Clubplanet Nightlife Community

studio in E. vill or W. Vill w/o brokers fees?

best advice i can give you is to go buy gabriel's no-fee rental guide at Barnes & Noble or sign up with rent-direct.com. read the new york times, village voice etc. it's not easy, be prepared for some serious running around and stress!

marionyc is looking for a roommate in midtown/east ... if you don't have your heart set on the village. he posted a day or two ago, the thread should be easy to find.

My building has some studios from $1700 - $1900 and they are great for 1 person - good extras (elevator, laundry, video security, dishwasher etc) -- off Christopher Street / 6th Ave. -- Honestly for under $1700 you cant get much below 14th street west, in the east village you might find something for a little less, $1400 -$1500 ish.

Good luck, I went through this twice, paid a broker the first time (but the apt was 900 lol) and because of an asshole broker actually AVOIDED the fee the second time. The best thing is to go walk around and find buildings you like, make a huge list of the mnagement numbers (you can find them on the inner door in most buildings, or inside where the buzzers/mailboxes are) and just cold call asking if there are vacancies. Worth saving 3 grand! also be READY TO SIGN the lease and hand over 3 months on the spot, or u might lose a good deal.

smile.gif

MD

------------------

xoxo "Drugs may be the wrong path...but at least its a scenic route!" xoxo

MissDiva19@aol.com