is on his mind and he does comment on what is happening in society and again that is what art is when it's done right. He is just not for me. Kind of like the way I feel about Norman Rockwell, I respect what he does and see that it is art, but it is not for me.

By the way I loved the fact that Elton wore perhaps the gayest suit he could find...pink polka dots...FABULOUS!!!

Originally posted by discoboy:

By the way I loved the fact that Elton wore perhaps the gayest suit he could find...pink polka dots...FABULOUS!!!

LOL!! My boyfriend and I were discussing his outfit...now that you mention it, I guess it was intentional! Not many women would even wear that! wink.gif

------------------

rabbithead.GIF

[This message has been edited by playboychick (edited 02-22-2001).]

Originally posted by discoboy:

First of all Elton John is not a sellout. I commend him for the risk he took performing with Eminem and the strong impact he made on everyone who watched. EVERYONE was talking about this performance and it was stirring up controversy and that is what art is when it's done right.

I am gay and I personally do not care for Eminem or his music, but I respect his right to say what is on his mind and he does comment on what is happening in society and again that is what art is when it's done right. He is just not for me. Kind of like the way I feel about Norman Rockwell, I respect what he does and see that it is art, but it is not for me.

I have to go with discoboy on this one... Elton pissed off a good number of people in the gay community, but I think he was making a point. And yes, I was bugging out when I saw the two of them hug -- espceially w/ Elton in that suit! cwm27.gif (... but yes... Dido would have sounded better)

Maybe next year they'll feature a very special performance from Marylin Manson and the Pope.

- meli -

------------------

meli.jpg

AIM: MeliChaCha

Dido would have been better. And Em did manage to sneak a few curses in.

--David Christopher

------------------

Cyberia @ BAR CODE every Saturday. Best house and progressive DJs in NYC. Visit www.headrushmusic.com for this weekend's lineup.

Get into Cheetah for only $5! Visit www.headrushmusic.com for more details.

Original beats: Visit www.mp3.com/headrushmusic to hear my tracks.

Pooter's Trance Shack and Moonshine Distillery: The fattest radio station on the web is at www.mp3.com/stations/pooter and we're open to your submissions!

Elton blew eminen out of the water... His outfit was so outrageously flamboyant and his voice was so powerful... Eminen was wearing this really dull jogging suit or something... his voice was drowned out by the piano... and his spasmodic hand-shaking was the closest thing he gave to a performance. Hopefully he takes a clue from the veteran performer.

I thought it was kind of moving. I mean, if you look at the industry as a whole, both artists are both successful and controversial--and to take their opposing controversies and address them in such a way is not only a new controversy in itself, but it gets the point out that music is a mirror image of our existance, and our existance means accepting the totality of hate, greed, morality and immorality.