Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Seaman - Twilo

I'm really bummed - I couldn't make it to see Dave Seaman on Saturday at Twilo. He's one of my favorite DJ's and I have yet to see him live ( every time he comes into NYC something happens that I can't go ), can anyone tell me how the night was and how he was, please tell me a good story ( or bad if that's how it went. ) Thanks!

It was definitely one of his best sets in Twilo. We got to Twilo around 12:30 and Chris Fortier was REALLY good despite playing for an empty club until 2:00. Seaman started around 2:45 with Hide You - what ann amazing track. He kept his set very progressive all night. The vibe was great and the music even better. Next time he comes to town, do yourself a favor and see him. Too bad he does not play longer sets on Friday.

------------------

Quitters never win and winners never quit!

I liked him. He wasn't utterly spectacular (ie Fontaine) but I thought he was pretty enjoyable. He definitely mixed it up a lot like his CDS, but nowhere near as good as his Renaissance or Buenos Aries CDs. He started off housey and then started throwing some crazy trance anthems towards the end, BUT he seemed to stay more on the housey side and barely threw in trance anthems at all. As a matter of fact it was almost all house. Chris Fortier was better - more jungle beats but he flowed better from song to song. Seaman was all over the place. One song would be a trance vocal, the next would be deep drum and bass (like digweed).I left at 5 and he was still playing. Junior wasn't coming on that night, the next guy was manny lehman.

Place had an EXIT kind of vibe for some reason. Not like the typical Fridays.

It was my first time seeing him. I would see him again, but don't expect the same you hear from his CDs.

the fortier/seaman is one of the biggest sleeper nites at twilo. those 2 really throw down for the 6-7 hrs they have on saturdays. i wasn't there this saturday but i expected nothing but praises for the nite...

------------------

they just strut, what the fuck?

Originally posted by mel-o-d:

Darn it ... was really thinking about going as I totally love Seaman. Luckily something came up and I had a fabulous night nonetheless. How was the turn out?

The turnout was pretty good. By 3:00 - 3:30 the place filled up very quickly. It was not too crowded though. The crowd was very diverse: gay, straight, a bunch of over-dressed drag queens, a group of men in taxedoes and women in evening gouns, a typical Saturday Twilo crowd.

------------------

Quitters never win and winners never quit!

Guest danwang

SOmeone on the twilo board reported the Manny Lehman kept place going until 12:30 pm. I'm not sure when he started though.

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath

Don't forget the Hairy Guy in his Joe Boxers walking around doing sign language with his glowsticks! Oh and the Narc wearing his windbreaker hood all night. That dude stuck out more than a hooker at a convent school. cwm6.gif

Guest danwang

Originally posted by mrk:

Don't forget the Hairy Guy in his Joe Boxers walking around doing sign language with his glowsticks! Oh and the Narc wearing his windbreaker hood all night. That dude stuck out more than a hooker at a convent school. cwm6.gif

Doesn't the hairy guy strip down over the course of the night?

------------------

We're alive, take a breath

We're alive, take a deep breath