Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Early close at SF

Guest danwang

Guest danwang

Made my first trip to the Factory last night... just got back... was anyone else there?

Things ended at 1:20 this afternoon, which sounds earlier than the last few times they closed. That's good for me because I can say I went the distance AND be able to get a little bit of sleep before I have to pick up my gf from the airport.

The place was pretty packed from 2 am to 8 am. Then people started leaving, and I think maybe for that reason, JP started lowering the BPM. From 10 am to 12:15 pm, it seemed there were more people upstairs (on the third level, which has the overhead view of the floor) than on the floor. JP ended out the "night" with a Janet Jackson song.

Why is it that I don't get to see the crazy shit at these places that people talk about? Just like 5 years ago when Limelight was bigger and more infamous. People told me about stuff they saw, and then when I went, nothing of the sort happened.

Maybe the closest thing that I saw, which wasn't much, was at 1 am, where a girl pulled off her shirt and danced in her bra (and a skirt on the bottom, though she did pull that down a little at times to show her undies). She rolled on the floor and I think was doing splits and stuff - reminded me of the video for Billy Idol's "Cradle of Love" from way back when.

Maybe you saw something that I also saw but don't remember... lemme know and maybe it will refresh my memory smile.gif

The little performances that were put on at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30 were a little interesting. Maybe just the 7:30 one, where the guy dancers were in their birthday suit and used their hands to cover their privates while dancing.

I did see the hot tub, but not the heart-shaped bed. Where can that be found?

It's interesting that JP is able to DJ with his Walkman-style (wireless) headphones. Has anyone else ever noticed?

I've been told he can do a whole 12+ hour set without repeating a song. However, I heard him play 4 songs twice, even though the first time was early on, and the second time was near the end. I remember hearing two of those songs also played by the girl dj (Penelope Tuesdae?) downstairs - I'm not sure of the titles but the "Overdrive" song and "Rocking the Casbah" (remix of the 80's song)

------------------

Fierceness is always welcome

You should have been there last week..

I'm sure tons of people took off this week due to last week's party..

I was gonna go, but I had a feeling JP wasnt gonna turn it out like he did last week..

------------------

..Something for your mind, your body, and your soul

It's the power, it's larouse curiosity..

The purpose, the goal which one act's on..

A journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain..

Rhythmatic movements in unicen with others prolong and act's of sensations, with no limit's or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

It's the point of greatest intensity..

Pleasure's of the highest sence..

Feeling's of warmth and security..

Willing and unwilling sensation's of the mind..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..

Guest danwang

Originally posted by kewlgirl:

yeah, i was there last night and DID NOT have a good time...but i did catch the hot tub act...poor guy...there are some angry people over there at SF...

What happened at the hot tub? I just know that it's there. smile.gif

What was the difference between this week and last week? Better crowd? Or JP was just DJ'ing better - if so, then how so?

------------------

oh, i thought you meant that you caught that act...well, at around 3:30ish, this cracked out guy took all his clothes off only to reveal a shriveled up little 2 inch pecker and proceeded to get in to that filthy, disease ridden tub...it was quite the sight...

I was there last night too....left at about

9:00 am..........was also there on friday....

had a long weekend this week......

I got to say,,,,,i had a great time both nights..........I was there when the girl took her top off.......it was nice,,but she was not good looking.....her friend on the other hand was pretty hot....the one dressed like a cat....now,,she was hot...

on top of all, I got to say that SF fucking rocks.......see ya all there....

------------------

stoned_e0.gif

Guest danwang

oh, i thought you meant that you caught that act...well, at around 3:30ish, this cracked out guy took all his clothes off only to reveal a shriveled up little 2 inch pecker and proceeded to get in to that filthy, disease ridden tub...it was quite the sight...

Missed it! D'oh! smile.gif

Didn't know anyone tried going in there. I thought there was some guy watching.

Could the tub really be full of disease if no one used it? (well, I have read somewhere that warm water like that is good conditions for breeding bacteria...)

Actually at that time, I was probably stuck down at the balcony area near the DJ booth. The place was jammed. I think this happened a few hours later, but anyways, there were people dancing like mofos right at the bottom of the stairway between Level 3 and 2 - a high traffic area! There was one girl going down the stairs who almost got decked by one of these guys; luckily she didn't but she started doing a little vogue along with the guy.

Btw, in this same area, did anyone see the fight that almost broke out some time in the early morning? (Still doesn't compare to the girlfight I saw at Exit, while Shaggy was playing at the KTU party, of all things smile.gif )

I remember that the top floor was closed off (VIP only, I think) when I came in, and I later was able to go up, but probably not at or before the time you mentioned.

I wonder if anyone has ever used the showers between the tub and the bathroom.

------------------

Guest danwang

Too bad I didn't see kewlgirl in her "higher state of consciousness" but were there any other sightings of anyone who was (or seemed to be) clearly on drugs? Didn't see as much of the "Cracktory" as I was expecting or hoping. cwm12.gif

------------------

Guest danwang

I'd say a good majority of em were on something! Weren't you there???

Maybe I need to be educated on tell tale signs (and no, I don't want to try it for myself smile.gif ). Been going to more civilized places like Twilo too much. smile.gif

At around noon time, near the coat check I did ask someone what time SF usually closes. She (who was looking quite tired) said 3 or 4, then asked "You got pills?" After I said "No", I realized I should have said something like "Like Vivarin?" smile.gif

Dang, after that club-a-thon, I took a few naps, but was planning to take a nice loooong nap before going to work tomorrow. Thanks to this board, looks like that ain't happening. cwm45.gif

[This message has been edited by danwang (edited 04-09-2001).]