Clubplanet Nightlife Community

LI'ers - remembering the good ole days...

Sorry, but I was just reminiscing about:

Malibu's

Sprats (on the curb)

Sprats (on the water)

OBI

CoCo's (it's not the same anymore)

Chevy's

Savoy

Caffiene

and I can't recall what the place used to be called years ago, but now it's Club Deep. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

What other LI clubs am I missing?

------------------

pc.GIF

only one club on there worth mentioning...

MALIBU

club was iiiiiiiiiiill

and maybe a little tip of the hat to caffeine smile.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by playboychick:

What happened to Malibu? I thought they were doing well? I never heard why they closed down. Hell, nobody's even done anything with the property. Everything is still standing as is.

i don't know but that i loved that place... just come right off the beach all day w/ a nice tan and hit up the club..

i would definetly go back there if they reopened...

they really need to... give another option out here other then the played out shit in island park

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

i used to travel from jersey to caffeine all the time when it was opened. that club was the shit back then. to bad the club closed down and caffeine sold out.

------------------

chickn4.gif

A ho don't make a housewife.

pimp by blood not by relation.

AOL J303J

what bout industry aka bremuda triangel ??

i only went there once actually .. but it was ok for LI cheese .. got into a fight , violently tossed out in the street , then into a car chase ... awwww the good old days !!

playboy chick where from ?? did u see my reply to your about trixx at metro 700 ?

-joey

------------------

Your ad here !

contact joeydollaz@aol.com

I miss "Freedom" afterhours, in the Hampton Bays. That shit was off the meter. It was good in 97/98, but it sucked after that. The place started getting raided and they started opening it up at 9pm and closing at 4 am. When they first opened, they would open on Sunday morning at 4am and close at about 2 in the afternoon. It was nuts; no alcohol served there, but absolutely anything went. Phattest underground party ever, Dj Rob James made it even phatter.

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth:

Deep used to be "Karma." It was off the meter then, now it sucks.

ewwww

it sucked then too

------------------

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by joeydollaz:

playboy chick where from ?? did u see my reply to your about trixx at metro 700 ?

-joey

I grew up in Lake Grove, but went to Hofstra (that why I ended up going to all the Nassau clubs). I never went to Trixx. I used to go to Metro on Tuesday nights when it was the Ocean Club. Hell, I still have a flyer from when I saw Bizarre Inc. there!

------------------

pc.GIF

Hey i remember Malibu when it was called California. I used to live 2 miles away and it is still standing--and open for business. It opens up on the weekends--not sure if it opens up every weekend, but when it does, the parking lot still fills up. There are 4 differnt names to that club now and all they do it put up the name of the club they want it to be that night on the billboard. It looks warn down and is a complete eye sore to the area around it.

Karma is right across the street--Went there a few times and always had a great time. but heard that it isn't too great now--when ever I pass that place it looks closed. And it was wayyyyyyy to tiny!!!!!! Liked the couch and fireplace--added a nice touch.

Originally posted by smileygirl:

Hey i remember Malibu when it was called California. I used to live 2 miles away and it is still standing--and open for business. It opens up on the weekends--not sure if it opens up every weekend, but when it does, the parking lot still fills up. There are 4 differnt names to that club now and all they do it put up the name of the club they want it to be that night on the billboard. It looks warn down and is a complete eye sore to the area around it.

Karma is right across the street--Went there a few times and always had a great time. but heard that it isn't too great now--when ever I pass that place it looks closed. And it was wayyyyyyy to tiny!!!!!! Liked the couch and fireplace--added a nice touch.

your confusing malibu w/ south beach

that place is a dump

but malibu was IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL

biggrin.gif

they neeeeeeed to reopen, i'd be there in a heartbeat after getting nice and toasty all day on the beach

------------------

hmr3.gif