Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SUSHI ANYONE?

omg i tryed sushi for the first time friday night.. i think im inloveeeeeeee OMG YUM! anyone else like it? and name some good places and locations to try it! and a price range! THANKSSSSS AND HAVE A HAPPY KEASTER! XOXOXOXOXO MWWWWWWAHZ

KERRY

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

"take my heart or i'm gonna lose, if you walk away i'll never use it"

aim:LikmyLipz

e-mail:LikmyLipz@aol.com

likmylipz.gif

www.lipz.net

Originally posted by lillizzy:

hasaki on 9th street

btwn 2nd and 3rd ave inthe city

its REALLY pricey but its the best sushi everrrrrrr

is it one of the places where you actually get to like sit on the floor and have to take off your shoes.. or is it the type of place you sit at a reg table?

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

likmylipz.gif

www.lipz.net

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

Not for nothing, but did you grow up under a rock? Sushi is everywhere, even in eastern Long Island.

Sushi is everywhere in the city...try <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.nytoday.com" TARGET=_blank>www.nytoday.com</A> and look for restaurants listed as japanese or sushi

if ya wanna say i grew up under a rock, i guess you can say that.. but i just dont want to end up eating at a place and getting sick.. i figured just gettin a few peoples opinions wouldnt hurt.. sorry...

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

likmylipz.gif

www.lipz.net

i loooooooooove sushi...i've been craving it for the longest time...thank goodness passover is over...im so going out for it tomorrow for lunch...yay

um and if u r ever in brooklyn, there is a place in brooklyn heights on montague street(not sure of the name but can find out if need be) that makes awesome sushi and its half price...what more can u ask for

------------------

i was alone thinking i was just fine,

i wasnt looking for anyone to be mine,

i thought love was just a fabrication,

a train that wouldnt stop at my station,

home, alone, that was my consignment,

solitary confinement,

So when we met i was getting around u,

i didnt know i was looking for love till i found u...

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

is it one of the places where you actually get to like sit on the floor and have to take off your shoes.. or is it the type of place you sit at a reg table?

its a sit down place...but the only places i can think of where u sit on the floor are in staten island...hmm ill look in to it

im getting sick of sushi i live across the street from 2 places, and my school has a sushi bar as part of the meal plan

no more iewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

------------------

~*~lizzy~*~

aim: woa its lizzy

EXIT fridays & TUNNEL saturdays: Lil Lizzy's Guestlist;)

147.gif10847.gif

Hey keri! Glad to see you back among us! I'm a total Sushi fiend and there are many great sushi houses in the city but here are my top three favs:

Ave A sushi (DJs spin great music and it's got a really cool "clubby" vibe..)

There's the most amazing "Japanese Steak house" on 9th street which name I can't remember (It's one you can sit and cook your own stuff and take your shoes off)

also..

Sushi Samba on 7th ave (next to Jeckle and Hyde...great mix of Sushi and latin food. Very Swanky and trendy but yummy!)

oh and one more...

Arai (but I think it change it's name) On Bleeker and..(?) It's got a really cool but small back yard with a mini pool with fish and a water fall..very soothing and cozy on a nice warm day.

Hope this help..

*9th street has the best selection of Sushi places though and while you are there DEF check out Decible (a sake bar) and the Japanese Grocerie store next to the book store. (You have to go up in an elevator but they have the yummiest gummie candies and asian goodies around!)

cwm35.gif

------------------

Sigcopy.jpg

Originally posted by LikmyLipz:

if ya wanna say i grew up under a rock, i guess you can say that.. but i just dont want to end up eating at a place and getting sick.. i figured just gettin a few peoples opinions wouldnt hurt.. sorry...

ok, sop0 that came out harsher than I meant it, but if you've looked at the board, the sushi topic has been done over and over... and people even have lunch meetups to do suhi from time to time. Sushi is not a new phenomenon, and the best advice is a) don't buy it from a kebab cart B) don't buy it form a place w/o refrigeration, and c) try not to buy it from a deli or burger place

Other than that, go out, explore, try different places. like i said, instead of being helpless about it, check nytoday and TRY SOME OF THE PLACES. That's what most people would do.

