Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think old Twilo DJ setup was better.

I can't say that I like the changes they made to the dancefloor and layout of the place. I have made respect for the DJ's but I think putting them up high in the back has a detrimental effect on the club. The majority of the people all face the DJ and it makes you feel like you are at a concert and not a club. Its becoming like London where the DJ's are bigger than the music they spin.

It was better before because people didn't all face one similar direction, people just danced everywhere and you could dance with different people all night. I knew who was spinning and could see them if I really wanted to. The new lights and stuff is cool but I liked the old setup better. I just dont like it how everyone faces the same direction. I don't like dancing to people's backs. Are we there to look at the DJ's or listen to the music?

------------------

------------------------

I'm a slut...I make love to music every night

I guess I wouldn't have a problem with the new setup if everyone in the club didn't face the DJ. I loved it when everyone was dancing in a different direction. There was no front or back or anything. It made the club feel bigger to me.

------------------

------------------------

midiman, you have a point. i did like that about the old setup, the way there was no directional orientation and thus no focal point for the room. i can't figure out why i liked that though

but then i remember always thinking that such awesome talent shouldn't be shacked in a claustrophobic little booth like they were. and i like being able to see the DJ like now. for Twilo's purposes--housing the parties of the best DJ's, i think the setup is perfect

------------------

"real fucking high"

I NOTICE THAT AT TWILO ALSO ON THE 2 NIGHTS THAT I WENT. EVERYONE WAS WATCHING THE DJ SPIN AND LOOKING AT THAT ONE DIRECTION

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

i too like the setup the way it has been the past few months. i think it allows the dj to see the crowd better. i love watchin carl cox or pvd as they drop a hard ass beat, you can see them smiling and carl will be dancin more than some of the people in the crowd. now in the old booth you werent able to see that if you were in the back. also it opens up the exit near the power bar more so that theres not as many jams (except for pvd or s&d). yeah it sucks that you cant see what the dj is doin, but i would rather have the setup now, than the way it was.peas.

Originally posted by mattyparsons:

actually, i think the new way is so much better, because now you dont' have all the groupies who watch the dj clustered around the only two exits to the main room.

plus i like how the dj is center of attention.

Now everyone is a groupy gawking at the DJ and the whole place is clustered. I personally don't feel that the DJ should be the center of attention....THE MUSIC SHOULD BE. I'm there to dance, not watch the DJ. Don't get me wrong, I still love Twilo, the DJ's, the music but I think it was better before because people danced more.

------------------

------------------------

i quite like the setup in twilo but .....

i do like the dj not to be elevated on high ground... Not too sure about the comment about London clubs having DJs high up, this wasn't the case in the places i use to hang out...

Matt

------------------

ccox1.jpg

'Homelands - Winchester'

29th May 1999.

AIM: mattarrundale1