Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Adam Freemer and the Philly scene...

Since I am imprisoned in Philadelphia for college, my options to have a phat night out are somewhat limited. I did check out DJ Adam Freemer at one of Philly's newest spots, TPDS.

I have to admit, Adam, you really are talented. You have a way of creating a great environment with what limited resources you have (broken speakers, uneducated crowd, etc.). Good luck with the gig and let's all hope Philly gets "enlightened."

And by the way, to everyone in NY, I miss you guys, especially Sound Factory on Fridays and Saturdays.

Popular belief thinks that Philly is wack. Ehh. Like an archaeologist looking for the treasures of an unknown pyramid, a die-hard NY clubber has found certain places that they can actually enjoy themselves, and also check out the best eye-candy Philly has to offer.

I would recommend Tribecca to anyone looking for some good music and good looking people. Also, Fluid on any day of the week is pretty much packed. Finally, I have found two clubs that do it right. Peace and love everyone.

HIGHMAY

yea philly clubs do need alot of work but yano...they are tryin heh heh, hey if you know of any good ones let me know, i live about 45 mins from philly and its much less of a hassle to drive 45 mins then 2 hrs to nyc lol...although twilo is worth it!

------------------

THIS SHIT AIN'T OVER TILL THE LAST RECORD SPINS!!

PLUR

aol sn: kshark81

tick1.gif

Highmay,

Thanks a lot for your comment, after saturday where its just one of those nights where everything goes wrong (soundsystem was DOA, monitor DOA, cd players an hour late...) it's really nice to know there are a few that appreciate the time and effort I put into it. I'm just a music geek, who is addicted to vinyl, and loves to play to people.. Philly?? I know I know, I drive 80 miles to the nyc nearly every week to hear DT because of how bad most of the clubs and music is in philly. There are a few good spots (fluid, sometimes evolution, tribecca, etc, optimal eye candy is usually at evolution id say...ha) but for the most part, yea, its philly. I have some things in the works, and I'll let people know, but if you want to stop down again, make sure you email me so i can put you and whomever on the list. Did you go to twilo last Sunday?? Twiloman, 2 hours to NYC? where you live, delaware?? smile.gif I can make it from northeast philly burbs in like 1 hour 20...double digit speed.. smile.gif My all time record is 1 hour 5...but my top speed was classified...

Peace!

Adam

------------------

House This! http://www.djadamf.com adam@djadamf.com

We're working hard to improve the Philly scene. Its tuff when so many Philly "scenesters" have no clue about music and club operations, yet they all find their way into promotions or management jobs at clubs with some potential. Too bad it doesn't turn out for the better. I know a lot of people in this scene and hopefully I can start to make an impact to improve it.

Good luck with the improvement of the scene. One thing that's a given: it's going to be a long upward battle for Philly to gain respectability and knowledge.

Clear cut example (and Freemer will attest): We're at TPDS and Freemer was off from playing Arabian Pleasure by I think Tony Draper, this lady comes in to request a song. Now I'm thinking, since it's Philly, she's gonna ask for some cheesy house song like Good Vibrations or something. Anyway she asked for "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin. All I did was shake my head.

So good luck. And bcnagele, what plans do you have in mind and what scene are you gearing your project for?