If you want hints on what to try, i'd suggest eel, fluke, the ubiquitous tuna/spicy tuna, farmed sturgeon, salmon, grouper, bonefish, snapper, dolphin (aka mahi-mahi, not flipper) etc. etc. - not crap flavorless whitefish like catfish or flounder, things that taste good only with other flavors cooked into them. if you want rolls, dragon roll is usually a good call, standard sashimi rolls, yada yada.

But begging for restaurants form a BBS is like going to thingamajob.com... if you can't even be bothered to make a MINIMAL effort for yrself, why should everyone trip over themselves to do your legwork for you? something about the way you presented yrself as "look at me i'm so sweet and clueless couldn't you just scream!" rubbed me the wrong way.

-ichi

------------------

ebreak.gif

sorry if i came off the wrong way... i had rainbow maki and philly rolls (OMG YUM) spicy tuna rolls.. ohh and i realised i like tofu and thats good too.. i love trying new things.. i feel like a lil baby.... lol

but thankies for all the helpful info!

XOXO WMAHZ

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

likmylipz.gif

www.lipz.net

Kerry!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I can't believe you never had sushi before???????????????? Next time you come to Brooklyn, I'm taking you to one of my favorite Japanese restaurants and we're eating a LOT of sushi and a TON of fried ice cream smile.gif I absolutely LOVE sushi, crave it all the time LOL.. Yummmmm now you got me all hungry smile.gif

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

i loooooooooove sushi...i've been craving it for the longest time...thank goodness passover is over...im so going out for it tomorrow for lunch...yay

um and if u r ever in brooklyn, there is a place in brooklyn heights on montague street(not sure of the name but can find out if need be) that makes awesome sushi and its half price...what more can u ask for

my sentiments exactly smile.gif

also been craving burritos and pizza, but sushi has been #1 on my list.

------------------

"I was on a roll until you got here. If you weren't reading this, I'd have some free time. If I weren't writing this, you'd have some free time. Tag, you lose!" --josh mintz

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -voltaire

Originally posted by mysteriousss:

Kerry!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I can't believe you never had sushi before???????????????? Next time you come to Brooklyn, I'm taking you to one of my favorite Japanese restaurants and we're eating a LOT of sushi and a TON of fried ice cream smile.gif I absolutely LOVE sushi, crave it all the time LOL.. Yummmmm now you got me all hungry smile.gif

we deeeeeeeef gotta do a dinner date sooooon YOU EVIL TWIN YOU! lol tehehehe

mwwwwwwahz

------------------

lips.gif~LiPz~ lips.gif

likmylipz.gif

www.lipz.net

Originally posted by cuteboobie:

Haha.. My sister works a block away from that place and we went there a LOT.. REALLY yummy stuff smile.gif OK PPL YOU ARE KILLING ME... Sushi for lunch tomorrow for sure smile.gif

sorry... not trying to start an offtopic convo but...

HEY ZOYA! miss you bunches and we'll get some sushi as soon as i get home... still have ur cell number... when it gets closer i'll give ya ring and give u my number up there! luv d.

------------------

~ you see house is a feeling ~

~ the dj, the music, and me ~

heh heh heh, coming from you LmL, I really had no idea if this thread was about food...

Yes, sushi is wonderful... i eat mostly for the damn wasabi. And i can't resist it if it's near.

Remember, if your fish smells like "fish", then its not fresh any longer. Fresh fish has almost no odor, and is not oily.

------------------

...and in a mystery to be

(when time from time shall set us free)

forgetting me, remember me

-e. e. cummings

AOL IM: petrol01

try hamachi, otherwise known as yellowtail... its my favorite kind of raw fish, it melts in your mouth (even better is sashimi, without the rice).

wash it down with a bowl of miso! cwm7.gif