Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Finding an Unheard Vissionary (Jeff Beck)

Jeff Beck is a guitar hero very worthy of being in the company (musically) of Stevie Ray Vaughn; he's made the cover of Rolling Stone 3 times that I know of, and been on the inside cover of a couple of other issues. While he hasn't been around much in the enws lately, his sound is definitely one of the best for blues/funk/folk/soul guitar and worth checking out.

JMHO,

ichi

------------------

Administrative Signature:

Admin1.gifAdmin2.gifAdmin3.gifAdmin4.gifAdmin5.gif

Originally posted by sariman:

In a random fluke while killing time before watching the opening of Monkey Bone (which is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time!) I spent some time in virgin listening to there wall-o-music. I came across a CD Jeff Beck "You had it coming".

I looked this guy up wondering where the hell he had been and it seems he's been around since 68 he just never took his music seriously enough to have it comercially marketted. He's teamed with people like Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and even played guter alongside Roger Waters!

His latest CD is far to inovative for words. Mixing hard techno bass lines with industrial samplings and killer gutar rifts. If your into Techno/Industrial or just like new sounds check this cd out; you won't be dissapointed! It has it all; hard techno. chill lounge, GREAT BLUES, and perfect complation.

Best tracks in my oppinion:

#2 Roy's Toy

#4 Rollin' and Tumblin'

#5 Nadia

#10 Suspension

You rule!!

cwm1.gif .... did ya ever see Jeff Beck play the guitar behind his head? If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it! cwm11.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

Can't belive I never heard of him, but oh well growing up in the cultrally void south can do that too you!

In case you guys are interested he's going to be at the Roseland Ballroom on March 22nd. Ticket prices are from $35 - $75.

//sariman

------------------

clubplanet_sig.gif

I can't even get into How great Jeff Beck is...

My 3 fav albums are

Blow By Blow

Wired

There and back

then theres other great ones

Jeff Beck With The Yardbirds

Beck-Ola

Clapton, Page, & Beck

Guitar Shop

Jeff Beck Group

He's played with Jan Hammer Group, he plays a completely unique style, if you liked the industrial don't expect it on these, but if you enjoy superb musicianship and experimentation and some beautiful guitar work, check out those top 3

You could almost always find him opening up for Santana at Jones beach for years, b4 Santana blew back up.

As for with Roger Waters (amazing musician) On his Amused to Death album, Roger just sent Jeff the mix and said you have two weeks to lay down the guitar parts on your own. Now thats having confidence in a performer, just letting them play everything down without even hearing it or telling him what to do.

- Pete

cool.gif

------------------

------------------------

flash.gif

Upcoming Shows: ???

My new web site...Version 1.04a

[url]http://www.naked-edge.com/schwinge.html

DJSchwinge@naked-edge.com

In a random fluke while killing time before watching the opening of Monkey Bone (which is the funniest movie I've seen in a long time!) I spent some time in virgin listening to there wall-o-music. I came across a CD Jeff Beck "You had it coming".

I looked this guy up wondering where the hell he had been and it seems he's been around since 68 he just never took his music seriously enough to have it comercially marketted. He's teamed with people like Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and even played guter alongside Roger Waters!

His latest CD is far to inovative for words. Mixing hard techno bass lines with industrial samplings and killer gutar rifts. If your into Techno/Industrial or just like new sounds check this cd out; you won't be dissapointed! It has it all; hard techno. chill lounge, GREAT BLUES, and perfect complation.

Best tracks in my oppinion:

#2 Roy's Toy

#4 Rollin' and Tumblin'

#5 Nadia

#10 Suspension

------------------

clubplanet_sig.gif