Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PICK MERCEDES E CLASS 320/430 OR BMW 540I

Depends what you want. I have a 2000 3-Series BMW and I like it because I'm younger and it's sporty yet luxorious.. The 5 series is too big for my taste. Mercedes are just pure class, my mom had one. Both BMW's and Mercedes ride excellent but the Benz oozes class. My next car will be a Benz.....

Not the E320, that would compete with the 528i.

After having the fortune of driving both, i have to say E430 vs. 540i is not a comparison; the two cars are so completely different. The Bim fits the driver, much more fun, much more sporting and tailored to the driver, and a gorgeous, timeless style. It also ends up feeling a little cramped on a longer trip, has a LOT less features for a comparable price, and also tends to depreciate faster.

The Benz (E430 Sport 4matic), while the driver is more detached, is roomier (debatable if it's more comfortable, though, even with the sport seats) quieter, and more composed at high speeds (90 MPH+) as long as there are no tight bends in the road. It is also more impressive at how fluidly it gets to those speeds... Tons of features, a beautiful shape, but sometimes feels a little bit too empty/cvernous inside. Also the COMAND system is a pain when in traffic.

Overall, I'd take either one, but I'd probably buy the Benz.

ichi - I love friends who let me drive!

------------------

ebreak.gif

I just took delivery on my new E430.Orignally I had a 1997 E320 there is a very big difference in the handaling in addition to the E430's power.I find the xenon lamps to be awsome and the extra luxury of the expresso interior tremendous.If you want luxury and kick ass performance I strongly advise this car.

Neither!! I would get the CLK 430, either the coupe or the cabriolet version. (They are around the same price.) If you really want something with 4 doors, that's a good value, take a look at the X class Jag...

Originally posted by emo:

Neither!! I would get the CLK 430, either the coupe or the cabriolet version. (They are around the same price.) If you really want something with 4 doors, that's a good value, take a look at the X class Jag...

XJR, a good value? $74k, when you can buy one with 10 thousand miles for $40k? Love the Jag, it's gorgeous, fast, and classic, but it's a big bite to take, whether or not Ford has brough the quality up...

CLK430 is a bit of an awkward car though I base that on experience only with the coupe. If I'm going to make the sacrifice to 2 doors, I'm damned well getting the CLK55 and enjoying the AMG benefits! Or better yet, the CL500, or CL55.

ichi - gearhead since day 1

------------------

ebreak.gif

Wait then the bmw m3 is probably in your price range... Go with that it is ridiculously hot... I got a lexus is300 which i love but it sounds like you got more cash to throw around so go for the m3.

i saw someone say the clk which is also hot...

------------------

Don't you want to grow up to be just like me....

get a cadillac sts, cant beat the northstar engine

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

I PICKED MY E55 OVER THE M5... BOTH CARS ARE GREAT, BUT THE E55 HAD SOMETHING THE BMW DIDNT.. THE RIDE WAS MORE COMFY AND THE FEATURES DID BEAT OUT THE BMW... AGAIN, BOTH CARS ARE GREAT, BUT I'D STICK WITH MY E.